Keep it stock

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
My past two cars were a focus st and fusion se awd that both had bigger turbos and supporting mods. I'm going to take a break from the aftermarket side of things and enjoy the car in stock form for as long as possible. That's why I went with a fully loaded pp2. Don't even have to swap out the wheels. Undoubtedly it will end up with a built engine and tvs supercharger but the car is good for me as is for now. My wife has a srt grand cherokee and I fully plan on swapping a 426 hellephant into that after some years pass by. To each their own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
No “real” mods for our Mustang. We bought it because it was a red Mustang GT convertible at a reasonable price. Don’t care about making it any faster, been there done that a lot in the past. It is covered with a Ford Premium ESP until 7-9-2023 or 100K. Has 35K on it now. We will probably keep it a couple of years and maybe the ESP will make it easier to sell to an individual, I am sure a dealer would add no value for the ESP trade wise. For now we are just having a blast with it!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just put on cutouts. Factory mufflers and cut outs are very nice. Straight pipes with the stock resonator sounds great. Back to stock in 5 seconds. Louder than my friends active exhaust car. Also added a home link visor to control them.

I am yet to find anyone that doesn’t smile after riding in it.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I see you have a '15 GT. The '18+ GT have a very nice sounding exhaust system, decent volume but not too loud, good tone, etc. I can't speak to the active exhaust since mine is not active.
My wife has a 19 GT, with the non active quad exhaust, while it does sound somewhat better then the 15-17, it still needs a good catback to sound better.

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just put on cutouts. Factory mufflers and cut outs are very nice. Straight pipes with the stock resonator sounds great. Back to stock in 5 seconds. Louder than my friends active exhaust car. Also added a home link visor to control them.

I am yet to find anyone that doesn’t smile after riding in it.
Can you provide more details?

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
All my last cars had the same mods from day 1. Lowering suspension for better handling and an exhaust mod to sound just a little bit more. I bought my Ecoboost with Magneride and Active Exhaust so both are already on the the car and I'm more than pleased with them. I added an HKS BOV but the rest will stay stock.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
For the most part my typical upgrades are not visual, except maybe wheels.

I generally tend to stick to "upgrades" that improve the car for me. These improvements are generally chassis related, because of the engineers building cars that are low on NVH, there are improvements in the chassis to be made that make it feel better to me, but might be too much for mass appeal.

What I have done so far:
Aluminum GT350 STB & K brace
BMR CB005 with Steeda IRS alignment pins
BMR Jacking rails
Ford Performance Pack 1
Ford Performance Oil catch can
Steeda clutch spring and perch

Waiting to be installed:
Steeda H-pipe
BMR TCA048
BMR CB762
Full tilt racing shifter bracket
GT350 half shafts
BG Syncro II transmission oil

I'd also probably pick up a cue ball shift knob, I don't like how the plastic/leather OEM knob feels in my hand.

Car already feels "improved" to me over stock, can't wait 'til I get around to get everything else on the car.

Next year I might do headers and a 2018+ intake manifold, wheels and maybe a minimum drop. I think the cumulative results of my mods will make for a very stout street car, with plenty of power, handling and more importantly the feel I always work towards.

Sponsored

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
The advice you got is better than anything anyone has said here. It's your car - change only what you don't like.

I've gotten pretty comfortable with my car and the only mod I started to considering was a stop-the-hop kit for more stability on rough roads over 100mph.

I'm curious how many of the people on this sub go into debt because "forced induction bro" or they didn't get enough attention as a child and need to make all the noise they can on the street.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it stock...

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
H-pipe about to be installed. Other than that car will remain stock.
That's best, if you already have doubts about going further while under warranty or what not, you will stay constantly worried about something going wrong, and won't enjoy the car as much. They are great cars either way, I am just used to a little more power and bought the car specifically to mod. Enjoy the Mustang!

Deleted member 35786

That's best, if you already have doubts about going further while under warranty or what not, you will stay constantly worried about something going wrong, and won't enjoy the car as much. They are great cars either way, I am just used to a little more power and bought the car specifically to mod. Enjoy the Mustang!
Agree. Still have powertrain warranty for a few more years. And really have no desire to mod it at all except for the h pipe to give a little growl. My bud has a completely stock (albeit corsa axle back) 12' 5.0 and just hit 120k miles on it. Never had any issues until now, his oil pump just failed. He is repairing it and will drive on. Stock does pay off in the long run I think.
Sponsored