Sponsored

Leaning Towards Hellion over the Whipple

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I see the part about the “lag” but That’s kit dependent and turbo size, not all lag. I get that whole jump ahead because one makes 10psi now and the other delays…in some cases. But you didn’t answer my question…..

both making 700whp why does the turbo have the top end advantage?
the supercharger takes power to make power, the higher your rpm goes, the less efficient they are... The turbo takes the exhaust gases that are not doing anything but going out... an over simplification of the actual facts...
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
the supercharger takes power to make power, the higher your rpm goes, the less efficient they are... The turbo takes the exhaust gases that are not doing anything but going out... an over simplification of the actual facts...
but you said they make the same power AT THE WHEELS.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I am loving my whipple. 750 rwhp on a big pulley 3.875 on e85 with 10r80 is so nice. Wouldnt want more on the street.

Last edited:

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I am loving my whipple. 770 rwhp on a big pulley 3.875 on e85 with 10r80 is so nice. Wouldnt want more on the street.
I'm sure I'd be satisfied with that amount of power too. I also like the fact that they will get the jump on other setups. Decisions decisions.

How is the transmission holding up and how many miles can we expect at that level before a rebuild?

Another question, since superchargers take power to make power doesn't that put that much more strain on a stock engine than a turbo?

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
but you said they make the same power AT THE WHEELS.
I gotta agree here. The low end torque advantage is only present in 1st gear, assuming we are taking about both cars being autos. Chances of the blown combo blowing the tires off is also a factor.

Reverse it, make them both manuals launching at 4-5k rpm, and again, the low end torque difference is moot.

Even if you want it to be a roll with manuals…why wouldn’t the turbo have an anti lag set up allowing it to jump just like the Whipple?

Nothing is that black and white 😎

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I'd be satisfied with that amount of power too. I also like the fact that they will get the jump on other setups. Decisions decisions.

How is the transmission holding up and how many miles can we expect at that level before a rebuild?

Another question, since superchargers take power to make power doesn't that put that much more strain on a stock engine than a turbo?
Street tires break loose at 80 hitting 4th on most surfaces even in 100* weather is pretty funny. I guess I havent strained the transmission much yet since I havent put my DR's on.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Street tires break loose at 80 hitting 4th on most surfaces even in 100* weather is pretty funny. I guess I havent strained the transmission much yet since I havent put my DR's on.
What tire/wheel setup are you currently running?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta agree here. The low end torque advantage is only present in 1st gear, assuming we are taking about both cars being autos. Chances of the blown combo blowing the tires off is also a factor.

Reverse it, make them both manuals launching at 4-5k rpm, and again, the low end torque difference is moot.

Even if you want it to be a roll with manuals…why wouldn’t the turbo have an anti lag set up allowing it to jump just like the Whipple?

Nothing is that black and white 😎
i guess basic reading comprehension is not that easy either...

yeah, if the turbo guy only weights 200 lbs, had a light breakfast, he is listening the radio instead of the BT and the race is done on a Wednesday instead of a friday, that can also affect the race....

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that video of the +1000 hp mustang... HS!!! i can only imagine how violent the traction fight can be... putting power to the ground will always be the hardest part... making the power is the easy part.

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
i guess basic reading comprehension is not that easy either...

yeah, if the turbo guy only weights 200 lbs, had a light breakfast, he is listening the radio instead of the BT and the race is done on a Wednesday instead of a friday, that can also affect the race....
I comprehend everything except your lack of a defense to my statement. Lol.

Open to hear how wrong my thoughts are.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What tire/wheel setup are you currently running?
Rear tires are 315 35 20 P zero corsa PZC4 it seems like all street tires seem up acting the same after a while but these were good at 500 hp.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I comprehend everything except your lack of a defense to my statement. Lol.

Open to hear how wrong my thoughts are.
of course... super easy:

one basic thing on this conversation... just this...

if you have 2 identical built cars one with a whipple and one with a TT both making the same RWHP if one would shine vs. the other?
and then I said, If ceteris paribus all the other things that can affect the race, THEN the whipple will jump first... it's a hypothetical case where 2 cars are identical and we are not taking into consideration any other variable (ceteris paribus in case you don't know) then, this will happen...

of course, in the real world, a million things can affect the race... even if the cars are identical, you have something as simple as reaction time... but again, we are talking about a hypothetical case and keeping all the other variables at 0.

that is why i said, you guys apparently are not understanding what you guys are reading.

because if the turbo car has a anti lag system, then is not identical to the supercharged car.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this shit is like the argument about the ecoboost being faster than the gt if the race is done at partial throttle from 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm...

you should write for Disney+ on the new WHAT IF series...

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Lol. Your made up, equally equipped cars just don’t exist within your rules, so it’s a moot point entirely.
Sponsored