Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’ve been trying to figure out...

does the Mach1 has adaptive cruise control? I’ve been looking the order guide and can’t find it.

I think it won’t be available.:frown::frown:
Yeah, we’ve looked at this already. It has been suggested that ACC will not work with the Mach 1 grill. That’s a shame on a $60k car.
Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Yeah, we’ve looked at this already. It has been suggested that ACC will not work with the Mach 1 grill. That’s a shame on a $60k car.
I agree, 60k car and can’t have ACC for road-trips? Oh well...

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I figured ACC came standard, but if it’s not even available, that’s a plus! Some tracks actually ban cars with ACC because they’re a hazard (see: BMW)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I figured ACC came standard, but if it’s not even available, that’s a plus! Some tracks actually ban cars with ACC because they’re a hazard (see: BMW)
Hmmm....Interesting. That could be a good reason for not including it.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Maybe that’s the reason the 500 doesn’t have it neither. But...all the nannies can be turned off and who uses CC in a track?

I just turned mine off today to see if I can live without it:cwl:. If not, I’ll go GT PP1 full loaded route, even though I like FJG and want the Mach1 to daily drive it until the day the car decides to die. (Hopefully 20+ yrs).

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Maybe that’s the reason the 500 doesn’t have it neither. But...all the nannies can be turned off and who uses CC in a track?

I just turned mine off today to see if I can live without it:cwl:. If not, I’ll go GT PP1 full loaded route, even though I like FJG and want the Mach1 to daily drive it until the day the car decides to die. (Hopefully 20+ yrs).
OK, so the choice is either a Mach 1 without ACC or a GTPP with ACC? Man I like my ACC but would give it up in a nanosecond for a Mach 1.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
OK, so the choice is either a Mach 1 without ACC or a GTPP with ACC? Man I like my ACC but would give it up in a nanosecond for a Mach 1.
Im a millennial man, gotta have all the tech stuff.:crackup:.

Yoke aside, it’s not a real deal breaker. It all will come down to the dealership, I know I can buy the PP1 with XPlan + discounts. If I can get a Mach1 in MSRP, then I’ll go that route. FJG Mach 1 or Antimatter Blue GTPP1, those are my two options.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know BMW’s nannies are always working, not just while using CC. Not sure if the Mustang is the same way with the active braking and lane keep assist, but I imagine they are

I think the most concern comes with the fact that, as humans, we sometimes forget to do things like turning off that one extra nanny before heading out on track. Hell, I know I’ve had times where I don’t realize I left TC on until I get out of the first tight corner on the track. But imagine you forget to do that with lane keep assist, and while giving a point-by on a narrow straight, the car senses the edge of the track when you move just a bit too close and steers you into the other driver... or, you’re following close behind someone else waiting for a point-by with someone just behind you doing the same thing, and the car senses you just a tad too close to the car in front and jabs the brakes... how will that person behind you react?

I guess the main takeaway is that things like TC can affect your lap time, whereas things like adaptive braking and lane-keep assist can actually be a danger to yourself AND other drivers

Not sure who you are responding too. I'm not Jake. Although I hear he is a really cool guy!
Wow, don’t hear that too often! Smart? Sure. Condescending? Absolutely. But COOL?? :ROFL:

Probably won’t happen, but keep your eye out I suppose :wink:

Really though, congrats on the purchase! I can totally understand someone getting a PP instead if they want an A10 and have no use for the handling package. At that point, you are essentially paying more for the name. But for the manual-diehard-trackgoers like myself, the Mach 1 is an excellent opportunity, and you’d have to be insane to willingly chose an MT82 equipped, insufficiently cooked GT over a Mach with how similar pricing really is

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I know BMW’s nannies are always working, not just while using CC. Not sure if the Mustang is the same way with the active braking and lane keep assist, but I imagine they are

I think the most concern comes with the fact that, as humans, we sometimes forget to do things like turning off that one extra nanny before heading out on track. Hell, I know I’ve had times where I don’t realize I left TC on until I get out of the first tight corner on the track. But imagine you forget to do that with lane keep assist, and while giving a point-by on a narrow straight, the car senses the edge of the track when you move just a bit too close and steers you into the other driver... or, you’re following close behind someone else waiting for a point-by with someone just behind you doing the same thing, and the car senses you just a tad too close to the car in front and jabs the brakes... how will that person behind you react?

I guess the main takeaway is that things like TC can affect your lap time, whereas things like adaptive braking and lane-keep assist can actually be a danger to yourself AND other drivers

Wow, don’t hear that too often! Smart? Sure. Condescending? Absolutely. But COOL?? :ROFL:

Probably won’t happen, but keep your eye out I suppose :wink:

Really though, congrats on the purchase! I can totally understand someone getting a PP instead if they want an A10 and have no use for the handling package. At that point, you are essentially paying more for the name. But for the manual-diehard-trackgoers like myself, the Mach 1 is an excellent opportunity, and you’d have to be insane to willingly chose an MT82 equipped, insufficiently cooked GT over a Mach with how similar pricing really is
I see your points, but the Mach 1 has lane keep assist also and copilot 360. I will argue than lane keeping assist is more dangerous in a course than ACC.

In the mustang (at least 2018+you can have ACC on and lane assist off. Also you can do it the other way, you can have lane assist on and ACC off.

The Lane assist is a button in the turn signal level. ACC you can turn it off in the dash,
Same with braking assist, blind spot, etc etc.

Thanks for the info, I’m not a track person, but really really really want the Mach 1 as a DD, long cruises and something different that can last for decades. I wanted the 500, but the gas tank is too small for that car.
Sponsored