OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
But you miss out on the USA's mass shootings due to a gun obsessed culture coupled with asinine laws, and a delusional/paranoid NRA that has their hooks in politicians wallets. The USA sees no problem with someone owning 31 AR-15s like the Vegas shooter. We just have "thoughts and prayers" that someone won't murder people with them.

If anyone should take a knee for the anthem, it's for our insane Congress who refuses to protect this country from senseless gun violence. At least Australia used common sense after the Port Arthur massacre and made private ownership of guns, a very stringent process and only allowed under certain circumstances. The USA on the other hand, has massacre after massacre and thinks more guns are the answer. Insane.
Someone commented that I seem to be obsessed with America. Not obsessed, it's just that your country is omnipresent. America sneezes, the world gets a cold.

For example all (and I mean ALL) of your mass shootings are front page news here. Like you, we had weeks of coverage re: the Vegas shooting. I read about the shooter, his house, his arsenal, his local gun shop, his girlfriend, his brother....I even saw the sheriff's press conference. Those weeks were very educational because I had never heard of a bump stock before. Invented and made in the USA......what mum wouldn't be proud.

Learnt nothing about anyone who was shot. Not a single thing, victims are clearly irrelevant. Thoughts and prayers.....yeah, if it weren't so sad you'd laugh.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed and on the court soon enough. He loves guns, he'll sort that little problem out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Ahahahahahhaa!!!

Thoughts and prayers, mate. Don't forget to say that your thoughts and prayers are with him!!

Your rental truck story reminds me of the goat joke. Twenty or thirty years ago you had a few trucks explode.....WTC and the FBI building. You have one mass shooting EVERY SINGLE DAY.

A mass shooting is four shot (minus the shooter). 273 so far this year, but who cares. Here is the goat joke:

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
This thread was never about shoes.

I didn't start the gun conversation, I just joined in....but it is sorta relevant to the thread topic (ie: protest about police shootings).

Happy to start a bump stock thread if you like? Maybe one on the Supreme Court? Abortion? My extreme dislike of religion (having attended a Catholic school)....

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Big freakin' deal. The NRA is open to talk about regulation of bump stocks. You think that's going to make a big dent? Want a safe society? Do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the opposite of the NRA. They're a delusion spewing cult who have their interests in mind. They should be dissolved. Yes, mass killings are tragic and are the most lethal with a gun. And those incidents happen over and over and over in one 1st world country exponentially more than any other; the United States. The one country that hides behind an amendment written in 1791 based on forming a militia. It's been manipulated by paranoid, delusional gun lovers to fit into a society where it does one thing, keep us at #1 for mass shootings and gun homicides. Thinking/believing anything to the contrary is denial in its purest form.

The only time most people wake up to the real danger of guns in our society is when they are wounded or they lose a loved one to another senseless shooting. Until then, nobody really cares. Only when the USA grows a pair and initiates laws like Japan and Australia where getting your hands on gun is damn difficult (instead of ridiculously simple), nothing will change. Thoughts and Prayers......great strategy.

If it wasn't legal for someone in Nevada (or any other state) to purchase 31 AR-15s (bumpstock or not), my 42yr old neighbor would maybe be around today. Instead she got a bullet to the head while listening to music at a concert. 31 AR-15s.....don't want to infringe on someone's rights now do we? We know what's more important to Congress and the NRA.
This extremist rhetoric does a good job of exciting people who can't think for themselves, but the truth of the matter is knives, bats, hands, and feet kill far more people in the United States every year than all rifles combined, let alone ar15s.

If you are really interested in saving lives, work on banning cars, or shitty drivers, which killed 40,000 people last year (about 3x more than guns) and injured somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million.

Where's the dramatic outcry over those deaths and injuries? Are they somehow less tragic? Less worthy of being prevented?

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
This extremist rhetoric does a good job of exciting people who can't think for themselves, but the truth of the matter is knives, bats, hands, and feet kill far more people in the United States every year than all rifles combined, let alone ar15s.

If you are really interested in saving lives, work on banning cars, or shitty drivers, which killed 40,000 people last year (about 3x more than guns) and injured somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million.

Where's the dramatic outcry over those deaths and injuries? Are they somehow less tragic? Less worthy of being prevented?
Ahh yeah, out rolls the good ol' second amendment huggers argument. Cars kill more than guns.

