Sponsored

Solo Performance catback exhaust

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hey guys,

Here is a quick and terrible video of my Solo Performance catback exhaust specifically made for our V6: [ame]

Since I'm located in Toronto, I was able to get in touch with Solo Performance locally and they told me they needed a car to help them shoot promo videos for the new V6 catback. Long story short I said yes and been driving with the exhaust for about a month now. Here are some of my PERSONAL opinions on this setup.

Pros:
- stainless steel catback
- J-pipes help eliminate drone and actually work
- Mid-muffler, so saves some weight
- Absolutely love the sound down low. Car has a v8 vibe inside the cabin pre-3k RPM
- No drone! Just did a 700km trip mostly in 6th gear and listening to music on 8/talking to passenger was not a problem what-so-ever.

Cons:
- Tips are adjustable (clamps) so if you have OCD good luck

BONUS pictures of the catback:

My previous setup was Borla ATAK axlebacks without CAI. They sounded AMAZING 3k+ RPM but pre-3k was rather shitty.

Edit:

I now have Solo's high flow cats and their catback system (Video below). Car sounds like a freakin' racecar (awesome). It's loud enough to make you smile, but not loud enough to pop ear drums. Drone is still not an issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Hmm, is the size of the tip 4.5 inch?

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hmm, is the size of the tip 4.5 inch?
Something like that. It's either 3.5 or 4. I honestly can't remember off the top of my head.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
This is one I'd like to hear in person.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Lol, my weather isn't much different than yours. I was just in Niagara Falls a couple weeks ago. It was in the 80s, now were in the 50s. WTF.

5SS0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kais
Vehicle(s)
15 Triple Yellow Cyclone AT & 15 Silver Coyote MT
Nice. The tips appear to be 4.5 inches. Please do a drive by and take off video when you can :D

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
All sorts of everything [ame]

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
- Exhaust moved within a month so I need to get it re-adjusted (but apparently it's to be expected :shrug:)
If every clamp is clamped properly, those won't move. It is going to settle a bit in the rubber hangers. If you're talking about the tips coming off center, that is probably because the tip adjuster part in the back on each side wasn't tightened enough and vibration moved them some. Easy fix, take 10 min. if you're picky.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
If every clamp is clamped properly, those won't move. It is going to settle a bit in the rubber hangers. If you're talking about the tips coming off center, that is probably because the tip adjuster part in the back on each side wasn't tightened enough and vibration moved them some. Easy fix, take 10 min. if you're picky.
Hah I need to edit my review since it's been quite a while. Exhaust it sitting great now.

Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
17 base 3.7 manual
Just installed SOLO cat-back system. Stock converters still onboard, no plan to swap those.

Report back in 1 month.

Sound is amazing, more fun, seems better throttle response, especially woke up 3rd gear a bit.
So far so good

Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
17 base 3.7 manual
Been a month.... this exhaust is Loud. Im getting into my golden years...so for a young owner.. it may not be-)

....Its a Good loud, ripping V6 sound, but beware... its a big step up from stock for loudness.

My mechanic said it looks of good build quality

Cabin volume is up quite a bit also. Not sure if its " drone" honestly im not sure what drone is.... vs just a louder exhaust ?

You can keep it more quiet with a gentle throttle foot... neat system really.

And i havent yet tried adjusting the
J-tubes.

Tips are so easy to adjust and look perfect, as they should have stock.
the Solo guys answer the phone, and are happy to answer questions, super service.
Sponsored