Sponsored

MRT Hood Struts

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Is there anyone else who owns the new MRT strut design have input?
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'll bring this one back, I'd like to know if anyone has the redesigned ones as well.

altieryikes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Does anyone know if the hood struts have a fail-safe mechanism in place to prevent the hood from falling on you in the event that they break? The odds are probably slim that they would both fail at the same time, but just in case.

I imagine if one of them did quit working, the other strut would be able to keep the hood up. Would you be able to tell right away if one of them wasn't working properly while opening or closing the hood?

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Got the updated MRT strut installed recently

First of all, I think the new updated design is fine. No hood flex. Can't find anything wrong with it. Lifts fine, closes fine (I "semi-slam" the hood down from 15 inches high).

Second, I was also curious if one strut would hold the hood up. I tried. And the answer is NO.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I'm having an issue closing the hood (hood will close and initially latch, but won't latch completely) with these installed.... anyone have any ideas? The bottom mounts don't line up very well, so I was thinking that may be it. I have since removed them and it closes fine.

Sponsored

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I'm having an issue closing the hood (hood will close and initially latch, but won't latch completely) with these installed.... anyone have any ideas? The bottom mounts don't line up very well, so I was thinking that may be it. I have since removed them and it closes fine.
The bottom mount really does not look aligned. But thats normal. Mine closes perfectly. My theory is that your hood rubber bump stops just right beside your radiator cover are too high. To lower it, you will have to just turn them several times clockwise. It works just like a screw. Then try to drop the hood again from 15 inches and see if it closes tight.

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
...so MRT or Redline? Hood flex is my biggest concern, not battery cover just fyi. currently in the market for some strut action.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
MRT with the new one bolt design here and they work great.

I was worried about hood flex as well since I have heard about previous model Mustangs having issues with it. Always heard MRT and Redline were the two to go with and went with MRT because of the no drilling. I also have not had issues with the hood falling down from wind but it is easy to close, which is nice since I was still worried about the resistance from the shocks. Happy customer here.

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Anybody else having issues with these when the hood is closed? The hood sticks up maybe 1/8th of an inch but makes it look like Im having alignment issue with the gap and the fender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Anybody else having issues with these when the hood is closed? The hood sticks up maybe 1/8th of an inch but makes it look like Im having alignment issue with the gap and the fender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bringing this up to date. Yes, I installed new MRT GT350 struts today and on the hood, my front right, passenger side is of whack now. I went back through the installation and checked the nuts, all secure. The right side lifts up about an 1/8 to not quite a 1/4 inch. Does the hood have to be realigned now? Don’t like the look of the hood as it sets now. May go back to stock if I can’t fix this. Thanks in advance.