Jacking rail?

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
How far past the edge of the pinch seam do the steed rails extend? 1/16", 1/8" etc?

I want to protect my pinch weld from ever touching a jack or stand so it doesn't chip the pain or show wear,

is there a specific model rail which extends fully past the lower edge of the seam so the rail is the only point of contact?
Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I have the Steeda versions and for me it was a value add, even with the extra weight.

My car has the rocker splitters, which makes it extra low and even harder to find a jacking point as the they get in the way of the weld points. Plus I like the extra surface area you get over the weld points.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I also have the Steeda jacking rails, as others have said, def not a necessity, but I'm very happy with them and would purchase them again. It's nice being able to jack up one side of the car from the center, with more surface area, and not destroying the pinch welds or having to look for the correct spot.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Steeda ftw

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How far past the edge of the pinch seam do the steed rails extend? 1/16", 1/8" etc?

I want to protect my pinch weld from ever touching a jack or stand so it doesn't chip the pain or show wear,

is there a specific model rail which extends fully past the lower edge of the seam so the rail is the only point of contact?
Check out post #10. Steeda posted that info.

Sponsored

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Check out post #10. Steeda posted that info.
designing those to set below, and not extend past the pinch weld is poor engineering. Why not make it fully functional and the only point of contact in the process?
Illogical. You want to have people inset their jack or stand and avoid the walls that way or still use the weld as a point of contact. One still creates the same wear and the other decreases stability in the jacking process. 🤦🏼‍♂️

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Chris,

Our R&D, Engineers did a fantastic job designing the Steeda jacking rails - we have sold 1000s of the jacking rails across multiple platforms, & as mentioned above, many customers are very happy with the results - from fit to finish - these have been nothing short of awesome for our Steeda Customers.

We designed them for multiple reasons but the biggest reason is to work with the IRS Subframe Braces. That is why they don't extend further past where they mount.

As you can see, there are plenty of spots along the jacking rails to set the jack stands & to distribute the weight accordingly -

1659359075552.png

1659359105450.png

This video offers a little more feedback around the :35 mark:

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Customers indicated they wanted a longer jacking rail to put their jacks further apart ... so we had the shorter one & then developed a longer one. As you can see by the photo - they don't need to be too far apart to be effective.

Both are engineered & designed to work with our IRS braces.

You can beef them up with sealant or rust-proof them - in harsher climates, that is always a valuable next step. Here is some feedback from another thread:

"There are two (2) version & here is the benefit of both:

The “jackable” length has increased by approximately almost 15” (14-7/8”) which is over 40% longer than the original version.

They are both great options ... the 555-5205 have stronger mounting flanges and are more robust for heavier and repeated use. "

1659282539853.png
So for a service use and track every no and then, the shorter ones are a better choice than the longer, but weaker ones?
also when I order them do I add that you helped me somewhere on the order page?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So for a service use and track every no and then, the shorter ones are a better choice than the longer, but weaker ones?
also when I order them do I add that you helped me somewhere on the order page?
Yes - that is correct based on our testing & repeated use at the track - those are the ones you should purchase.

Don't like the word, weaker :) but yes, better choice than the longer & not as reinforced jacking rails.

You can mention my name - they may charge you more, lol. You still qualify for the 10% savings on the jacking rails as part of our Mustang Week Sale ... so get your order in!

Best Regards,

TJ

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
I've heard that the jacking rails eventually rust and almost weld themselves to the underside of the car.
Anyone experienced anything similar?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've heard that the jacking rails eventually rust and almost weld themselves to the underside of the car.
Anyone experienced anything similar?
I just took mine off my 2016 so I can put them on my 2022 when it arrives. I drive mine year round with road salt and such and the powder coat has held up well. Had no issue getting them off the car either.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The rails are coated materials and have plugs over the access ports to keep everything sealed.

No concerns here.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oftentimes, in harsher climates, there are instances where surface rust can develop. We do recommend wiping them with a rag soaked in WD-40 before, and a couple of times during the winter to protect them from road salt.

https://www.steeda.com/steedas-strongest-powder-coat

With our newest changes to our powder coating, we have landed an even higher rating for quality and durability than ever before. Our Engineering & Manufacturing Teams are always looking for ways to improve.

When we sent out some of our powder-coated parts to get salt spray tested to ensure long-term durability and reliability, we received higher results than we had expected.

They came back with a 9 out of 10 rating after 750 hours of direct salt spray testing, landing higher than the industry standard of 6 out of 10. With this high rating, we are proud to announce that Steeda’s powder coating is the strongest it has ever been!

Let me know if I can help assist further!

Thank you,

TJ

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am running the Steeda jacking rails on my 18 GT convertible. Originally bought for chassis stiffness and jacking flexibility but also found that they provide protection from high arch drive ways. Had a couple of instances where high arch over hits on bottom of car. Jacking rails take the hit/scrape with no visible damage. Worth every $$.

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Oftentimes, in harsher climates, there are instances where surface rust can develop. We do recommend wiping them with a rag soaked in WD-40 before, and a couple of times during the winter to protect them from road salt.

https://www.steeda.com/steedas-strongest-powder-coat

With our newest changes to our powder coating, we have landed an even higher rating for quality and durability than ever before. Our Engineering & Manufacturing Teams are always looking for ways to improve.

When we sent out some of our powder-coated parts to get salt spray tested to ensure long-term durability and reliability, we received higher results than we had expected.

They came back with a 9 out of 10 rating after 750 hours of direct salt spray testing, landing higher than the industry standard of 6 out of 10. With this high rating, we are proud to announce that Steeda’s powder coating is the strongest it has ever been!

Let me know if I can help assist further!

Thank you,

TJ
Vehicle will not see winter snow road salt. as soon as the snow falls OR they use road salt. it gets parked.
I learned long ago, it is cheaper in the long run to have a winter only vehicle that can also be used as a back up when your good weather daily is being serviced. The RMV fee's and road taxes are well worth it.
So I drive a nice winter vehicle that value is now spit because of age. 20 years old and 94k on the clock. but book value is 2000 trade in. lol Well maybe more the last year, but point being it saves the vehicle you care about.
Sponsored