OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Patriotism doesn't do incorrect things. Flawed people do incorrect things. Like you - judging people by their race and trying to split everyone up into different sides based on race. Patriotism is a great thing. Patriotism brings people together and unites them....
Like I said earlier, patriotism is a disease. Mostly eliminated in Australia....anyone with a flag hanging from the front porch here would be viewed as having a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Being overtly proud of your country implies other countries are inferior. You accuse me of judging people by their race....not only do you hate black people, your patriotism sends the message you think the rest of the world is crap. I shouldn't be surprised really, your patriotic president is famous worldwide for his "shithole countries" remark.

....Kaepernick is the real piggy here....
I half expected a ginger anagram in that sentence....kudos on the restraint.

....Police are trying to do what's right and typically not getting paid enough for it. Kaepernick was a good player for a couple years, but he made millions for playing the game. Now he's done. Very few can play at the pro level for more than a few years. He's all done - he wasn't smart enough, didn't work hard enough - doesn't really matter why. His 15 minutes are pretty much done at this point and he's basically not relevant anymore.
MOST police do whats right.

...."but he made millions for playing the game...?" But? But? So the American Dream is ok....just so long as you're a white guy who earns millions, and not an uppity "ginger" anagram.

Eric Reid just got a job with the Panthers. I think you can thank the success of this Nike campaign for that, just a little. The door for Kap has just been opened a few inches.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Like I said earlier, patriotism is a disease. Mostly eliminated in Australia....anyone with a flag hanging from the front porch here would be viewed as having a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Being overtly proud of your country implies other countries are inferior. You accuse me of judging people by their race....not only do you hate black people, your patriotism sends the message you think the rest of the world is crap. I shouldn't be surprised really, your patriotic president is famous worldwide for his "shithole countries" remark.

I half expected a ginger anagram in that sentence....kudos on the restraint.

MOST police do whats right.

...."but he made millions for playing the game...?" But? But? So the American Dream is ok....just so long as you're a white guy who earns millions, and not an uppity "ginger" anagram.

Eric Reid just got a job with the Panthers. I think you can thank the success of this Nike campaign for that, just a little. The door for Kap has just been opened a few inches.
I do think America is great and that it is superior to most other countries. It has been going downhill up until the last couple years, but things are looking up recently. I have to admit I like Australia to a degree, but I think you all went a little nuts liberal lately. It's illegal to twin turbo an LS engine and put it in this or that car? All the hoops to register a modified car? Definitely far too left wing crazy over there now. By far inferior to the USA where we still have a lot more freedom to do what we want. Thank God for America. I feel very lucky to have been born in the greatest nation in the world.

You are really obsessed with race, aren't you? And you are constantly saying that I'm racist when you are the one who can't type a sentence without including a slur. Kaepernick exemplified the American dream - up to the point when he rejected the system that made him rich and decided to become a lazy whiner.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
This short video from L2inc (my digital marketing hero) sums it up perfectly:

tldr Nike is going to lose alt-righters in favor of millennials. As a marketing professional myself this is 100% the move to make.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
It was published 4 weeks ago. This was fairly recent, but admittedly I'm about a month behind posting it.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
^^^Cool story, but it's rubbish.

"The American flag isn’t folded in this manner because each of the folds has a special symbolic meaning; the flag is folded this way because it provides a dignified ceremonial touch that distinguishes folding a flag from folding an ordinary object such as a bedsheet, and because it results a visually pleasing, easy-to-handle shape. This thirteen-fold procedure was a common practice long before the creation of a ceremonial assignation of “meaning” to each of the steps".....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/grand-fold-flag/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.... Thank God for America. I feel very lucky to have been born in the greatest nation in the world.....
The rest of the world was shocked when the US people elected an moronic, lying, racist, reality TV hairdo in 2016. We thought "WTF is wrong over there?"

