Mustang handling

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
So considering the fact that Im building my 19’ EB for track and handling, what are some upgrades/modifications I can do to it that’ll help give it better handling and turning. I heard a wider track width would help with that ?
Sponsored

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
Great question

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
So considering the fact that Im building my 19’ EB for track and handling, what are some upgrades/modifications I can do to it that’ll help give it better handling and turning. I heard a wider track width would help with that ?
Depends on your starting point. Are you building from a performance pack or base model?

Normally what if recommend as a former ecoboost owner. Upgrade the stock intercooler to protect the engine and keep it cool.
Next make sure you upgrade the rubber (and wheels too). Any further suspension mods are useless if you can't put that turbo power to the ground.

After that then we can talk about actual suspension.

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Depends on your starting point. Are you building from a performance pack or base model?

Normally what if recommend as a former ecoboost owner. Upgrade the stock intercooler to protect the engine and keep it cool.
Next make sure you upgrade the rubber (and wheels too). Any further suspension mods are useless if you can't put that turbo power to the ground.

After that then we can talk about actual suspension.
I replaced the intercooler with CVFAB’s race intercooler as well with thier charge pipes. Im looking to change to some new wheels and tires I’m just not sure what I should use for my current application

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the intercooler with CVFAB’s race intercooler as well with thier charge pipes. Im looking to change to some new wheels and tires I’m just not sure what I should use for my current application
https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/ford/mustang/ford-s550-mustang-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide

For wheels check the guide above and shop around, anything handling wise you want to step up to at least a 9.5 wide wheel in all four corners.

Almost all handling builds are square setups. For the S550 chassis generally 285/35-19 is pretty common (19x10 wheels). Start there and see what others are using on the forum. The eco high performance pack comes on 265/40-19 tires, so that might be another size to experiment with.

Tire compund wise will depend on whether the car is your daily and if you have storage for more sets of wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/ford/mustang/ford-s550-mustang-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide

For wheels check the guide above and shop around, anything handling wise you want to step up to at least a 9.5 wide wheel in all four corners.

Almost all handling builds are square setups. For the S550 chassis generally 285/35-19 is pretty common (19x10 wheels). Start there and see what others are using on the forum. The eco high performance pack comes on 265/40-19 tires, so that might be another size to experiment with.

Tire compund wise will depend on whether the car is your daily and if you have storage for more sets of wheels.
Thanks for the info ! You think I can change the 19x10s for 18x10s or 17x10s ?

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info ! You think I can change the 19x10s for 18x10s or 17x10s ?
As long as you don't have the brembos you can use the 17's. If you're looking for a handling build I'd try to go for 18's though. But you can see options for that fitment in the guide in the link I posted.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
once you start tracking you'll know answers youself.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
most track guys typically do a square setup. not necessarily the most street friendly. you have to remember the wider track will pull all over street roads and you'll get alot of sway. so you just have to decide how wide you want to go.

upgraded shocks and struts especially adjustable can let you fine tune as well, along with upgraded sway bars

feel free to dm me and we can go over your goals

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
18x11 square. Apex. Best bang for your buck before diving into anything else. Then solidly locating the control arms front and rear. This makes the car consistent. When tested the front control arm spherical bearings at Sebring I was shocked that lap after lap the car responded the exact same way to turn in.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So considering the fact that Im building my 19’ EB for track and handling, what are some upgrades/modifications
I would start with upgrading the driver. Based on your question, I can only imagine that that mod is very inexperienced so it will pay off more in the long run to update that first.

You can throw thousands of dollars of mods at the rest of the car and still get lapped by a stock EB with a good driver.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Looking at Car and Driver's Lightning Laps it appears that the Mustangs they test have *lots* of negative camber up front and generate some really high G numbers with the Cup 2 R tires.
This may not be something we want for a daily driver but for the track it sure works.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Here are some of the best suspension threads I found over the 8+ years I have been here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mild-suspension-upgrades-is-there-such-a-thing.111669/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/suspension-update-and-upgrades.142762/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/making-a-non-pp-gt-handle-like-a-gt350.102590/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fp-track-handling-pack.147572/page-3#post-3027351
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/m6g-suspension-nirvana.122473/

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Wider tires and performance alignment. 305's on all 4 corners work great.