Sponsored

Mrt hood struts help?

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Im wondering what I did wrong or if anyone else is having the same issue , it looks like somehow the hood struts push the hood up somewhat when closed leaving a noticeable gap between the fender and hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
that isnt too bad...mine wouldn't close when i had it. i was probably installing them wrong but after flipping brackets so many times and adjusting it i gave up, sold it, picked up redlines...went in without any headache.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
that isnt too bad...mine wouldn't close when i had it. i was probably installing them wrong but after flipping brackets so many times and adjusting it i gave up, sold it, picked up redlines...went in without any headache.

Its only on one side and its not by much but it's unacceptable, cant believe nobody talks about this issue more or is it just me and you

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I considered redline but I didnt want to drill but If I cant get this fix, Ill consider them
The drilling for Redline is just the battery cover. I also cut mine from the drilled hole to the edge so it comes off without removing the strut.:thumbsup:

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
totally normal.
if you add a spring between body and hood, you need to move the hood to compensate for that change (back will help a bit, but technically you are also changing the curvature of the hood...)

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
totally normal.
if you add a spring between body and hood, you need to move the hood to compensate for that change (back will help a bit, but technically you are also changing the curvature of the hood...)
No, that is not normal. A properly designed system will not change anything when installed. Our gas spring sits perfectly horizontal when the hood is closed thus not putting any upward stress on the hood and will not cause this issue. This "bowing" is a common problem with that style hood lift and only gets worse when you have a Fiberglass hood.

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No, that is not normal. A properly designed system will not change anything when installed. Our gas spring sits perfectly horizontal when the hood is closed thus not putting any upward stress on the hood and will not cause this issue. This "bowing" is a common problem with that style hood lift and only gets worse when you have a Fiberglass hood.
Dude,

I work in the industry, in the manufacturing engineering field.
I've got 3D scans of several models, from several car makers.
The same way front doors and rear doors need preset due to weight (body in white doors have kickup) hoods and tail gates that have struts are preset to compensate for the move.

If the car was designed without struts, striker/latch and hinge configuration are not designed/set for a strut setup.

A 1-1.5mm change pre/post install is normal.
Trust me :)

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The drilling for Redline is just the battery cover. I also cut mine from the drilled hole to the edge so it comes off without removing the strut.:thumbsup:
This is what I did also. I am going to take it back off tomorrow and trim it some more so it comes off much easier.

Also...drilling the battery cover is not that bad....

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
This is discussed elsewhere on the forum. I have the same issue with the gap. Wished I would have went Redline also. Did you notice MRT now has changed their design? They did this several months back. When I contact their customer support for the gap issue. They blow me off for weeks.
Now they look Looks a copy of Redline as well.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40870

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Yea I think I got the new design and still have this issue, sucks to pay for something that not worth it, I would rather keep the rod then having my hood stick out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clean92lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

Glad I stumbled on this thread. So just to be certain, your hood struts do not cause any gap issues with the hood/fender lines? I'm very anal about these kinda things and don't want to end up like the car in the OP

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Glad I stumbled on this thread. So just to be certain, your hood struts do not cause any gap issues with the hood/fender lines? I'm very anal about these kinda things and don't want to end up like the car in the OP
That is correct! :thumbsup:

Be sure to use the coupon code "mustang6g" for free shipping when you order.:headbang:

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Go Redline, don't look back...
Sponsored