Keep it stock

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I have a 2019 300a need for green pp1 and i love it. I was thinking about louvers and black out badges till i ran into a guy with a stock gen 1 mach 1 who told me if you to only change what i dont love. So she stays stock so who in the group is going to stay stock and why.
Sponsored

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 300a need for green pp1 and i love it. I was thinking about louvers and black out badges till i ran into a guy with a stock gen 1 mach 1 who told me if you to only change what i dont love. So she stays stock so who in the group is going to stay stock and why.

why would you leave it stock? these cars were meant to be modded, at the very least get a decent catback.

Deleted member 35786

Keeping my car stock because I paid a lot of money for it and the warranty that comes with it. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize that.
Plus I want longevity and good reliability. The more mods you do the less reliable it becomes

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Stock vehicles sell better, when a car is at a car lot and has had lots of mod done people walk away. You go to trade in at dealer they don't want to see a lot of mods.

Modifications are very personal, and each car shows this. To top this off most people want to do their own mods after buying a stock car, very few will said " this car is modded exactly the way I want it".

So do the whole evaluation thing. How long I'm I going to keep, how many miles will I sell at, how much money can I afford to loose when I sell. Etc...

Remember 10 years from now your car will look aged and will be technological backward. This is when a 40K miles or less garage queen will rise an eyebrow, all the rest will be 1st hot rodders buying before they go to junk yard. Not knocking 2009 Mustangs, but who lately has told you they just had to have one?

OP
OP
Mattneedforgreen

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Stock vehicles sell better, when a car is at a car lot and has had lots of mod done people walk away. You go to trade in at dealer they don't want to see a lot of mods.

Modifications are very personal, and each car shows this. To top this off most people want to do their own mods after buying a stock car, very few will said " this car is modded exactly the way I want it".

So do the whole evaluation thing. How long I'm I going to keep, how many miles will I sell at, how much money can I afford to loose when I sell. Etc...

Remember 10 years from now your car will look aged and will be technological backward. This is when a 40K miles or less garage queen will rise an eyebrow, all the rest will be 1st hot rodders buying before they go to junk yard. Not knocking 2009 Mustangs, but who lately has told you they just had to have one?
That what i love about this car it will age however if well kept people will look at it with respect.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Very true, plus most mods can be removed and stock pieces put back on later

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
The mods you're proposing are pretty easily reversible. Just keep the old badges or plasti-dip them so you can return to stock later. Louvres typically go on with 3M tape, so can be pulled off when you want to sell. There's no harm in a little customization if you can revert back to stock with ease to sell.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I thought about green, my favorite color and had I moved on it, I would have removed the stripe, wrapped the roof in black and ditched the spoiler.

Yes, mod it like that ^^^ :D

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I have no plans to touch the engine while it’s under warranty. I did mild suspension and exhaust. Plenty of power to get to and cruise at whatever speed I want under the speed limiter on the autobahn. I can run at 155mph all day as long as the the road allows for it.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I ordered mine up the way I wanted it. PP1, 10 speed auto, magneride, active valve exhaust, optional wheels, showstopper red leather and the digital dash. I will be leaving it as Ford built it.
IMG_0198.JPG
That's it, I don't see any reason to change it from the way I ordered it *'cause I like it that way*!
Except the engine cover, that has to go. ;)
It's not that I have any concerns or lack of experience about modding it, I just don't see a reason to.

Last edited:

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
It’s a GT. Mod the damn thing. You’ll enjoy it so much more. You’re losing your ass either way on depreciation

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
I would add an exhaust no matter. BTW great choice of color. That thing looks badass.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have spent the last year and a half modding mine. Most fun I have had with a car in a long time!!

To me...it was a hobby. Mine is still under warranty...so I left the engine alone.

CVCashmere
Sponsored