Sponsored

Long Term Care

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Now that these cars have been out for a while, are there any trouble spots that should be corrected before they get to old or parts break?

I haven't been on the board as much as I should these last few years so forgive me if I'm asking somethings that might have popped up.

I have a 2016 TrackPack that I bought new, it mainly sees weekend duty and has been on track a few times. To date the only issue the car has had is a stuck open thermostat.

I know I have had friends with oil use, phaser issues, clutch issues......

Just trying to make a list of things to gather for parts to keep before you can't get new ones from Ford. Seems the OE's are dropping parts as soon as they can anymore. Already seeing parts for my Gen6 1LE fall off now that they stopped making them.
Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I’ve been purchasing OE interior and exterior pieces over the years for the exact same reason. I haven’t needed to replace anything on mine yet due to wear and tear or faulty items other than the usual….Brake pads, clutch.

I take that back, I had an o2 sensor fail on me.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Maybe a splitter. Otherwise it will be fine. Keep it clean and waxed, keep the grease off the alcantera, it will look great forever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Maybe a splitter. Otherwise it will be fine. Keep it clean and waxed, keep the grease off the alcantera, it will look great forever.
Yeah mine is already starting to rub the rivets off. I have been looking for a deal on R splitter for a while. I should have gotten one a long time ago when they were going cheap on Facebook when the cars were still being produced.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Now that these cars have been out for a while, are there any trouble spots that should be corrected before they get to old or parts break?

I haven't been on the board as much as I should these last few years so forgive me if I'm asking somethings that might have popped up.

I have a 2016 TrackPack that I bought new, it mainly sees weekend duty and has been on track a few times. To date the only issue the car has had is a stuck open thermostat.

I know I have had friends with oil use, phaser issues, clutch issues......

Just trying to make a list of things to gather for parts to keep before you can't get new ones from Ford. Seems the OE's are dropping parts as soon as they can anymore. Already seeing parts for my Gen6 1LE fall off now that they stopped making them.
Buy an extra engine and store it….

:)

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Swgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Highlander
I've only done simple things like FP air filter, FP passenger air oil separator, and front mud flaps. Other than that just take care of it and check the oil here and there.
Sponsored