FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a quick Jack brand new in boxes sitting in a box in garage never opened in my gf’s grandpas house

Guess they’ve been there like 5 years never opened. I’ve been debating on offering but she said he’s a hoarder and will never sell anything
Sponsored

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have 4 of these jack stands
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...Vch9CGPcQzMYXHtsSEMaAk3GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have this jack
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton...ssional-rapid-pump-floor-jack-blue-56641.html

I have these ramps
https://www.raceramps.com/ramps/p/rr-72-2/

I will no longer put a price on safety. I did when I was younger but no more. I feel completely safe with the tools I currently have

Don
Do you think my lowered 1.125 inch steeda progressive springs and California splitter would get on that just fine?

Do they make a solid one piece equal in length or longer? I’ve tried to look them up but kept finding a bunch of variants.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Do you think my lowered 1.125 inch steeda progressive springs and California splitter would get on that just fine?

Do they make a solid one piece equal in length or longer? I’ve tried to look them up but kept finding a bunch of variants.
I am assuming you are asking about the Race Ramps? I would think you are okay. The length of the ramps lessen the angle greatly. I also have an old set of Rhino Ramps. They are only 6 inches tall but pretty short in length. The Mustang hits on them so no good. The Race Ramps are 10 inches tall but way longer. I have plenty of extra room before hitting. I am at stock height though. Race Ramps does have one piece models that are cheaper but I went two piece as storing 6 foot long ramps would be a bitch. I think they sell a 7 or 8 foot long ramp also

Don

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am assuming you are asking about the Race Ramps? I would think you are okay. The length of the ramps lessen the angle greatly. I also have an old set of Rhino Ramps. They are only 6 inches tall but pretty short in length. The Mustang hits on them so no good. The Race Ramps are 10 inches tall but way longer. I have plenty of extra room before hitting. I am at stock height though. Race Ramps does have one piece models that are cheaper but I went two piece as storing 6 foot long ramps would be a bitch. I think they sell a 7 or 8 foot long ramp also

Don
Do you think I can drill
Holes in the bottoms of them? I can hang 6 feet versions of my wall if I can make holes for something to hold them into.

Are they hollow or solid? I have rhino ramps, worked great til I got lowered,
Not a chance now and more so with the large cali splitter

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
If I was planning on staying in my current house longer, I'd simply have a pit built in my garage. I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to build me one of these

66280118-the-hole-in-car-garage-for-car-repair.jpg

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
If I was planning on staying in my current house longer, I'd simply have a pit built in my garage. I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to build me one of these

A lift is less $$ and trouble but you have to have the ceiling height for it.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’d want a metal slider piece that can support someone but also seal it off. Would be neat.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
There is a reason that most areas do not allow pits anymore. Carbon monoxide settles in them, they fill with it creating a deadly situation.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
There is a reason that most areas do not allow pits anymore. Carbon monoxide settles in them, they fill with it creating a deadly situation.
A CO alarm would solve that problem.

I think a pit would be cool.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus

That's actually an awesome idea. Here in Oklahoma it could also be used as a storm shelter if set up correctly.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Can you just use leaf blower and blow the carbon monoxide out of the hole?