sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It's not Mach 1 without the badges and decals :sunglasses:

But if that different look appeals to you then why not, it'll look mighty fine too.
Hello; I figure you do not think the only distinction of a Mach 1 from other Mustangs are the decals.
The decals let every one else know for sure but the running gear will still be Mach 1.
Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I would leave the lines off. That's the one thing that I dislike about the mach are the rocker / hood decals. They take away from the overall look of the car vs add to it imo.

I'd even remove the side fender mach 1 logos for some black 5.0 emblems.

Make it clean! But it's your car so ultimately it's your choice.

People that know cars will know it's a mach by the front grille alone, if your worried about debadging it too much. if they don't then they dont really care what it is, it's just a mustang to them .
Ain’t no one is going know it’s a Mach1 by the front grille unless they follow Mustangs. The average person will think it’s a GT if you remove everything and put 5.0 badges on it. I’m all for keeping a iconic vehicle like the Mach1 stock. Just like I wouldn’t buy a bullet and debadge it. Just my opinion though.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ain’t no one is going know it’s a Mach1 by the front grille unless they follow Mustangs. The average person will think it’s a GT if you remove everything and put 5.0 badges on it. I’m all for keeping a iconic vehicle like the Mach1 stock. Just like I wouldn’t buy a bullet and debadge it. Just my opinion though.
Hello; There is a fair chance the only folks interested will be those already following mustangs.
To each his/her own. I was put off decades ago when car mfg's started putting decals on plain jane cars which proclaimed them to be "sporty". I also like "sleeper" sorts of cars. Of course Mustangs are hard to be sleepers.
In the end it does not much matter to me as long as I like the look.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I figure you do not think the only distinction of a Mach 1 from other Mustangs are the decals.
The decals let every one else know for sure but the running gear will still be Mach 1.
Of course, the badges and decals are only the cherry on the top. But important one imo, it ties to its heritage, see this old Mach 1 for example. Plus the badges in this font are really awesome looking. Without them, it'd be GT with some special hardware, not unlike custom modifications that many make to suspension etc. But I see how debadging can appeal to people, it's their choice and that's absolutely fine :thumbsup:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

"People that know cars will know it's a mach by the front grille alone, if your worried about debadging it too much. if they don't then they dont really care what it is, it's just a mustang to them."
Hence my last paragraph.

Anyone you would expect / want to know will know...anyone that doesn't gives zero fucks what it is and all the badging in the world won't do anything for that.

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I had a Toyota get slammed in a hail storm damaging every panel on the car. It had dime sized craters especially on the roof and hood. (No Stripes). Took them about two weeks to repair where they pulled every inside panel off and they used dent less process. It was silver and in the end very hard to tell it had been damaged so badly. The real issues started the day I picked it up as every panel rattled or squeaked . It was taken back several times to fix and they never eliminated most of them. I traded it in after this. Wish you the best and hope you have better luck.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Hello; There is a fair chance the only folks interested will be those already following mustangs.
To each his/her own. I was put off decades ago when car mfg's started putting decals on plain jane cars which proclaimed them to be "sporty". I also like "sleeper" sorts of cars. Of course Mustangs are hard to be sleepers.
In the end it does not much matter to me as long as I like the look.
That's kind of where I'm at. The fewer badges and decals the better. Infact, I'm going to take my Ford Performance plain black trunk panel up to them tomorrow. Wonder how the screaming chicken hood decal from a Firebird would look ? 🤣 .............. :facepalm:

Bandit 1.jpg

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I think it would be cool to have a stealth, unmarked Mach 1. Who cares what other people think? You'd also probably be one of the only ones.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would be cool to have a stealth, unmarked Mach 1. Who cares what other people think? You'd also probably be one of the only ones.
Agreed.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
There should be a no cost sticker delete option. Or a deduct. Like the stripes on my SRT. I have no need for a spoiler either.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if I got a Mach 1 I would of wanted vinyl delete myself. I would really consider it if it’s on your mind.
Maybe the insurance will kick $ back to you instead of towards the graphics

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
if I got a Mach 1 I would of wanted vinyl delete myself. I would really consider it if it’s on your mind.
Maybe the insurance will kick $ back to you instead of towards the graphics

Well Geico did for us. I did not have the body shop install the bumper protector film as we were going to get the rear bumper PPF. The body shop credit me the install labor in case I want to do it later I could pay for it. Got $120 back and the bumper edge film protector.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well Geico did for us. I did not have the body shop install the bumper protector film as we were going to get the rear bumper PPF. The body shop credit me the install labor in case I want to do it later I could pay for it. Got $120 back and the bumper edge film protector.
part of me wonders, can the body shop make the vinyl perfect on the car, in exact positioning, perfectly straight, with no bubbles, or anything, vs what came from factory? I assume its damn near perfect from factory, those guys do it all day long

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
part of me wonders, can the body shop make the vinyl perfect on the car, in exact positioning, perfectly straight, with no bubbles, or anything, vs what came from factory? I assume its damn near perfect from factory, those guys do it all day long
well I wasn’t impressed with the dealer installed bumper protector film that we had installed. On top of that my wife drags everything out of her trunk. The bumper film did not cover the edge or the front of the bumper so PPF was the next option. Getting that installed next weekend. Those vinyl films are expensive, even shops that specifically on that make mistakes so my faith is not with the body shop. I would also leave them off and asked to get the vinyl and the monies for getting them installed
Sponsored