Sponsored

Issue with mach 1

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Having an intermittent issue on my 21 Mach 1. Active exhaust becomes disabled...screen on nav cycles and I get a warning to either cut the car off or turn it on to save battery...system says it is cutoff with one of those loading bars at the bottom. Then it resets and goes back to normal. Happened twice on a drive today...happened a while ago too. WTF. Ford just sucks...10k miles...I should trade this thing and be done with it. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Posted in tech too but I don't know how much that gets checked.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
if you can climb under the car and see if the wires are pinched or damaged. seems to be a common cause of active exhaust failures.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
There's no car without flaws. There's no model without warranty or post-warranty repairs. There's no manufacturer without recalls. It's in warranty, get it fixed the official way. It's not broken engine but pinched cable like few others had for sure, minor thing to fix, no reason to bitch at all :wink:

I know a thing or two about broken cars - burnt piston in Mini Cooper, general repair of 1.8 TSI in VW Passat, burnt mechatronics in Passat... Some cars deserve every dollar to get fixed even when they're old, which is not even this case.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My money is on a pinched or melted active exhaust wire.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Happened to mine after installing a x pipe. Ended up too close to the lip at the back. They get hot, expand, moves around. Saws through the wires. Mostly then pass side. Pooped it up with silicone. Took a dead blow and hammered the tail pipe into the x pipe further. Poof! No more problem!

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have done no modifications...sorry, but this is typical Ford..I know, my 2016 had the evap core issue that had to be fixed which was a total pain in the ass. One day I will learn. I have no way to look under the car to see if I can find a melted or bent wire but it sounds like I guess I need to pull the circuit breaker until they can fix it...and then hope the ghetto #$%^ doesn't happen again.

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Voting same issue. Here's my car at 1,200 miles, popped the fuse.

1648315699337.png
what fuse did it pop? I don't see one listed for active exhaust. Also, are these the wires that hang right near the mufflers behind the diffuser? Neither of them look melted or pinched.

Last edited:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Do you park the car outside or in a garage? Could be rodents eating your wiring harness.

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
inside garage...no rodents. I did notice one of those wires arches up to rest against a horizontal brace above the muffler...the other hangs more...wonder if the one that arches up could have been damaged over time from vibration

Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
what fuse did it pop? I don't see one listed for active exhaust. Also, are these the wires that hang right near the mufflers behind the diffuser? Neither of them look melted or pinched.
Fuse #34, "exhaust valves"
This is the connector that plugs into the exhaust valves behind the diffuser, very tight back there and really poorly positioned so they rub on a pinch weld in back. My solution.

1648323476026.png

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the connector that plugs into the exhaust valves behind the diffuser, very tight back there and really poorly positioned so they rub on a pinch weld in back. My solution.

1648323476026.png
What is this stuff?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

1648323476026.png
I wonder if the person who smears that seam sealer like that is proud of his/her work. SMDH

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They all look that way, just slapped on. Employees taking absolutely no pride in how things are done.
Sponsored