I just have Bolt-Ons :) Procharger.........etc etc

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I special ordered my 2018 GT Premium and zig-zagged through the option list to geta car I wanted. The A10 is stunning and for the street, way more than enough! I wanted square tires, no black rims, no super expensive Magnaride struts / shocks, ( I priced out replacement Magnarides from Ford...yikes!!), and a mandatory spare tire to go with the 19 inch polished rims. After purchasing our car, I added a Ford performance catch can and strut tower brace kit. Also added rear brake sequential brake lights / flashers, a LED rear backup light bulb, and a pair of Steeda jacking rails for easy maintenance. Stock is key when trading in your car and all of my mods are 30 minute reversible at resale time. Having just come from the recent Barrett-Jackson NE auction, you can see the difference in pricing of stock versus modified. Plus all of our Mustangs are the very last Ford V8 powered cars made in the world so future collectability is not too far into the future. Food for thought!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Every previous Mustang I have owned except my 1997 GT (which was disgustingly slow and not worth modding to make it as fast as my previous Mustang's were stock) have been modified. My last Mustang was a 2006 GT 6spd stick that I supercharged. I'm hoping to twin turbo my '18 but visually she is going to stay stock looking and not loud. I prefer people not know whats going to happen to them when they line up. :)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've had a few special edition Mustangs (in sig), and for the most part I limited the mods I did on those because I didn't want to mess much with what made them special to begin with. No to mention some of the snobs you run into with them tend to look down on mods so some degree, as well as others with "lesser" cars (the latter being a huge turn-off). Or you go to a show and and several guys have the exact same car. Meh.

I went with a regular GT this last time so I have no qualms about modding it, and have. And it's been one of the more enjoyable Mustang ownership experiences of them all. Who knew?

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
My approach with my 2018 GT has been to drive it and identify specific things that can be improved upon. First, I reupholstered the seats with new takeoff GT Premium leather, then I installed the aluminum sport pedals from the Premium trim.

Next, I wanted the silver strut tower brace and K brace from the Performance Pack.

I always wanted the optional polished 19" wheels, and I bought a set on ebay last night from someone who is actually a member here.

Other things on the list (when money permits) would be a Borla S-Type catback and a Barton Hybrid 3.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I met a guy who said he was not going to modify the car one bit because it would loose value. And I thought he will have to keep it longer than I plan to live to see that come true. :)

FatBurritoEater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1 (Race Red)
I'm really hesitant to do any serious mods like a supercharger due to the reputation that the 2018/19 models have. I unfortunately am not yet to the point in my career where I can afford to experience a blown engine outside of warranty and turn it into a project car.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
why would you leave it stock? these cars were meant to be modded, at the very least get a decent catback.
I see you have a '15 GT. The '18+ GT have a very nice sounding exhaust system, decent volume but not too loud, good tone, etc. I can't speak to the active exhaust since mine is not active.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Keeping it stock while under warranty. Seeing as how I got an extended warranty, my '18 GT will be stock for quite some time. Eventually, in a few years, I may put a K&N cold air kit on it. The most I'd probably do now is a K&N air filter. They add a few hp at no risk to the warranty.

Once the warranty is finished, I'll likely build it into a 600 crank hp engine (non E85) with full bolt-ons, Stage 3 ported heads, and aftermarket (i.e., Comp cams) camshafts.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Put a blower on it.

And STILL have a warranty.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I don't know about Ford but I have had 3 corvettes which I modded all of them. One my C6 with LTH, full aftermarket exhaust, cam, and tune had to have the tranny rebuilt. My service manager knew all the mods I had and he still got my tranny rebuilt under warranty. Both other cars had minor warranty wok done with mods too. So killing the warranty is not a for sure thing, just hope Ford is as good in that aspect as I am trading in the SC C7 for my built GT as I need to lower my payments and Im getting a little too old to climb in and out of the vette every day. All were DD's. I loved modding them to make them my own, and yea trade ins got nothing for the mods but I dont care. My cammed C6 with 100K only stayed on the lot for 2 weeks before someone snatched it up getting all the mods for free. The dealership was selling it at the VIN used price and didn't add for the mods.

So what are yalls experience with warranty work with modded GTs?

Oh C7 is aftermarket SC but dealership doesn't care cuz they want the new car sale. They will let the used car section worry about that, lol.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I see you have a '15 GT. The '18+ GT have a very nice sounding exhaust system, decent volume but not too loud, good tone, etc. I can't speak to the active exhaust since mine is not active.
Quote These Messages
I can't imagine what it is like to only have one exhaust note. Active exhaust lets me tiptoe out of the neighborhood on the way to work in the morning, then hit sport mode to hear the Coyote all the way home. Once in a while I hit track mode to hear what it's like to attract cops. Loud all the time? No thanks. Quiet all the time? No thanks. Active exhaust FTW!
Sponsored