Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So, I read the article regarding Ford's production of any Mustangs with Sport Cup 2 tires because they can't get them up the train ramps safely. Since the HP Mach is included in that, then that's why those wont be available until spring. Where does that leave the Mach 1's without HP, will they arrive the same time as any 2021's? When do they start shipping 2021's?
Thanks
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, the '21MY builds start on the 4th Jan and I suspect it'll be dealer stock builds first.

On Ford's press release for the Mach 1 it stated:

The all-new and limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 will arrive in U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships in the spring of 2021

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s weird that we keep seeing pictures online of people with nonHP Mach’s in different colors around the country parked in malls and such
I think we may get them sooner than Spring

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking standard non-HP cars will start being delivered sometime in the late February-early March timeframe, but that’s just a guess

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It’s weird that we keep seeing pictures online of people with nonHP Mach’s in different colors around the country parked in malls and such
I think we may get them sooner than Spring
Those are all pre-production cars being driven by development engineers (they're all M-plate cars and will (sniff) be crushed). Its possible we may still see the full production cars before Spring, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Those are all pre-production cars being driven by development engineers (they're all M-plate cars and will (sniff) be crushed). Its possible we may still see the full production cars before Spring, but I'm not holding my breath.
Ohh, ok
What a shame to destroy a perfectly good car! Not sure I understand the concept.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ohh, ok
What a shame to destroy a perfectly good car! Not sure I understand the concept.
They are not federally certified for public roads and can never be sold, etc. So when they are done testing, they can't be driven anymore.

To get the tax credit for R&D, the car must be CRUSH whole!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I remember guys who wouldn't move from a QuadraJet to a Holley...........

EDIT: I was one of them, QJet was (and is) a remarkable piece of engineering.....
And, Ford actually admitted defeat, if you will and put the quadrajet on tht 1970-71 429 Cobrajets. I bougth one 40+ years ago and I was agast! But those small primaries gave the low end torque and those massive secondaries gave the flow those giant valves and intake ports needed at higher RPMs.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
so i went to my dealership yesterday for an oil change and while i was there i asked my long time salesman to spec a Mach 1 for me.
twister orange
handling package
red calipers

priced it at $60,000 even.

now i know i got a bunch of stupid comments last time i said something like what im going to say but to me $60K is a lot for this car (or any car) and just dont see the worth in it. its hard for me to lay down that much coin, and i asked about trade with my 15 and i wasnt too happy with their numbers on the trade....still it would be a ton of money even with trade....
getting back to the stupid comments... please dont say "well if you cant afford $60k then this isnt the car for you" because that isnt a reflection of my thoughts....more of i want to get the best value for my $$ that i put down...maybe some people dont care but i do. unfortunate.
i really like these cars but just cant justify the prices (of any cars) nowadays....
there is always the waiting game when used cars start to hit the lots too, but i will have to see where we are in the world before that happens....
happy for those of you who will get one and i probably will be drooling at them once i see them in the flesh. and if anyone asks, no i am not interested in selling/trading the boss that i have.
i might just look into another boss since i can get one about 1/2 the price of the Mach now....
and like some of you disappointed in the fact that they are limiting the color options....
this is 2021.....technology allows you to practically choose any color you want at the touch of a button!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
so i went to my dealership yesterday for an oil change and while i was there i asked my long time salesman to spec a Mach 1 for me.
twister orange
handling package
red calipers

priced it at $60,000 even.

now i know i got a bunch of stupid comments last time i said something like what im going to say but to me $60K is a lot for this car (or any car) and just dont see the worth in it. its hard for me to lay down that much coin, and i asked about trade with my 15 and i wasnt too happy with their numbers on the trade....still it would be a ton of money even with trade....
getting back to the stupid comments... please dont say "well if you cant afford $60k then this isnt the car for you" because that isnt a reflection of my thoughts....more of i want to get the best value for my $$ that i put down...maybe some people dont care but i do. unfortunate.
i really like these cars but just cant justify the prices (of any cars) nowadays....
there is always the waiting game when used cars start to hit the lots too, but i will have to see where we are in the world before that happens....
happy for those of you who will get one and i probably will be drooling at them once i see them in the flesh. and if anyone asks, no i am not interested in selling/trading the boss that i have.
i might just look into another boss since i can get one about 1/2 the price of the Mach now....
and like some of you disappointed in the fact that they are limiting the color options....
this is 2021.....technology allows you to practically choose any color you want at the touch of a button!
Agreed.

Personally, I don't see it being worth the better part of $40K over what I have. Although I have my heart set on a GT500, the same value thing applies and I'm pondering finding a '13 Boss and/or another '60s car instead more and more all the time.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes this has been my problem with the Mach 1 from day 1. GT350 light in terms of performance, but for too close to GT350 money. Makes a Camaro SS 1LE look like a screaming deal even before you factor in the likely discounts.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yes this has been my problem with the Mach 1 from day 1. GT350 light in terms of performance, but for too close to GT350 money. Makes a Camaro SS 1LE look like a screaming deal even before you factor in the likely discounts.
just got a 2ss 1le for ~45k.

1ss 1le can be had for 42k or less.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
just got a 2ss 1le for ~45k.

1ss 1le can be had for 42k or less.
I think we are still confusing with want from need. No one needs a $60k Mustang. No one needs a $40K Mustang. No one needs a GT350 or 2SS 1LE. Justification works really well when discussing needs but has zero justification for wants. If you want something, really want it, then you do not need to justify the cost. You can always get something cheaper, better, different but again what does it matter?

The Camaro, with all of its faults is a hell of a value for $45k and a damn decent car. But to someone who doesn't have $45k or someone who wants a Mach 1 it doesn't matter. So as it has been said numerous times buy what you can afford and if you can buy what flutters your heart.

SINBUSTER007, you cannot justify the cost of a Mach 1. What's wrong with that? You are doing you. Screw the "stupid" comments. Just MHO!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think we are still confusing with want from need. No one needs a $60k Mustang. No one needs a $40K Mustang. No one needs a GT350 or 2SS 1LE. Justification works really well when discussing needs but has zero justification for wants. If you want something, really want it, then you do not need to justify the cost. You can always get something cheaper, better, different but again what does it matter?

The Camaro, with all of its faults is a hell of a value for $45k and a damn decent car. But to someone who doesn't have $45k or someone who wants a Mach 1 it doesn't matter. So as it has been said numerous times buy what you can afford and if you can buy what flutters your heart.

SINBUSTER007, you cannot justify the cost of a Mach 1. What's wrong with that? You are doing you. Screw the "stupid" comments. Just MHO!
sure, my pricing was just directed at him saying the value of the 1le.

i really wanted a mach 1 until i saw the price of it vs a 1le. Driving the 1le made my decision easier.
Sponsored