Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Just ordered my ELS27 style interface from Amazon. And FORScan sent me the link to 2.4 so once I have everything I will activate line lock finally!
Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Just ordered my ELS27 style interface from Amazon. And FORScan sent me the link to 2.4 so once I have everything I will activate line lock finally!
Couple tips make sure you have at least a 15 amp charger hooked up it takes almost 50 minutes and if the voltage on your battery drops below 11.5v it will cancel mid-way and soft brick the unit.

Also, I noticed that the power cycles after you start the write and when it does it re-enables the automatic engine off setting. I'm not 100% sure it matters, but I turned it off again after the write started.

jarosss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2.3
Couple tips make sure you have at least a 15 amp charger hooked up it takes almost 50 minutes and if the voltage on your battery drops below 11.5v it will cancel mid-way and soft brick the unit.

Also, I noticed that the power cycles after you start the write and when it does it re-enables the automatic engine off setting. I'm not 100% sure it matters, but I turned it off again after the write started.
Original (russian) description says to do it on engine running, is it possible?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I hooked up FORScan 2.4 during the last weekend and checked all the drop-down options. While version 2.4 has more drop-down options than the previous versions, I checked all the modules and didn't see anything for the launch control. Options are listed in alphabetical order so it should've shown up above the "Line Lock Control" in the IPC config. This doesn't rule out enablement via modifying the AS BUILT value but a quick search of the forum turned up some discussions but no values.

IPC_config.png

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I hooked up FORScan 2.4 during the last weekend and checked all the drop-down options. While version 2.4 has more drop-down options than the previous versions, I checked all the modules and didn't see anything for the launch control. Options are listed in alphabetical order so it should've shown up above the "Line Lock Control" in the IPC config. This doesn't rule out enablement via modifying the AS BUILT value but a quick search of the forum turned up some discussions but no values.

IPC_config.png
I think I figured out the asbuilt data to enable it, I won't post until I can confirm. I'm worried that because the firmware posted here was for an AT car, it may not accept the asbuilt data for LC, and if it does it may not work.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I have my OBD tool now, came yesterday.

Quick question, do I need to set my tune back to stock before doing this?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I think I figured out the asbuilt data to enable it, I won't post until I can confirm. I'm worried that because the firmware posted here was for an AT car, it may not accept the asbuilt data for LC, and if it does it may not work.
Can you check your original firmware to see if it's same as mine?
Anybody have other recommendations for the OBD tool to use? I already have the wireless one, but since that doesn't work here I guess I'll need to pick up a wired one.

Or can the X4 work as a pass thru maybe (connect it like datalogging to a PC)?
I already had the OBDLink MX Bluetooth but FORScan 2.4 absolutely won't flash the firmware with it. So I ended up buying a wired interface on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLRMG3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see that there are cheaper ones out there, but at least this one is verified to work now.

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Can you check your original firmware to see if it's same as mine?

I already had the OBDLink MX Bluetooth but FORScan 2.4 absolutely won't flash the firmware with it. So I ended up buying a wired interface on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLRMG3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see that there are cheaper ones out there, but at least this one is verified to work now.
I also have the obdmx I've been using forscan for a while. I also bought that same adapter and it worked for me.

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
1) The SBL file DG9C-2D052-AA is always the same (OK).

2) The Software strategy should ideally not be changed (else you may unknowingly be changing the functionality of your ABS software)
- Bull Run you have changed from GR3C-2D053-CC to FR3C-2D053-CE. Probably OK, but I wouldn't want to be in your car in an accident where you rely on the ABS :fingerscrossed: I would suggest you use GR3C-2D053-CE (the updated version of your stock software).

3) I was referring to the config/cal file. Every config/cal version will prevent you from using certain combinations of AsBuilt values. Obviously the goal is to use the same AsBuilt as stock, except for the I4/V8 switch, if you achieve that, it's all good, but there are certainly limitations for RHD cars:
- Flashing FR3C-14C602-CEC (as per Thestangb, Partizan, Chipa777, Bull Run, will not allow you to select RHD AsBuilt (as I found out with Thestangb using his original method)
- Any RHD cal that is not man/auto or coupe/convertible will also not allow you to select the correct variants.
*Edit: Bull Run, you have also not put your original AsBuilt back in - your ABS config now thinks you are manual (not auto) and that you have different foundation brakes from what's actually fitted... I suggest you fix this.

