Sponsored

Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have 17 ecoboost premium, 6 speed manual 3.31 gearing, with enhanced security package,

can anyone confirm that me loading these settings will not harm my car stuff? I see many of you having success, dont foresee any reason why it would disable my enhanced security package right? I dont have the bliss package, or adapt collision stuff.

forescan sent me the download link just now, really tempted to enable line lock.
Sponsored

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
I have 17 ecoboost premium, 6 speed manual 3.31 gearing, with enhanced security package,

can anyone confirm that me loading these settings will not harm my car stuff? I see many of you having success, dont foresee any reason why it would disable my enhanced security package right? I dont have the bliss package, or adapt collision stuff.

forescan sent me the download link just now, really tempted to enable line lock.
The only thing messed up for me right now is cruise control, and I put in an as-built value for an option I don't have. I'd like to say you would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to post your AS-BUILT codes and bootloader/strategy/configuration file versions for your abs module. Would be interesting to compare and see what they look like.

You already have an appropriate corded usb adapter?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I do, so basically make sure I SAVE a copy of everything stock, before I change anything. I cannot lose cruise control etc.
but what I wonder is, will the abs/traction etc all still work fine for my cars

I just dont want any functional stuff to go boom or go wrong for daily driving.

Will these changes be easily figured out if I have an issue under warranty for anything? or just paste in old stuff before I take it in and call it good on an event of something catastrophic like engine blow up

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I do, so basically make sure I SAVE a copy of everything stock, before I change anything. I cannot lose cruise control etc.
but what I wonder is, will the abs/traction etc all still work fine for my cars

I just dont want any functional stuff to go boom or go wrong for daily driving.

Will these changes be easily figured out if I have an issue under warranty for anything? or just paste in old stuff before I take it in and call it good on an event of something catastrophic like engine blow up
Nothing is 100% certain. I did not loose anything that I can tell. I actually soft bricked the module twice because my battery charger was not strong enough to keep the voltage above 11.5 for the entire 45min. That was scary, but once I got one that could keep up it worked fine.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
well I did my first burnout ever yesterday, and I liked it. made me realize, I bet this would be a lot easier and safer on the car in general having it. think im going to attempt it.

Sponsored

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
I have changed the asbuilt line 760-02-01as suggested, and the codes are gone and my cruise control works. Makes sense that that car couldn’t talk to the adaptive cruise control module I told it it had, when it only has a normal cruise control module.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
It doesnt let me, says incorrect part number for the lower 2 update file boxes, 17 ecoboost.

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesnt let me, says incorrect part number for the lower 2 update file boxes, 17 ecoboost.
Can you post info or a screenshot/snip of what you are seeing? Your stock as-built codes, and your stock abs firmwares vs what you are trying to flash to?

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Used the download provided, extracted all 3. It just won’t let me write them to my car.

Using 2.4 and everything

Mines a pony package premium 17, no collision, nothing special

Here’s my abs photos update and numbers things
B9637085-0EC1-4C62-BD6C-9F489AA6EA64.jpeg
4B6B45FA-CFB9-4347-919E-3A90DD82EF74.jpeg
9B79D0C0-EAFD-4030-B7C2-6C469E9F9C57.jpeg
2BA45D8D-5BFD-4F08-A372-3F58E80147B0.jpeg
View attachment 382152
713DC4A3-89C1-4AD2-BC90-28B32F931E3A.jpeg
View attachment 382154

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, I ran into that too. When you have those files selected, and the red squares are present instead of green squares with the file size, hit the download button and it should pull fresh copies from ford's servers. Once downloaded, the red squares should turn green and you should be good to program.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, I ran into that too. When you have those files selected, and the red squares are present instead of green squares with the file size, hit the download button and it should pull fresh copies from ford's servers. Once downloaded, the red squares should turn green and you should be good to program.

worked for me, you are right, it said 30 minutes. my car is at 12.1v but its on a battery tender now, i have all lights off, radio off, etc screen off.

i am so freaked out though. everythings flashing and saying broken. lol.

will ford be able to tell i changed these settings, no foreseable issues on my car? i can always put them back to stock flash right? this isnt same thing as getting an engine flash correct? not going to reset my key strokes or anything like that?

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stick with the car during the update process. Part way through the process the car thinks its been on accessory power mode for too long, and will warn you that it will turn off shortly if you don't press ok and override it.
If you miss it, and the car powers off, and forscan fails, don't fret. You can start the process over again.

Yeah, it will gladly let you know things aren't matching up, until the whole process is complete. Just make sure you use the AS-BUILT codes appropriate for your car, and you won't have issues. Since your 760-02-01 line is "2111 3111 00DE", make sure you use "2113 3111 00E0" after the flashing is complete, and not "2113 3111 A080".

If they bothered to look, they could probably tell. Once you've completed this procedure, even Forscan will tell you things don't quite match up to what a stock module should be. Will they look? no idea. Will it be a problem if they do? no idea. You can always go back to stock, just keep those codes and version names of your stock setup in a safe place.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I use MacBooks or I would done this sooner. Found a 200 dollar 11.6 inch ASUS on clearance at bestbuy for 85 open box; looks perfect.

Using it just for garage / instructional and forescan only laptop.

I just made a folder, sticking the original saves and all the original stuff in there.

I doubt I ever have an issue though.

Just wondering if it will handle differently than before? You don’t think abs is much diff from gt to eco you think?

And not a bad little laptop, really nice actually. Rolling just fine w this. 35% and cars still 12.1 v. Just sitting in it waiting
CEE68248-63F3-4457-AA7C-17398D90267B.jpeg
20B3FC02-7278-4661-8BFE-868E7085F875.jpeg
65EA45BA-CB52-4DFA-9554-47610CB68371.jpeg
Sponsored