lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Mine arrived yesterday and after some assembly and bleeding I lifted the car with zero issues. The 7000 set-up has an inch less room than the 5000 and it is heavier. But, it is also for my F-150 and my wife's SUV as well.

I vote yes, a bit more work to use and light years safer than jack stands. Give them a call, they will beat any advertised price and include free shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sarge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP1
This post is nearly a year old, but I ordered a 7000TLX last night. Wasn't even paying attention to the differences in length, was just trying to get one that would lift everything I have.

I believe I know the answer after reading the comments, but I am going to ask just to be sure.

It will fit under a 2015 Mustang GT correct? If not I need to call them Monday morning and change the order. Thanks

Edit: My profile shows a 2014 Roush, asking about my 15. Thanks again, I'll update my profile.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If you read all the posts, yes the longer EXT models will fit under any S550 mustang.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The 7000 & 5000 are both 76" collapsed.

Hangers are real nice, the new block with the + cutouts. Also a plus. Helps the block, in the jack pocket & car alignment.

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Costco has the 5000TL and 7000TL on sale now, $300 off, $1300 & $1500 respectively.
Ya, they’ve gone up just like everything else.

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I got the 5000TLX during black friday which fits the mustang and my 2020 Tacoma. I leave mine on the ground and added caster wheels to it to make it easier to move around. I do hate that I lose side access of the car which is unfortunate. It's still pretty annoying to get both sides lined up, but the teardown of the setup is so much nicer than jackstands.

Overall it's good, obviously I'd get an actual lift for a bit more, but my garage height is too low so this is a good alternative. I don't regret getting it, but I also can't fully recommend it unless you're always doing work on a car and have no option for a lift.

Physically speaking though, after adding casters to it, it's way less taxing to get a car up compared to jack and jackstands and doing burpees to check the alignment.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Great idea about the casters. I keep mine on the floor of the shop and that would make things much easier.

If I am doing anything where side access is needed or the car will be up in the air for a while, I put the car on some jack stands and pull out the QJs.

I use the ones on the left.

1643631750487.png

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For those who have bought the QJ and are now longer term owners of the device, what's the Pros/Cons of the unit?

Can the car be driven over the unit IF it's not in use - instead of having to constantly move it to another area?

How does it fair on tiled garage floors, such as Race Deck type of tiling? Any damages to tiles from weight of unit once loaded with a vehicle?

Whay about maintenance - any leaks, problems or higher than normal maintenance that was NOT expected after buying/using the unit?

If doing transmission work, is there enough clearance under the vehicle/unit to maneuver?

Is suspension work with a vehicle on the unit not possible?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Can the car be driven over the unit IF it's not in use
no, you'd be driving over the pressure cylinder and it's hose fittings.

if your tile can withstand 18psi (car on 4 tires) it can readily withstand the giant 'loop' that is the floor interface.

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
For those who have bought the QJ and are now longer term owners of the device, what's the Pros/Cons of the unit?

Can the car be driven over the unit IF it's not in use - instead of having to constantly move it to another area?

How does it fair on tiled garage floors, such as Race Deck type of tiling? Any damages to tiles from weight of unit once loaded with a vehicle?

Whay about maintenance - any leaks, problems or higher than normal maintenance that was NOT expected after buying/using the unit?

If doing transmission work, is there enough clearance under the vehicle/unit to maneuver?

Is suspension work with a vehicle on the unit not possible?
1) No you cannot drive ontop of it - you have to move it. I opted to put caster wheels on to be able to move the units easily. You can push them together and drive over them to store underneath, but not directly ontop.

2) I assume it would be the same concern with jack stands more or less

3) I had minor leaking from of the hoses, but some sealant tape fixed that up. I haven't had it for too too long, but you just need to fill the thing with ATF and check levels once in awhile.

4) With the new model there should be plenty of room for a trans, the extra 3" is pretty useful (giggity)

5) No it's not if you need the suspension loaded, since this lifts from the frame. I opted to build wheel cribs to do any suspension work (lift it up, and drop the car onto the cribs). If you don't need it loaded, then yeah it's fine, the only caveat is (and this is a biggie at least for me), you lose access from the sides so you have to work from the front or back.
Sponsored