Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The way I read Sinbuster's post was that it's nearly as hard to justify car prices in general as it is to justify the Mach 1's in particular.
I agree Norm. I too believe it was a general comment but since this is a Mach 1 thread..........

"Justification" to me is more about the mfrs justifying their MSRPs than it is about any given individual's willingness to pay them (assuming that the ability to pay them at least exists). Isn't 'need' really just a non-negotiable 'want'?
As someone who worked in manufacturing for over 40 years, the word justification rarely comes up. Cost of materials, labor, merchandising, marketing, payroll etc. determine your net cost. Then you add the markup/profit to keep the business afloat. Now there are times a manufacturer will look at that last number and inflate it do to market demand but it is usually someone, like a dealer, in the pipeline that raises the price (ADM).

Wants and needs. Every person has their own definition of these words. I like your take on them. I find a lot of peoples needs are really disguised wants.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i guess you can say im "old school" and value the worth of something more than others...
i try and make what i purchase last as long as possible instead of throwing it away or trading it in after a few years for a "newer" model just because. i guess im not willing to let go of the 2 i have now for the "new" one. (actually i would only trade 1, the Boss will stay in my possession as long as possible) also anyone can "find" a way to afford anything.... if he/she wants it bad enough just depends on how far one will go (or do) to get that.....

yes the price thing was in "general" terms too but $60k for a mustang just seems like its not holding to what it was in the beginning, affordable for everyone....yes i know that is what the ecoboost is for but generally speaking anyone could buy a GT 20yrs ago at a reasonable price...
car prices have gone over the top in my opinion, im not willing to walk into a dealership and say oh i like that and ill take it! (like 90% of the population do now)

ill get off my soapbox now and let you guys get back to 'real' discussion.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
People who think cars these days are unreasonably priced have clearly never heard of a little thing called “inflation”

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Now there are times a manufacturer will look at that last number and inflate it do to market demand but it is usually someone, like a dealer, in the pipeline that raises the price (ADM).
Yeah, I probably should have included more than just the mfr proper.

Though I do have to wonder where the significant price increases for the PP1 GT Performance Package and other packages came from given that there probably wasn't much difference in content from one year to the next, and what Ford's internal explanation might have been.

Norm

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If you want a Mach 1 consider the 03/04. Cool looks, affordable, it will appreciate in value, functional shaker. Down on power compared to the newer generation of cars out there but still enjoyable. You will also own something that is unique. I drive my 2001 Bullitt and it still puts a smile on my face.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a Mach 1 consider the 03/04. Cool looks, affordable, it will appreciate in value, functional shaker. Down on power compared to the newer generation of cars out there but still enjoyable. You will also own something that is unique. I drive my 2001 Bullitt and it still puts a smile on my face.
And how is that different from the new Mach1?
It’s just as unique
I also ordered mine for msrp. My dealer contacted me and asked me if I’d like to be first in their list for the order when it became available.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
And how is that different from the new Mach1?
It’s just as unique
I also ordered mine for msrp. My dealer contacted me and asked me if I’d like to be first in their list for the order when it became available.
Same here and was also the first at my dealership to order

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You can't see out of it and you can't even put golf clubs in the trunk.
Yes, its a better track car than the GT but personally I need a balance between practical and sport
I am 6'4", and my view out of both cars is pretty similar with my head barely clearing the roof. Maybe you short guys can't see over the cowl/hood of the Camaro?
Who cares about Golf clubs?

Better track car is a primary consideration when I am buying the premium, track ready version of the car. And of course price is also a factor.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I am 6'4", and my view out of both cars is pretty similar with my head barely clearing the roof. Maybe you short guys can't see over the cowl/hood of the Camaro?

Better track car is a primary consideration when I am buying the premium, track ready version of the car. And of course price is also a factor.
I and many other people care about practicality of a trunk and a sports car with a back seat. That’s one great reason to buy a Mustang over a corvette,Supra, Porsche or other 2-seaters which are toys in my opinion.
I can’t tell you how great it is to be able to slide my full suspension 29’er into my trunk with only taking off the front wheel and be able to enjoy the hour plus cruise to the trail head. Rustic roads with lots of twisties and my bike in the back.
Priceless

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Long-gun cases can be similarly difficult to stow. Just sayin' . . .

Better track car is a primary consideration when I am buying the premium, track ready version of the car.
I get this.

Hell, even for a car that I don't ever plan on driving on track, better potential track performance still takes priority over luxury and feature content.

Norm

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I and many other people care about practicality of a trunk and a sports car with a back seat. That’s one great reason to buy a Mustang over a corvette,Supra, Porsche or other 2-seaters which are toys in my opinion.
I can’t tell you how great it is to be able to slide my full suspension 29’er into my trunk with only taking off the front wheel and be able to enjoy the hour plus cruise to the trail head. Rustic roads with lots of twisties and my bike in the back.
Priceless
So you can fit your bike in Mustang truck , folding down seats and take off front wheel? good to know :)

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So you can fit your bike in Mustang truck , folding down seats and take off front wheel? good to know :)
Yep, pretty easily actually, and that's with my JBL sub and riding gear.
I made sure of this before I bought the car back in 2015.
Bike rack on the Mustang was not an option for me, messes up my aero...lol

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Yep, pretty easily actually, and that's with my JBL sub and riding gear.
I made sure of this before I bought the car back in 2015.
Bike rack on the Mustang was not an option for me, messes up my aero...lol
Fantastic I wanted to drive mine to the trailheads as well this spring.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic I wanted to drive mine to the trailheads as well this spring.
use a towel the protect the bumper and plastic on rear of trunk from scratches.
You will get lots of people looking in disbelief when you pull the bike out.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
use a towel the protect the bumper and plastic on rear of trunk from scratches.
You will get lots of people looking in disbelief when you pull the bike out.
For sure that’s what I do in my current car definitely a must
Sponsored