Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IMO, not many of the newer, higher volume specialty cars will increase in value, and if they do it will be looooooong from now. Look at S197 GT500 values versus original MSRPs.

Too many are produced, plus far too many of them are garage queens. That means an ample supply down the road to choose from if you want one, just pick your color and options. It's not like in the '60s when nobody thought their new '67 GT350 would ever be worth anything so they drove the snot out of them. The specialty cars will always command a premium over a lesser model on a given chassis as you would expect given the difference in initial cost, but appreciation will be fickle at best. Of the S550 GT350s I'd guess that the R would fare much better, but I wouldn't bet my 401k on it.

If you want an investment, there are far better options than late model cars....
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
It won't appreciate until the time way in the future when it can be turned into some sort of freakish resto rod and auctioned off at Barret Jackson.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only thing I could see that would possibly reduce the rate of depreciation is if governments keep pushing laws against performance vehicles. If V8 engines go away. If gas burning cars are limited to very low displacement hybrid systems. If most cars are electric. It would still take 10+ years for any of that to have an impact in my opinion, though. I'm hoping we don't vote in government officials that are going to take all our freedom away and the GT350s depreciate like most special edition Mustangs.

Danestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dane
Vehicle(s)
‘17 explorer sport
I’ve found and am purchasing a 2016 PP chassis GT350. It appears to have been a traveling show car and accumulated 10 miles in the first 22 months. It has 6k miles. What are your thought on how it will depreciate VS the normal
Production run?

What Pre Production specific concerns should I have? Also, how many of these are out driving around?

I’ve been waiting to be able to buy my gt350 for years and can’t wait to go pick it up. Thanks for any thoughts!
Sponsored