It recently became clearer to me when I read of a US federal survey that said 40% of US adults couldn't lay their hands on $400 in an emergency. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/fed...-adults-cant-cover-400-emergency-expense.html .

When half the people in the worlds biggest economy are that poor, you know the place is seriously screwed up. Little wonder you swallowed the Kool-Aid that the ginger whinger served up. You said you feel lucky....I guess you are one of the ones with some extra cash. Goodonya.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
You fight for freedom. You fight to maintain your way of life. You fight for what's right. You fight to right an injustice.

Those who fight for a flag are just brainwashed patriots.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I would venture to guess the 40% that didn’t have $400 for an emergency voted for Hillary. See how it happened now?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
You'd love it here.....it's like California. No NFL so no kneeling, no LA traffic jams, good coffee and great beer. Yes we have ESPN.
But you miss out on the USA's mass shootings due to a gun obsessed culture coupled with asinine laws, and a delusional/paranoid NRA that has their hooks in politicians wallets. The USA sees no problem with someone owning 31 AR-15s like the Vegas shooter. We just have "thoughts and prayers" that someone won't murder people with them.

If anyone should take a knee for the anthem, it's for our insane Congress who refuses to protect this country from senseless gun violence. At least Australia used common sense after the Port Arthur massacre and made private ownership of guns, a very stringent process and only allowed under certain circumstances. The USA on the other hand, has massacre after massacre and thinks more guns are the answer. Insane.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Being overtly proud of your country implies other countries are inferior.
Completely untrue.

Are you married? You love your life partner? Are they special to you? I hope so. Does that mean that everyone else is inferior, and it's OK to insult and abuse them? Of course not.

I'm an American patriot. I love the USA. I spent 20 years on active duty in the US Air Force and flew hundreds of combat missions over Iraq and Afghanistan to try to protect the world from those who would take away our freedom, and I'm proud of my service. I know about the cost of service too. I've lost friends in airplanes. And in 2 years on the base Honor Guard, I was the one who presented the folded flag to the next of kin, about 200 times, and I was the one who spoke the words to the bereaved: "On behalf of the president of the United States and a grateful nation, I present this flag in recognition of the dedicated and faithful service of your loved one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you." That was the toughest duty I ever had.

I also lived in Canada for several years, and I'm there right now. It's a beautiful country with wonderful people and I count myself fortunate to be welcome here. Canadians have a lot to be proud of, and I wish nothing but good things for them. And that's true of many of the countries I've been to.

So, no, being patriotic doesn't imply other nations are inferior. They're not my home, I don't have that special love for them that I do for my home, but I totally respect that other nationalities can be just as proud and loving of their own homes, and I wish them well.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Big freakin' deal. The NRA is open to talk about regulation of bump stocks. You think that's going to make a big dent? Want a safe society? Do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the opposite of the NRA. They're a delusion spewing cult who have their interests in mind. They should be dissolved. Yes, mass killings are tragic and are the most lethal with a gun. And those incidents happen over and over and over in one 1st world country exponentially more than any other; the United States. The one country that hides behind an amendment written in 1791 based on forming a militia. It's been manipulated by paranoid, delusional gun lovers to fit into a society where it does one thing, keep us at #1 for mass shootings and gun homicides. Thinking/believing anything to the contrary is denial in its purest form.

The only time most people wake up to the real danger of guns in our society is when they are wounded or they lose a loved one to another senseless shooting. Until then, nobody really cares. Only when the USA grows a pair and initiates laws like Japan and Australia where getting your hands on gun is damn difficult (instead of ridiculously simple), nothing will change. Thoughts and Prayers......great strategy.

If it wasn't legal for someone in Nevada (or any other state) to purchase 31 AR-15s (bumpstock or not), my 42yr old neighbor would maybe be around today. Instead she got a bullet to the head while listening to music at a concert. 31 AR-15s.....don't want to infringe on someone's rights now do we? We know what's more important to Congress and the NRA.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.