Sponsored

Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

BurntCheezit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Millennial here, almost all our family had manuals as well as most of my friends but my siblings (generation Z) I've lost all hope lol.

I've wanted to do your mod just because I think the stock look is tacky.

And in before "why didn't you get a manual" crowd comments after doing 2 years of manual in 1hr twice a day traffic my body was starting to complain.
Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Millennial here, almost all our family had manuals as well as most of my friends but my siblings (generation Z) I've lost all hope lol.

I've wanted to do your mod just because I think the stock look is tacky.

And in before "why didn't you get a manual" crowd comments after doing 2 years of manual in 1hr twice a day traffic my body was starting to complain.
everyone always complains about that with stickā€¦.iā€™m 34 and have been driving stick since i learned on my moms 98 pathfinder when i was 16. iā€™ve commuted and sat in traffic numerous times and never once thought, man i wish i had an auto. then again my entire family drives stick. my dad is 72 and just bought a tacoma 6speed bc he said f having an auto šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Yeah, but then you loose 1/4 mile races.

...and I trade my cars in alot so I need the resale value.
to be fair, i didnā€™t buy my stang to be racing in though. iā€™d give up that slight difference in quarter mile for having fun with the 6spd any day lol and i donā€™t trade in or anything really anyway. so we both have completely opposite needs there lol either way you did a clean install so props for that! i like the white ball knob. had one on my 2014. even took it off and kept it when i traded it in for this stang (my first ever trade lol) and i tried putting it on my tacoma but i need a spacer lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Trying to sell a manual on the used market is incredibly hard. The vast majority want auto.
Pretty sure that's not true, manual take rate on the GT is over 50%, and that's brand new. Turns out a lot of people want to row their own on these. Ecoboost is probably a different story.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interestingly, I think it depends on the particular brand. Used C7 Corvettes with the stick are not sitting around.

Trying to sell a manual on the used market is incredibly hard. The vast majority want auto.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Looks very nice. I like it.

I have effectively made my car theft proof as far as millennials are concerned. By changing the shift knob and bezel I have now made my auto a "faux-stick." Now at first glance my car will appear to be a stick shift and therefore undriveable by anyone under 35.

fakestick.jpg

shifter.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Millennial crowd I am hanging out with can drive stick very well. Boomers - not so much, instead they're real good about whining about how things are bad because of millennials...

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Pretty sure that's not true, manual take rate on the GT is over 50%, and that's brand new. Turns out a lot of people want to row their own on these. Ecoboost is probably a different story.
Weā€™ll, youā€™re wrong. Sorry to be the one to tell you. Do you think manufacturers are stopping making manuals because they sell so well? They are tired of making too much money?

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Boomers - not so much, instead they're real good about whining about how things are bad because of millennials...
Kind shocking how a generation who had it so easy in affordable college and housing managed to fuck so much up.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Weā€™ll, youā€™re wrong. Sorry to be the one to tell you. Do you think manufacturers are stopping making manuals because they sell so well? They are tired of making too much money?
I'm not, nice try though. Obviously the majority of people aren't interested in manuals in normal conmuter vehicles. But these aren't normal vehicles. They're for the purposes of fun. That's why they haven't dropped the manual yet, plenty of people are buying them.

https://www.motortrend.com/features...smission/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Should watch Gen Z drive a stick. Tide pod in one hand, figuring out what gear it's in while grinding the transmission with the other.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I must know the wrong mellinenial crowd. Of the ones closest to me a good 80% can drive a manual vehicle. Most don't choose to but then, besides my Harley, neither do I.
Yeah lol. Every male millennial I know can drive stick and prefer it unless they live in a city. A few of the females can too, but they are more likely to hate it in personal experience.

Last edited:

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Good job to the OP for making an aesthetically pleasing A10 shifter setup! Nice job! I might copy that setup for my built 6R80 Super Snake.

But this dumb-as-f*ck (even if it's "friendly") banter on manual vs auto is old. Reminds me of the "back in my day we used Iron Sights" Veterans that have an aneurysm over the concept of a red dot sight. Sorry we're more lethal than you gramps...enjoy your VFW fish fry.
Sponsored