Maybe it's easier for all the LHD cars, and perhaps you can get around this using the 'wrong' software strategy in 2) above, but I wouldn't advise it.
I have a 2016 EcoBoost Premium, Coupe, 6spd manual w/ Performance Pack, USDM, Left Hand Drive.
I have also purchased the ELS27 usb adapter mentioned a few pages back in this thread.

This is where the firmware update page first landed:
Raven's ABS module, stock versions.PNG

I then attempted to load this:
Strategy GR3C-2D053-CE
Configuration FR3C-14C602-CEC

After flashing completed, the log noted it could not read the firmware version of the Strategy or of the Configuration, so it chose to display default values for my ABS module assembly. It also noted there was no DTC service for the ABS module. I then tried to open up the As-Built config for the ABS module, but it kept aborting after I acknowledged the warning.

Thinking it was a fluke, I attempted to write the same firmware files again, after re-downloading them. Another hour later, and no different result.

For the third attempt, I followed the instructions as laid out by Partizan and Bull Run, this time loading the FR3C-2D053-CE Strategy.
Raven's ABS module, after firmware flashing attempt #3 part #2.PNG

No more errors about being unable to read the firmware versions, and I can once again access the AS-BUILT configuration! I used the 760-02 values appropriate for my car (no adaptive cruise, no collision avoidance). Line 760-01 still matched my VIN and was not re-written. Line 760-03 was already set to "55C0" and was not re-written. After writing Line 760-02, and finishing the IPC adjustment, everything appears to be functional. I can enter the line lock menu item, and it shows the "Hold OK to initialize" message. Haven't gone through with using the feature just yet, waiting until I'm back on my daily tires. 305/30/19 RE-71R's aren't exactly cheap...

I took it out for a drive, made sure the ABS function still worked, and it doesn't seem to have screwed up the brake bias at all, if that would happen to be possible.
I have an autocross event the day after tomorrow, so I'll definitely know then if anything is out of the ordinary.

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
Alright, so I've got an update:

Autocross event went well, braking seemed normal, couldn't detect any funny business.
There is a problem, however. I can no longer turn on or use cruise control. Press the button, no change on the dash. Hook up FORscan, scan for DTC's, and I get these from the ABS module:

U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
U0104 - Lost Communication With Cruise Control Module

I am currently running:
Secondary Boot Loader: DG9C-2D052-AA
Strategy: FR3C-2D053-CE
ECU Configuration/Base Configuration: FR3C-14C602-CEC
AS-BUILT:
760-02-01: 2113 3111 A080
760-02-02: 0200 79E6
760-03-01: 55C0

My car does not have adaptive cruise, or collision avoidance, but I do have these:
Equipment Group 201A: BLindspot Information System w/ Cross Traffic Alert
EcoBoost Performance Package (3.55 diff + Brakes from GT base)
Enhanced Security Package

I'm going to try to track down another car close to mine and hope for a different set of AS-BUILT codes that will work. If anyone has any ideas to offer, I'm all ears!

My stock AS-BUILT codes were:
760-02-01: 2111 3111 00DE
760-02-02: 0200 127F

Has anyone else started with these AS-BUILT values, and if so, what did you change to after the flash?

Last edited:

Yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Alright, so I've got an update:

Autocross event went well, braking seemed normal, couldn't detect any funny business.
There is a problem, however. I can no longer turn on or use cruise control. Press the button, no change on the dash. Hook up FORscan, scan for DTC's, and I get these from the ABS module:

U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
U0104 - Lost Communication With Cruise Control Module

I am currently running:
Secondary Boot Loader: DG9C-2D052-AA
Strategy: FR3C-2D053-CE
ECU Configuration/Base Configuration: FR3C-14C602-CEC
AS-BUILT:
760-02-01: 2113 3111 A080
760-02-02: 0200 79E6

My car does not have adaptive cruise, or collision avoidance, but I do have these:
Equipment Group 201A: BLindspot Information System w/ Cross Traffic Alert
EcoBoost Performance Package (3.55 diff + Brakes from GT base)
Enhanced Security Package

I'm going to try to track down another car close to mine and hope for a different set of AS-BUILT codes that will work. If anyone has any ideas to offer, I'm all ears!

My stock AS-BUILT codes were:
760-02-01: 2111 3111 00DE
760-02-02: 0200 127F

Has anyone else started with these AS-BUILT values, and if so, what did you change to after the flash?
interesting, I'm planning on doing this to mine, also an EB PP but no BLIS.

hoping you solve this.
Sponsored