Major Hail Damage

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I was caught in one of our infamous TX hail storms the other night. The paint is cracked in many places. As such, it means a total paint job, along with reapplication of the striping and fender badges. The question in my mind is do I have the body shop leave the striping and fender badges off the car after all the hail damage is repaired ? Opinions ?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I like the vinyl stuff, but I also like plain cars. if I had a gt350, id get it without stripes, just because I like the straight solid color and the lines of the cars. you'd be a one off. and would be a cheaper repair, but if insurance is doing it, I guess wouldn't matter.

but. what if you decide you want it one day?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
lol ....... That's what I'm torn over. If there'd have been a stripe delete, I'd have opted for it. No crazy over the fender emblems either.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And, I still have the plain rear center piece from Ford Performance in my closet. :handsinair: :clap:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
myself. if I had the opportunity to repair the car under insurance, id make it mine. if you intend to keep it, (id delete the stuff) I saw a photo.

I hate the builder, when I first saw this few months ago, I thought it was grabber blue on my MacBook. maybe you can photoshop the front end onto the blue one on left.
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.26.03 PM.png

maybe someone can photo shop the vinyls and stripes gone off this photo. pick a color and do it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.27.15 PM.png

I think you are this, so here you go. maybe someone can photoshop these without graphics for you
1619832520345.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.29.22 PM.png

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was caught in one of our infamous TX hail storms the other night. The paint is cracked in many places. As such, it means a total paint job, along with reapplication of the striping and fender badges. The question in my mind is do I have the body shop leave the striping and fender badges off the car after all the hail damage is repaired ? Opinions ?
Wow, sorry to hear. You JUST got the car -_-

If I had a Mach 1 myself, I'd be partial to the black (I know, predictable) but what I also would have done is take the decals off right away before PPFing it.
My personal aesthetic has always biased toward a more muted/sublte look, and to have all the Mach 1 benefits, but none of the negatives of the flashiness of the stripe pkg is a plus for me - personally.

I know for many, the decals/stripe graphics pkg make the car, and may seem naked without it, but there is always something to be said about taking a slightly different path right?

Interesting choice to make.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What a bummer. Really sorry buddy. In my humble opinion, I'd get it with the strips just as you had when it was delivered.

Take Care.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wait

just thought of this. They gotta pull the vinyl off to paint car or do the sanding, ask if you can come see it when the vinyl is removed first.

Tell them your thoughts and would be awesome if you could see it in that stage before sanding down.

you’d know then what you want. You’ll either love it or not and then make the decision after seeing it first hand

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
100% covered by insurance. As I plan on keeping it for some time, I may leave the stripes off after it's repainted. Paintless dent repair is not an option, the damage is that bad. A lot of vehicles and homes had major damage in the area. Really wish my ex wife would stay off her damn broom after drinking .................. :rockon:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
...ask if you can come see it when the vinyl is removed first.
This is a great idea. See it "naked" so to speak, and you can decide if you want to keep it that way or go back to the vinyl setup.

Personally, I feel it's a special car with special look. I'd probably keep the vinyl for a while. My daily driver is an F150 Lariat special edition with the massive vinyl stripes on the hood and sides. I go back and forth on removing them and then I remember I paid extra for that 😅

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Wow, sorry to hear. You JUST got the car -_-

If I had a Mach 1 myself, I'd be partial to the black (I know, predictable) but what I also would have done is take the decals off right away before PPFing it.
My personal aesthetic has always biased toward a more muted/sublte look, and to have all the Mach 1 benefits, but none of the negatives of the flashiness of the stripe pkg is a plus for me - personally.

I know for many, the decals/stripe graphics pkg make the car, and may seem naked without it, but there is always something to be said about taking a slightly different path right?

Interesting choice to make.
Truthfully, were it not for depreciation, I'd order a new one.Black with the HP, A10 and call it a day. I can live without painted calipers and the bling of the appearance pkg.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
lol ....... That's what I'm torn over. If there'd have been a stripe delete, I'd have opted for it. No crazy over the fender emblems either.
Then I think you know .....................easier added if the mind changes again .

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My thought as the ins is paying for it is to get the stripes and sand bag them. I can always have them applied later.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is a great idea. See it "naked" so to speak, and you can decide if you want to keep it that way or go back to the vinyl setup.

Personally, I feel it's a special car with special look. I'd probably keep the vinyl for a while. My daily driver is an F150 Lariat special edition with the massive vinyl stripes on the hood and sides. I go back and forth on removing them and then I remember I paid extra for that 😅
Insurance is still responsible for the cost of the graphics. If he leaves them off, he can squirrel them away and put them on later if he changes his mind or the car is worth more with them when sold. Or if they are a restricted purchase item, might get a good price for them.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Insurance is still responsible for the cost of the graphics. If he leaves them off, he can squirrel them away and put them on later if he changes his mind or the car is worth more with them when sold. Or if they are a restricted purchase item, might get a good price for them.
Also a great option, get them and set 'em aside
Sponsored