Sponsored

Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Darn. I wonder what one I will need. I bought my 2017 Ecoboost premium manual, non performance pack from Montana, pony pack. Non convertible.
Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I doubt it but I figure I'll ask, anywhere on the forscan 2.4 that can modify PCM, I need to enable the oil pressure gauge on my PP cluster.
I was focused on the ABS module during this process but I'll explore other modules the next time I have FORScan hooked up (likely this weekend).

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Guys just be careful that you are flashing the correct cal to your car - there are numerous cals out there, specific to coupe/convertible manual/auto and region. Flashing the wrong one will not allow you to set the correct configuration (as built) that you need, which may mess up your ABS cal. Just make sure you use the exact equivalent from a V8!
Good to know, although I used the same firmware used by Partizan (2015 EB MT) and Chipa777 (2017 EB AT Convertable) without issues. My car's 2015 EB AT Coupe. Are you talking about the firmware itself or the AS BUILT values? For AS BUILT values, I totally agree since I ran into the same issue when I added the BLIS/CTA as the values I saw on the guide didn't work, but I was able to use one from a similarly equipped car.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
1) The SBL file DG9C-2D052-AA is always the same (OK).

2) The Software strategy should ideally not be changed (else you may unknowingly be changing the functionality of your ABS software)
- Bull Run you have changed from GR3C-2D053-CC to FR3C-2D053-CE. Probably OK, but I wouldn't want to be in your car in an accident where you rely on the ABS :fingerscrossed: I would suggest you use GR3C-2D053-CE (the updated version of your stock software).

3) I was referring to the config/cal file. Every config/cal version will prevent you from using certain combinations of AsBuilt values. Obviously the goal is to use the same AsBuilt as stock, except for the I4/V8 switch, if you achieve that, it's all good, but there are certainly limitations for RHD cars:
- Flashing FR3C-14C602-CEC (as per Thestangb, Partizan, Chipa777, Bull Run, will not allow you to select RHD AsBuilt (as I found out with Thestangb using his original method)
- Any RHD cal that is not man/auto or coupe/convertible will also not allow you to select the correct variants.
*Edit: Bull Run, you have also not put your original AsBuilt back in - your ABS config now thinks you are manual (not auto) and that you have different foundation brakes from what's actually fitted... I suggest you fix this.

Maybe it's easier for all the LHD cars, and perhaps you can get around this using the 'wrong' software strategy in 2) above, but I wouldn't advise it.

Last edited:

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
1) The SBL file DG9C-2D052-AA is always the same (OK).

2) The Software strategy should ideally not be changed (else you may unknowingly be changing the functionality of your ABS software)
- Bull Run you have changed from GR3C-2D053-CC to FR3C-2D053-CE. Probably OK, but I wouldn't want to be in your car in an accident where you rely on the ABS :fingerscrossed: I would suggest you use GR3C-2D053-CE (the updated version of your stock software).

3) I was referring to the config/cal file. Every config/cal version will prevent you from using certain combinations of AsBuilt values. Obviously the goal is to use the same AsBuilt as stock, except for the I4/V8 switch, if you achieve that, it's all good, but there are certainly limitations for RHD cars:
- Flashing FR3C-14C602-CEC (as per Thestangb, Partizan, Chipa777, Bull Run, will not allow you to select RHD AsBuilt (as I found out with Thestangb using his original method)
- Any RHD cal that is not man/auto or coupe/convertible will also not allow you to select the correct variants.

Maybe it's easier for all the LHD cars, and perhaps you can get around this using the 'wrong' software strategy in 2) above, but I wouldn't advise it.
Am I understanding you correctly?

You are saying that only the 3rd file needs to be changed and the first two should remain stock?

Also, where are you guys finding the correct calibration files? I have a LHD V6 manual.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Does anyone know how to activate the launch control?
I'm also trying to figure this out. I'm a little concerned that the calibration files provided in the op are for an automatic car. If that's the case then it may not be possible. I'm also concerned that I can't seem to revert back to stock. I followed the directions and downloaded the files from first and moved them to a different directory, but when I reflash those files the abs module won't accept my stock asbuilt configuration. I thought it was downloading the stock files right from the car, but looking back I think it said something about downloading files from the Internet and it seemed to do it way too fast. Now I'm wondering if it actually downloaded files from some Internet repository or something and they were not my actual stock files. Anyway I re-reflashed the files from the op. His asbuilt data did not work for me, but I tried some from another thread and It is now displaying line lock with no DTCs present in any modules. I can't actually tell if it worked yet because my cars up on jack stands and isn't level. I'm hoping it all ends well. I'm going to do more research and see if I can figure out launch control.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also trying to figure this out. I'm a little concerned that the calibration files provided in the op are for an automatic car. If that's the case then it may not be possible. I'm also concerned that I can't seem to revert back to stock. I followed the directions and downloaded the files from first and moved them to a different directory, but when I reflash those files the abs module won't accept my stock asbuilt configuration. I thought it was downloading the stock files right from the car, but looking back I think it said something about downloading files from the Internet and it seemed to do it way too fast. Now I'm wondering if it actually downloaded files from some Internet repository or something and they were not my actual stock files. Anyway I re-reflashed the files from the op. His asbuilt data did not work for me, but I tried some from another thread and It is now displaying line lock with no DTCs present in any modules. I can't actually tell if it worked yet because my cars up on jack stands and isn't level. I'm hoping it all ends well. I'm going to do more research and see if I can figure out launch control.
So which file(s) did you end up flashing after your question?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have other recommendations for the OBD tool to use? I already have the wireless one, but since that doesn't work here I guess I'll need to pick up a wired one.

Or can the X4 work as a pass thru maybe (connect it like datalogging to a PC)?

jarosss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2.3
@acull2000
so what firmware do you recommend to upload in place of below to activate line lock?
GR3C-2D053-CC
GR3C-14C602-AEA

First file GR3C-2D053-CE and second ?

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
So if I understand this correctly, all I need is FORScan 2.4, the OBD tool to connect to the car and laptop, and my laptop to enable line lock? Just making sure that there isn't something else I need to get.