Sponsored

OK so I want to SC my new 19 GT. Roush is what I'm leaning towards. Advice?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The Roush blower on a 18 just did a pull on the Roush tune at 648whp on a video by CJ Pony Parts.That’s more than enough power for what your looking for and is backed with a full 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty. If you need more power in the future there are plenty of upgrades and custom tuning you can get.

The things you need to address to put the power down is sticky tires and of course suspension. BMR Rear Vertical Links TCA045 and BMR IRS Cradle Lockout Kit CB005 are huge improvements putting power down and getting rid of most of the dreaded wheel hop. For both kits the cost is around $400-$420 and you can install yourself, or a shop can install it for around $250.

Enjoy your ride!
Sponsored

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there are no "must haves", but of course alot of wants,

what other mods you pick would really depend on your intentions. street driving, handling, drag, road course, etc..

feel free to give me a ring with any questions and we can help steer you in the right direction based on goals.

beef
513-478-1965

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
- Blower
- Fuel system
- e85
- Vertical Links
- Half shaft
- ET street s/s
- run 9's

/thread

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I had a 15 PP and I now have an 18 non PP. On the 15 I did everything suspension wise and it ended up fantastic. The 18 is not going to need as much. The changes Ford made may be minimal but the results are pretty big. Being an auto also helps with wheel hop I'm sure. My blower arrived today so I'll know pretty soon how stock copes with the power. IRS mods will be a must I'm sure.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
If you intend to run your car at New England Dragway. The tech inspector there told me any power adder other than a Roush/FRPP supercharger would require a rollbar if I ran quicker than 11.50. I would need a 8 point roll cage if I ran quicker than 10.00 or a speed 135 mph or faster with any power adder.

n

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
FYI. There is no place in New Hampshire to get E85. The closest place to get E85 is a Gulf station just outside of Logan airport in Boston, and its $3.00 a gallon.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
He stated he isn't interested in taking it to the strip.

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package 1
Appears to me you had your mind already made up before starting the thread.
Hey I am brand new at this, so while I had a vague idea, and I'm challenging the new advice to better understand the rationale, I've not made up my mind at all about anything, rest assured.

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package 1
May want to clarify for him, the 500hp numbers you are quoting are rear wheel hp numbers so crank hp would be 550 plus on average...I mention this cause the OP stated 'oh so I could go from 460 to 500 that easy, referring to advertised crank hp numbers obviously. Just didn't want to 'under-sell' how much gain is possible w/o forced induction..it's a lot more than 40hp !
Thanks I didn't catch that. 40hp didn't sound like a huge difference but I see what you mean now.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hey I am brand new at this, so while I had a vague idea, and I'm challenging the new advice to better understand the rationale, I've not made up my mind at all about anything, rest assured.
Hey .................................... PM sent
Sponsored