Amp686

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amo
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 with handling package
Hi guys
I have 2022 mach with hp. Now has 1600 miles on it . After 700 miles I noticed whenever I press brakes car pulls on leftside . Sometimes on right side On any speed , I took it to 2 dealerships they told all things are good there is no any problem with parts . Did anyone notice this issue with their car? Or any thoughts on this .

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
If it switches sides and you have the HP(which makes it worse) it s just the tramling of the tires most likley.
You COULD have the alignment checked and tire pressure.
Free alignments with a new car/Ford.
Tell them it wanders too much and request alignment.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I can almost guarantee you this is happening because of the tires that car comes with. Those cup 2 tires tramline like a sob. Once they are worn out and you swap to some PS4S or another tire that is more for the road and not track tires you should not have an issue. Any small crack in the road I would hit in my car when i still had the cup 2's on it would suck me to either side and same thing with any worn roads the car just wanted to stay right in the otherwise invisible grooves in the roads from other cars traveling on them. I'd say this is normal because of the tires specifically.

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tramlining--the car follows imperfections in the road, as they grab the tires and pull you along them. Affects cars with wider, or stickier tires--they reveal slop in OEM suspension.

Chances are, your vehicle is 100% fine... according to Ford's standards. Only work around is to step out of OEM specifications, and getting aftermarket suspension parts for a stiffer ride, or add more toe-in to reduce tramlining.

Find more information here: What Causes Tramlining? | Tire Rack
-----
I have the same experiences quite often where I live. It was new, so I thought my suspension was broken. But the roads here are quite ravaged by 18-wheelers. Especially with 285's, and now with 305's, the car loves to tramline if I let go of the wheel.
I've wasted about $500 in alignments thinking it was always off, but no. It's just that cars like these love to tramline, because of grip from the tires exposing weaknesses (softness/"slop") in the suspension components.

You won't encounter this (rather, rarely ever will) in normal street cars because they have narrower & harder tires.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yep it must be the CUP2s. Mine pulled pretty heavy all over the place, if it was your brakes it would be consistent on one side. Save up for that PS4S car will drive so much better. I switched mine when it had 200 miles.

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Hi guys
I have 2022 mach with hp. Now has 1600 miles on it . After 700 miles I noticed whenever I press brakes car pulls on leftside . Sometimes on right side On any speed , I took it to 2 dealerships they told all things are good there is no any problem with parts . Did anyone notice this issue with their car? Or any thoughts on this .

Had the same thing on my Z06/Z07. Due to God-Awful Cup2 tires. Tramline like a mo-fo.
As suggested, new rubber will fix it or just deal as is.

OP
OP

Amp686

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amo
Vehicle(s)
If it switches sides and you have the HP(which makes it worse) it s just the tramling of the tires most likley.
You COULD have the alignment checked and tire pressure.
Free alignments with a new car/Ford.
Tell them it wanders too much and request alignment.

Checked alignment as well no signs .

OP
OP

Amp686

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amo
Vehicle(s)
I can almost guarantee you this is happening because of the tires that car comes with. Those cup 2 tires tramline like a sob. Once they are worn out and you swap to some PS4S or another tire that is more for the road and not track tires you should not have an issue. Any small crack in the road I would hit in my car when i still had the cup 2's on it would suck me to either side and same thing with any worn roads the car just wanted to stay right in the otherwise invisible grooves in the roads from other cars traveling on them. I'd say this is normal because of the tires specifically.
thank you for response

right now I have continental extreme contact dws06 plus
275/35/r19 front
285/35/r19 rear

OP
OP

Amp686

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amo
Vehicle(s)
Yep it must be the CUP2s. Mine pulled pretty heavy all over the place, if it was your brakes it would be consistent on one side. Save up for that PS4S car will drive so much better. I switched mine when it had 200 miles.

thank you for response

275/35/r19 front
285/35/r19 rear

Here in Colorado temperatures doesn’t suits to ps4s but yeah in summer i am gonna have those

OP
OP

Amp686

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amo
Vehicle(s)
Tramlining--the car follows imperfections in the road, as they grab the tires and pull you along them. Affects cars with wider, or stickier tires--they reveal slop in OEM suspension.

Chances are, your vehicle is 100% fine... according to Ford's standards. Only work around is to step out of OEM specifications, and getting aftermarket suspension parts for a stiffer ride, or add more toe-in to reduce tramlining.

Find more information here: What Causes Tramlining? | Tire Rack
-----
I have the same experiences quite often where I live. It was new, so I thought my suspension was broken. But the roads here are quite ravaged by 18-wheelers. Especially with 285's, and now with 305's, the car loves to tramline if I let go of the wheel.
I've wasted about $500 in alignments thinking it was always off, but no. It's just that cars like these love to tramline, because of grip from the tires exposing weaknesses (softness/"slop") in the suspension components.

You won't encounter this (rather, rarely ever will) in normal street cars because they have narrower & harder tires.

thank you this was very informative for me good to know that its normal.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
thank you for response

275/35/r19 front
285/35/r19 rear
If this is the case the next thing I would have checked as I saw mentioned previously is the alignment. If you've got rid of the cup 2's and aren't running another track tire I can't think of anything else that may be causing this issue especially being as it is going to either direction and not pulling to the same way when this concern is happening.

Woodie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It's tramlining. Mine does it all over the place on our shitty San Diego roads.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
thank you for response

275/35/r19 front
285/35/r19 rear
wow, only 275 s in front using DWS and still pulling. I have the OEM 255 s in front and was thinking 275-285 s square set up next.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
wow, only 275 s in front using DWS and still pulling. I have the OEM 255 s in front and was thinking 275-285 s square set up next.
From working on cars for a couple decades now, I have found that there some roads where it makes no difference what tires are on a car, will still do this. Deep indentations usually from heavy trucks can be the most problematic.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's not slop from Ford. It's normal. Some cars it never goes away, and is a result of the performance based nature of the car. You can change your alignment, and it will make a difference. At the cost of performance. Pick your poison.

Too many people want a factory race car to drive like a a regular Camry. Either you want performance, or you want comfort. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Sponsored