Sponsored

Magneride

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
That's the need for the Steeda suspension stuff. Damping is great, but without the Steeda stuff the car wiggles around.

The magic is how the Magneride balances impact absorption and control.

It does stuff that you don't realize when it's happening. Damn suspension saved my life one day when some fucktard decided his van was going to occupy the same space as my car at 50 MPH.
All i needed was the BMR bushing and cradle lockout. Cheap mods to fix the wiggle. Those along with magnaride make for a good ride.
Sponsored

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I've got a 2019 PP2, and magnaride is great. Its obvious how Sport+ works vs normal, especially in bumpy areas as well as tightening up the car. Anyone that claims it doesn't work is either an idiot or never owned it.

You gotta watch out for a few people on this forum that love to spout BS constantly in threads. I thought this would be different from a Honda forum I came from due to the nature of this car, but it ain't... Same car trolls everywhere.
Agree. I had a 2015 premium S550 so I have a comparison to go by. Had to change springs/shocks/struts and do other BMR/Steeda mods to try and get a good ride. That thing was bouncy as heck and had a ton of body lean in corners before any mods. My 2020 PP2 with magnaride is almost perfect. Added a cradle lockout and bushings, really like the ride in both normal and sport +.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Inner fender, near the airbox.

I've never unplugged mine but if its what I think it is, its just looks like a terminating plug in the end of a wiring loom tail.

Not my photo :

1628251003543.png

WD :like:
That's the one.

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
we should get together and you can drive my car and compare/contrast.
That is a very kind offer. I am game to do a compare and contrast.

What is your setup?

Currently my car is stock aside from camber plates set at negative two degrees. I do hope to have some new lightweight wheels and 100 or 200TW tires mounted soon, but that should be it for the immediate future.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
perhaps. I drove @NoVaGT 's car 2 Sundays back and was reminded why I passed. Even in track mode the chassis was entirely too 'wiggly' and 'loose'. Needs hella more rebound damping to settle it down.
I can attest to this. I had a base 18 PP1 without Mag ride (but lowered 1 inch on progressives), and my new 20 PP1 with mag ride just feels a lot more wiggly and loose in any mode. I need to lower it obviously to compare objectively, but what else would you suggest to make a Mag ride PP1 car lose some of the slop?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but what else would you suggest to make a Mag ride PP1 car lose some of the slop?
the IRS lock-outs and bracing appears to help significantly. I haven't driven Nova's car since the mods on Fri but hope that can be rectified shortly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the IRS lock-outs and bracing appears to help significantly. I haven't driven Nova's car since the mods on Fri but hope that can be rectified shortly.
much against his better judgement, (and blood pressure?) he let me take his car out for a couple laps on my test loop. I gotta back him up on his earlier observations. The shimmy and shake are gone and even in Normal mode the chassis is reasonably well controlled. It could stand to have a little more rebound but it was livable. In Track setting the chassis settling was perceptible and the improvement over Normal was welcome. Still not enough recovery damping but the experience was worth it. Layer on the PP2 tuning or hopefully the M1 maps are even better (or DSC + TeeLew) and I could totally get behind MR the next go-around. I would definitely NOT raise the spring rates on the PP1's MR config since it already can't handle factory rates.

In summary, fix the GD disaster that is the factory IRS if you want your car to have any hope at all.

Last edited:

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe the performance pack option is now $6500 USD (plus they switched to those crappy Pirelli's) , seriously?!). For that cost it should include the MR. The PP comes with the exact same parts and wheels as it did in 2015 when it cost $2500. 🤔

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Well, we have two data points right now between my Eco & kz's GT. It seems as if the baseline map is a good bit better than the Ford "Track" setting on track. There will always be gains found from fine tuning, but this will be car/driver/application specific.
The GT350’s track weekend was a big success, due in part to the DSC controller I got to audition. It’s always hard to tell how much more performance there is to be had from a platform, but we picked up about 1.5-3 seconds/lap. With more time behind the wheel, I know there’s more to be had.

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I take it there have been no changes to the 2021 GT oem MagneRide settings? It's essentially been unchanged since 2018?

Sponsored

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
I can't believe the performance pack option is now $6500 USD (plus they switched to those crappy Pirelli's) , seriously?!). For that cost it should include the MR. The PP comes with the exact same parts and wheels as it did in 2015 when it cost $2500. 🤔
Yes, my PP1 was $6500. Just another way for Ford to make a bit extra.

Not to segway. But, I've seen a few comments like this, "Plus they switched to those crappy Pirelli's". Curious, what is wrong with them exactly? Thanks

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not to segway. But, I've seen a few comments like this, "Plus they switched to those crappy Pirelli's". Curious, what is wrong with them exactly? Thanks
Wet driving performance and characteristics put the P Zero Nero All-Season tire in last place in Tire Rack's testing against three other tires (Bridgestone's Potenza RE970AS, Contiental's ExtremeContact DWS, and Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season). In every wet category it landed in last place. The wet spider charts show how poorly the Pirelli is suited to wet driving relative to its tested competition.

Lower mid-pack at best as a UHP All-Season tire. Billed above what its wet performance can support IMO.

Norm

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Wet driving performance and characteristics put the P Zero Nero All-Season tire in last place in Tire Rack's testing against three other tires (Bridgestone's Potenza RE970AS, Contiental's ExtremeContact DWS, and Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season). In every wet category it landed in last place. The wet spider charts show how poorly the Pirelli is suited to wet driving relative to its tested competition.

Lower mid-pack at best as a UHP All-Season tire. Billed above what its wet performance can support IMO.

Norm
Norm - they're not talking about P-Zero Nero. New PP1 cars have switched from PS4S to P-Zeros (both summer). Not sure what P Zeros get installed on those cars right now (old ones on 15-17 had pretty bad reputation) but in this test P Zero (PZ4) looked pretty good to me.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/test...rhg1HUKllPe1tsRVkU0VXV4RAOvHKddZMs19RsGCV3e20

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

Norm
PP1 package comes with pzero summer tires (not nero). At least mine did. I actually found them to be quite decent as far as how they hook on acceleration and other characteristics while it's warm. They fell apart on the track despite me not driving anywhere close to real limit, but to be fair nobody is using them for racing.

My set lasted for 5k miles, so not impressed here at all. I can probably get couple more light track sessions out of them before throwing away. They may get pretty scary in temps around 50F, until warmed up well. Also completely useless for FI.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm - they're not talking about P-Zero Nero. New PP1 cars have switched from PS4S to P-Zeros (both summer). Not sure what P Zeros get installed on those cars right now (old ones on 15-17 had pretty bad reputation) but in this test P Zero (PZ4) looked pretty good to me.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/test...rhg1HUKllPe1tsRVkU0VXV4RAOvHKddZMs19RsGCV3e20
I was basing my comment on circatee's car not being a PP1 car, and Tire Rack lists the Nero version as the OE fitment for two of the three tire size options.

The Nero's wet performance may or may not be reflected in the non-Neros, but it certainly goes to the widespread dissatisfaction with Pirellis in general. Probably a bit unfair, but peoples' perceptions do tend to become their realities.

Norm
Sponsored