GT350/R Long-Term Reliability

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Sorry to hear about all the issues, especially on a 2 year old car. This sounds like all electrical though so I'm not sure what this has to do with the design of the motor. Unless you're heavily tracking the car, and it's modified, I don't see "vibrations" causing all these issues, especially at 13K miles.

I've had some minor issues with mine. Had to replace the steering shaft (took multiple dealer visits) and the thermostat got stock open and threw a check engine light. At the end of the day, the car has a warranty. If something goes wrong outside the warranty, then I'll fix it. You can call the motor "exotic" but they're still essentially a V8 s550 Mustang...not a Bugatti or a McLaren F1. I'm not a long time owner yet, but there are a lot of members on this forum who are that haven't had any major issues. It's a high revving, high compression track motor that can be high strung, but to me personally the car is that special to own.
Long shot since we're a year and a half out, but what symptoms were you experiencing with the steering? I am having some steering issues, been to two different dealers, have a case open with Ford corporate, and getting nothing but head scratching.