Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
you can. the connectors are dry-break so once pressurized, it'll hold indefinitely without the head unit attached.
the NPT fittings on mine seem rather out of spec (lots of thread still showing despite tight) but that may be just sloppy dimensioning. Each unit is fairly heavy and dropping it on your foot is highly discouraged.

The connectors can be ornery if pressurized - I managed to sprain/dislocate my wrist once. instead of trying to join them by pressing hands together left-right, I pull straight back into my belly.

Here is a tip for quick disconnects, once down, press and hold the down button 5 - 10, it will bleed the pressure off the system. Makes your life and belly much happier.

Understand this when the jacks a lowering, all that is happening, is a valve opens, PUMP is not running. The hyd fluid is pushed back into the tank. The 5/10 seconds will allow all the pressure to zero out, the quick disconnect will simply unsnap.
Sponsored

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Is it relatively easy to set-up? Also, how do you align each side of the unit to ensure you have it "squared" to each side of the car so it lifts at the same rate and doesn't tilt the car?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
once bled the system rises at equal rates. Precise fore-aft is not important. But you only have about 4" of latitude anyway. I raise cars on an a sloped and irregular asphault surface and it's fine. For max peace of mind I recommend a poured concrete pad or at least a uniform surface from left to right.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is it relatively easy to set-up? Also, how do you align each side of the unit to ensure you have it "squared" to each side of the car so it lifts at the same rate and doesn't tilt the car?
It's very easy to set up. Users manual is step-by-step. And you're over thinking it, LOL. Eyeball square is good enough; just use the side of the car as reference. The pump takes care of the rate; they'll both go up and down together.

Also, have any of you used them to keep your 350's elevated during long storage periods (winter, etc.)?

You don't want to do this anyways. I assume you're thinking prevent tires from flat spotting? Not a thing. But not good to let the suspension hang at full drop for long periods of time. Well, not something I'm gonna do. What's your logic? What are you thinking is the value added?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="galaxy,

You don't want to do this anyways. I assume you're thinking prevent tires from flat spotting? Not a thing. But not good to let the suspension hang at full drop for long periods of time. Well, not something I'm gonna do. What's your logic? What are you thinking is the value added?
[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that you're correct, deleted my post, so as to not mislead.

Sponsored

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
It was mostly to prevent flat spotting and to allow access underneath to clean during periods of non use.

I know it used to be popular to lift vehicles up when they are stored for a while. I’ve never actually done this.

PICASSO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Fighter Jet Grey
I have the 5000 slx which fits perfect and allows the lifting blocks to be located in a well balanced position. I lift my Audi A6 wagon it fits it just as well as it does the Mustang. I have even lifted my Nissan Titan 4x4 and it lifted it just fine as far as lifting power. but it only lifted it high enough to change to do a tire rotation due to height. I use to store mine centered under my lowered by 1" mustang gt with 285/35/19F. 305/30-19 R. However when I added a Steeda 4 point K brace it stuck down just enough that the car would lightly touch the Quick Jack. So I built a modular full length ramps. Anyway, here are some photos of the quick jack position on the floor when I parked directly over it. and with my drive up ramps. Also I put reflective tape on my jacks so that I can see them when backing into a dark garage.

20200104_153323.jpg

20201219_144551.jpg

20201231_135316.jpg
Where did you get the Blue Ramps???? Those are great!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the Blue Ramps???? Those are great!
I actually did build them. DM me and I can give you the sketch on how I did it. This one was made to give the car a 4.5" lift. I

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I picked up a pair of Quick Jacks off Craig's List at the beginning of February for $900. I didn't even try to bargain the guy down. If you do your work yourself, it's a game-changer. That whole initial aggro of getting the car safely in the air is gone. It's the best.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ready
IMG_0882.jpeg

Set
IMG_0883.jpeg

Bring in the Mustang

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ready
IMG_0882.jpeg

Bring in the Mustang
neat mod to the shop stool. And way too much Kingsford. Use Basques Sugar Maple (ace hardware) for excellent heat and aroma and rapid lighting.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I use pucks that stradle the pinch weld on top of the rubber blocks that come with the quick jack. Made a mark on the side of each jack at front and rear to locate the jacking spots consistently.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ready
IMG_0882.jpeg

Set
IMG_0883.jpeg

Bring in the Mustang
FWIW, since nobody will walk there in my garage when no vehicle is present, I just leave the QJ lifts centered on the floor all the time and park over them. To use, move vehicle enough to connect the hoses, position the vehicle back, then grab and slide them out to desire location to lift. Not like I won't be on the ground anyway after lifting the vehicle.
Sponsored