You know what kills more than cars? Heart disease. Maybe we should ban heart production. Do gun lovers even have a heart?

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Ahh yeah, out rolls the good ol' second amendment huggers argument. Cars kill more than guns.

You know what kills more than cars? Heart disease. Maybe we should ban heart production. Do gun lovers even have a heart?
Typical extremist rhetoric. Completely ignoring the point and continuing with their nonsensical drivle.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Typical extremist rhetoric. Completely ignoring the point and continuing with their nonsensical drivle.
Don't use big words like rhetoric and nonsensical and then misspell drivel. We pedantic snowflake liberals know that words can hurt, and that one hurts my eyes.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Lmao, get rid of the guns and everything will be better. For all of those who think that way including Obama and Australia goggle ā€œ Australia crimeā€ and read up on what the gun ban did for them. Yes gun related crimes went down but violent crime went up etc etc. Iā€™d also like to extend my thoughts and prayers that you never have to set foot on American soil and also extend those same thoughts and prayers to those who donā€™t like it here that they find their way to another country, like yours. I would also like to say for myself and quite a few others we appreciate your concern for our great country but we will be ok. So feel free to go back to your normal life and really we will be ok.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Don't use big words like rhetoric and nonsensical and then misspell drivel. We pedantic snowflake liberals know that words can hurt, and that one hurts my eyes.
Polite, secure, people refrain from correcting others' grammar and spelling mistakes, especially when the message is easily understood. It's generally considered rude, and in poor taste, unless you're a teacher or parent in the appropriate setting. If it really bothers you so, you should probably avoid newspapers, magazines, and, especially, the internet.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
You know what's rude and in poor taste?

People who know for a fact that Kaepernick is taking a knee to protest police violence against black Americans, but ignore that and claim he's instead disrespecting the military.

That's rude.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8

People with IQs in the 20a like yourself should be banned from voting. Typical stupid redneck. What a disgrace

ā€˜Murica!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Lmao, get rid of the guns and everything will be better. For all of those who think that way including Obama and Australia goggle ā€œ Australia crimeā€ and read up on what the gun ban did for them. Yes gun related crimes went down but violent crime went up etc etc. Iā€™d also like to extend my thoughts and prayers that you never have to set foot on American soil and also extend those same thoughts and prayers to those who donā€™t like it here that they find their way to another country, like yours. I would also like to say for myself and quite a few others we appreciate your concern for our great country but we will be ok. So feel free to go back to your normal life and really we will be ok.
You keep going through life delusional and ignorant. Unfortunately, idiots like yourselves only realize the problem when they get close to the violence and see how their gun does nothing. Until then youā€™re just part of the problem.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
People with IQs in the 20a like yourself should be banned from voting. Typical stupid redneck. What a disgrace

ā€˜Murica!
You grabbed the wrong end of the stick bud, I'm in your anti-gun camp. Not eligible for redneck status, wrong continent. Can't be banned from voting, it's compulsory.

Stay classy San Diego (bought a few old cars from there :)). 'Murica!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The rest of the world was shocked when the US people elected an moronic, lying, racist, reality TV hairdo in 2016. We thought "WTF is wrong over there?"

It recently became clearer to me when I read of a US federal survey that said 40% of US adults couldn't lay their hands on $400 in an emergency. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/fed...-adults-cant-cover-400-emergency-expense.html .

When half the people in the worlds biggest economy are that poor, you know the place is seriously screwed up. Little wonder you swallowed the Kool-Aid that the ginger whinger served up. You said you feel lucky....I guess you are one of the ones with some extra cash. Goodonya.
Well, after the corrupt government and media worked so hard to destroy the TEA party, Americans were trying to find someone outside our political system. The Rs and Ds have failed the American voter, and many of us want nothing to do with either party.

I voted for Trump mostly because he was an outsider. I didn't think he would be nearly as great in office as he has shown to be. Such a hard worker and he is doing things to help the American people rather than just working to line his own pockets like most politicians do. No wonder there is such a huge effort by the corrupt main stream to destroy him. They realize he can't be bought, so it's their only path to continued power. They are deathly afraid that the voting public will see through their BS and elect more people like Trump.

I don't think the 40% of people you are talking about are Trump voters, so I don't think that really makes your point. Can you try again to come up with something that will hit home insulting Trump voters?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.