Sponsored

How long will you keep it

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Curious how long you all plan on keeping your s550 mustangs?

I've been noticing a lot of people who are happy to beat on their car very hard because the warranty is still in place. Do you plan to trade in or sell before the warranty expires or keep it?

I baby my car in some ways and abuse it in others but I'm mostly concerned about it getting to 100k+ miles before any major repairs are needed. I'd like to keep this car for a very very long time if storage space allows for it.

I will say after this mustang any car I buy I could easily dump and replace after 5 years. But the s550 is special. Plus I am skeptical if the next gen mustang will be this beautiful .
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on keeping mine for a while. Right now I'm thinking 10ish or so years, but I know myself and cars...

Deleted member 35786

Until at least the warranty has expired (2021 for powertrain) and its fully paid for. Which should be about 1-2more years since I am paying extra payments. After that its all up in the air.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
This Dec will be 4 yrs for me. My plan is 10 years. I really like this car and with the amount of aftermarket parts available I can modify and have a "different" car every year.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
The cycle I go thru on performance cars is as follows: Drive it as a daily driver( even if I dont drive it daily). Mod it to what I like for street and a occasional track day here or there. After pay off I buy another performance street car and start modding the older one for track use. Once I have made the car more track then street I retire my old track car and now I have a new track car that I know all the good, bad and need to change. Usually a ten year cycle.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've had my 17 for almost a year. I'd sell it yesterday for the right price. Then bam! I'm back in a 13/14 GT. Boss, or GT500 again. Of course nothing goes without being converted to FI if it isn't already...and then they always need tweeked.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I usually get rid of all my cars within 1-3 years. Longest I ever kept one was my 2002 VW GTI that I bought new and kept it until 2008. I always put around 20k+ miles/year on my dailies so I never end up keeping them as I beat them up quick. I still take VERY good care of my cars but something about having a 'new' 2 year old car with like 60k+ miles doesn't sit well with me, by that time I got my enjoyment out of it and it would be a nightmare to keep up with.

This time is different however, the same time I purchased my Mustang I also bought a beater SUV(wanted the space) that would be cheap, reliable and easy to work on, hence why I bought an Xterra. Now my Mustang is ultra pampered and lives in a garage 95% of the time. I am able to enjoy it, but not put a ton of miles on it and it's able to stay new and fresh to me. 8100 miles after 14 months of ownership and the only reason it's that high is because I put 5500 miles on it in 7 months because I couldnt stop driving it! I'm still just as happy as when I bought it, and after sinking around $4k in mods so far, I am even MORE happy. I will definitely be keeping this for a long while!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
This is my first garage queen ever and I have enjoyed every mile so far. Plan is to keep it at least 1 year into the next generation Mustang. The car is paid for so no pressure there. I also see no need to trade 12 MPG for 125 HP (yet), since I love long road trips (2K+ miles).

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
keeping my 94 forever. this one...not sure. i do love it very much and will either keep it and get a new daily and convert this to a more dedicated toy/track car or if it pisses me off i'll just trade it on something else.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I will keep it until something better comes along. My 2017 had significant improvements over my 2014 that made it worthwhile; IRS, much nicer interior, etc. The upgrades have to be worth the price, and need to be things I can't easily add myself.
So it could be the next gen or it could be never.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
As long as it stays fun.
Sponsored