w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey folks,

So my initial plan for my 21 Mustang GT PP car was to install a whipple supercharger kit. However, im starting to lean towards a hellion TT kit as my buddy has one and its a badass car. I know ill get a lot of opinions but what do you guys think would be good reasons to choose one vs the other?

Also anyone who has a hellion kit are there water and oil lines for the turbo? My buddy has the sleeper kit and he said every 1500 miles or so he has to oil them? And speaking of which whats the difference between the sleeper kit and the regular kit? Is it just the placement of the turbos?
Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Sleeper kit is the low mount kit from Hellion. The oil/water lines depend on which turbos you go with. The base Hellion sleeper turbos are both water cooled and oil fed so you need both water and oil feed/return lines. I went with precision gen 2s so I only have oil feed and a return system, no water lines for me. The comp oil less turbos have water lines only but require a “greasing” every so often. It’s a great kit. I’m Palm Beach tuned on E85 and it’s a beast!

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So if I get the 55's either ball bearing or not they would have both water and oil lines whether its the sleeper kit or the show off kit. Which I kind of like the top mount kit because if you have twins why not show em off right?

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
So if I get the 55's either ball bearing or not they would have both water and oil lines whether its the sleeper kit or the show off kit. Which I kind of like the top mount kit because if you have twins why not show em off right?
Top mount is definitely bling. I’m guessing by 55s you are talking about hellions 55s

Depends which 55s you are planning on getting. Precision’s or Hellions etc. Hellion has stated there is no real performance different between their top and low mount kits. The top mount is more expensive usually as it requires more custom pieces. I’ve had top mounts on other platforms and prefer bottom mounts. Less relocation of factory stuff under the hood. More room under the hood. Less heat under the hood. Just my personal preference. If you like hanging out with the hood propped open then the top mount might be for you

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm talking about the options on the Hellion kit, where you can pick the turbo size in either ball bearing or no ball bearing options.
Screenshot_20210716-094735_Chrome.jpg

Not sure why the small 55mm are more expensive than the 62mm. Also not sure what PTE CEA is?

Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
check with your tuner of choice on tuning capabilities…. 2021 cars and trucks have some limitations currently

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hey folks,

So my initial plan for my 21 Mustang GT PP car was to install a whipple supercharger kit. However, im starting to lean towards a hellion TT kit as my buddy has one and its a badass car. I know ill get a lot of opinions but what do you guys think would be good reasons to choose one vs the other?

Also anyone who has a hellion kit are there water and oil lines for the turbo? My buddy has the sleeper kit and he said every 1500 miles or so he has to oil them? And speaking of which whats the difference between the sleeper kit and the regular kit? Is it just the placement of the turbos?
Just email Hellion and they will answer all your questions for it is their kit.one reason I might go with 62mm PTE Ball Bearing turbo is they do not put additional stress on the crank, usually more efficient, takes no power to run ETC. Even though, the low end torque of a blower is fun as hell on the street. Good luck

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
PTE are precision turbos. The journal bearing turbos do use water. The ceramic ball bearing turbos do not. The kit will come with the required materials/hoses oil restrictor etc based on whatever turbos you choose.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hmm this is a really tough choice. I've had turbo cars, never had a SC car. Realistically what I would like to accomplish is the best bang for buck, reliability (to an extent), 700RWHP goals, street fun, and I'm thinking if you have 2 identical built cars one with a whipple and one with a TT both making the same RWHP if one would shine vs. the other?

I do like the simplicity of the Supercharger, but I like the potential of the turbo, ie. if I want to bump up another 50hp etc.

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check with emission inspection for your state. Hellion may not be legal.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I'm thinking if you have 2 identical built cars one with a whipple and one with a TT both making the same RWHP if one would shine vs. the other?
the supercharger will jump ahead... period... twin turbo will have the advantage on the top end... but street use? SC will always jump ahead if they have traction.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I live in PA and we have emissions... of course i have a guy that *cough cough* does very thorough inspections if ya know what I mean.

But part of me wants a supercharger because its something different for me. Im just so used to turbo cars, and I'm afraid to make the wrong $10000+ choice and regret it.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
the supercharger will jump ahead... period... twin turbo will have the advantage on the top end... but street use? SC will always jump ahead if they have traction.

It isn't that black and white. weight, power, gearing all play into it.

its tough enough to get 2 identical cars like that, same hp and all. And even if cars make same power on dyno, one might handicapped by weather/IAT on a different day.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
SC is simple, fast, pretty easy to maintain, warranty, pretty cool to have all that torque instantly.
TT not simple, faster, harder to maintain, no warranty, you get to listen to turbos spool and a BOV everyday. Gets my vote.

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Hmm this is a really tough choice. I've had turbo cars, never had a SC car. Realistically what I would like to accomplish is the best bang for buck, reliability (to an extent), 700RWHP goals, street fun, and I'm thinking if you have 2 identical built cars one with a whipple and one with a TT both making the same RWHP if one would shine vs. the other?

I do like the simplicity of the Supercharger, but I like the potential of the turbo, ie. if I want to bump up another 50hp etc.
They will both “shine” but under different circumstances. It’s my opinion though that with the 6MT the choice would be whipple vs centri. With the auto all three at similar power levels never really fall out of the hp curve but the nod goes to the whipple on the hit with the turbos being more flexible. I don’t drive around on kill mode all the time with the turbos and can stage my boost in by gear or mph etc.
Sponsored