Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
double and tripple check the result from all angles and lighting.
Also rent/borrow/purchase a tool to get the paint thickness if need for sanding down and respray so it is not a half ass job
Any good body shop will have proper quality control. It'll go back together / look better than when it left the assembly line.

Go with a high end bodyshop that mostly fixes high end cars and you'll get the outcome you want. I'd stay away from anyone your insurance company recommends.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just like the lines on the car. Badges or no badges, it’s the base design of car I like.

I can’t say that about the camaro. I like the super high trims on camaro but anything below that bleh. Ugly.

On mustang I like every trim really. they just get nicer/sportier each tier

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a boosty. But I just got to Costco and it is rainy but to reiterate my comment, I love the lines of our car with minimum badging and vinyl. It’s a beautiful shape

my car actually had ghost stripes when I got it and on side panels I asked and had vinyls removed at dealership free of charge.

81CE081B-FE8F-46F7-A9DE-CE9E0E3086B8.jpeg

3682B3FD-93A2-4A6B-9743-296BF479F765.jpeg

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup, stripes are for 3LT Corvette owners. Along with fender hash decals ........... :facepalm:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, stripes are for 3LT Corvette owners. Along with fender hash decals ........... :facepalm:
One car that I’d have to get stripes on, though. I was a kid when twisted metals came out, always wanted a blue Dodge Viper with white stripes. That would be a non starter without them lol.

Excalibur1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350. '15 GT PP.
Hey Mike, sorry you've got cracked paint. Dent Wizard PDR "Paintless Dent Removal" technicians are so good these days the car would be better than new. The tech fix's factory flaws as well as the hail dents. Because the OC is so high from Dent Wizard, they will call him or her out on anything that doesn't look like glass finish. And as far as headliner rattles they are warranted for life of car not the owners. And no HOLES drilled for access like so many one man show dent guys small body shop's hire. I would put all stripes back on mine, and on top of that, I going to have my vinyl guy continue the hood stripe over the roof and deck all the way down to the diffuser. Mate w/orange boarder. Narrowing it as needed for symmetrical look..
Also, got my M1 HP. Saturday. A10 is so bad with slam and bang shifts I almost gave the car back this morning. After test drive and mastertech consultation, I am not convinced tranny is going to get better with use. But I going to give it a shot.. Plenty of case's out there about GT's and F150's with slam and bang issues. Most always around 2nd to 3rd gear and 3rd to 2nd.
Should have gone with manual. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, kept my GTPP AND my 350!
Again sorry you got caught in the hail storm..

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Getting a whole new hood I was told today. Going to have a clear bra installed while it's in the shop.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not when you're Hunting races. It's the perfect decoy. :)
Not as good as the magnetic Pool Service signs on my Syclone ;)

Never did but came close

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Insurance will cover everything minus deductible. If it were me and I was on the fence I’d tell the body shop not to apply the vinyl and bank that extra money should you change your mind down the road.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My hail damage was 4500. Ridiculous. I paid 500. I didn’t get a new hood but I got new quarter glasses both sides, 600 a pop because my chrome trim had pelts from hail.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
lol ....... That's what I'm torn over. If there'd have been a stripe delete, I'd have opted for it. No crazy over the fender emblems either.
Mickey, you could go ahead and take care of the hail damage and PPF the car and use the PPF material as your stripes. There is a YouTube video by SHMEE who did his GT 500 like that. I am not big on vinyl stripes on the car because of the wear and paint damage, but I would do it the way SHMEE did it.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Mickey, you could go ahead and take care of the hail damage and PPF the car and use the PPF material as your stripes. There is a YouTube video by SHMEE who did his GT 500 like that. I am not big on vinyl stripes on the car because of the wear and paint damage, but I would do it the way SHMEE did it.

I believe the car was repaired and sold. He posted in a different thread. Here it is
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/has-anyone-ordered-a-mach-1-yet.149450/page-82#post-3301662

Last edited:

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed