rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was involved in a similiar wreck in Sept of 18, three level neck surgery in Nov of 20. Still being treated, advise you to get a good lawyer like yesterday. I'm still in the legal process.

20180926_121946.jpg

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Your herniated discs are going to stay with you and effect you for the rest of your life.
Your settlement should too.
You need to contact an attorney NOW, and stop posting/delete everything about this NOW. The other sides attorney/investigator will absolutely deep-dive into your online activity when a settlement gets deep into the 6 figures or low 7 figures.
Good luck. Hope you can recover from this.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hmmm... if he’s in the right, and he has only said what he has said, why should he delete this post? How can the limited amount of info he has shared, which appears to be very neutral, be used against him?

Me thinks people shouldn’t scare him to exile but rather help him, of which we have done.

OP, your herniated discs may not be with you forever, as you may get a discectomy, and a subsequent fusion, IF that is what your doc recommends and you surrender to. That being said, cover yourself for your injuries with a solid case through a solid attorney.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Hmmm... if he’s in the right, and he has only said what he has said, why should he delete this post? How can the limited amount of info he has shared, which appears to be very neutral, be used against him?

Me thinks people shouldn’t scare him to exile but rather help him, of which we have done.

OP, your herniated discs may not be with you forever, as you may get a discectomy, and a subsequent fusion, IF that is what your doc recommends and you surrender to. That being said, cover yourself for your injuries with a solid case through a solid attorney.

I agree. I dont think the OP did not say anything that would hurt any legal actions. If anything, he said he herniated his discs. While I do agree that some social media postings can hurt, the post so far doesn't seem too bad.

If you got rear-ended, isn't it like 100% the other person's fault? It was in NJ years (over 15 yrs ago) ago. And I didn't even call my own insurance. I canned the other person's insurance and lost my @#$% on them, and they paid for market value for my car (loaded, 2 year old pathfinder). After they gave me my offer, I called them back up and complained on how I can't find a comparable car with comp. options, and mileage for the price. They asked for three examples and after I sent them, they gave me a much higher payout. I didn't have to worry about deductible or anything.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

It's just how you're not supposed to talk to the police by yourself. Sure it sounds like he's in the right so far but if he ends up posting something that could be interpreted in a way that he's at fault or faking or anything similar to that it will end up hurting him.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's just how you're not supposed to talk to the police by yourself. Sure it sounds like he's in the right so far but if he ends up posting something that could be interpreted in a way that he's at fault or faking or anything similar to that it will end up hurting him.
Yes, exactly. The first thing a lawyer will tell you is shut up. That included social media.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Please do not be Macho Man. Your description of the accident indicates more injuries than you are describing. You're still in shock and haven't felt them yet. But you will, I promise. Do not take this lightly.
Yeah, you better take this advice. I had the misfortune to be driving wifeys Titan XD. Dang 2005 Taurus decided it liked my lane better and sideswiped me so hard it set off the side curtain air bag. A few days later I was sore as $#$% on my left side from the bag, along with a nasty red/purple stripe that showed up about the same time. Get yourself completely checked out. Dont sign anything the other driver's insurance puts in front of you without checking w a lawyer first.

OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
No, that is not gap insurance.
Gap insurance is a rider, or maybe a separate policy, with the people who insure your car. It has nothing to do with what the dealer is/ was trying to sell you.
Gap insurance is a policy that pays you for the difference in the value of your car and any remaining loan balance. That is in case your cars value has depreciated to less than what you still owe so the loan is completely paid off.
Yeah, but in florida you can buy gap coverag
not 100% accurate... Yes, we are not gonna do anything about the process he needs to start now, BUT, we can provide the customer copy of his paperwork in case he lost his copies... YES, we can sell the gap and the extended warranty, it doesn't have to come from the lender... some banks have their own warranty/gaps, some banks give you the extra money in the back end for us to sell our products.

So, yeah... the dealership can give you copy of your gap contract without any issues.... actually, any paper you signed.

OP, i see you are in Jax.... where was the accident? 295?
It was right on merril road

Sponsored
OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
OP, accidents surely suck!
It's unfortunate that you were hurt and I second what everyone else has said. Your first concern should be your health both immediate and long term.
The thing is, you're the victim in this and your insurance should have very little to do with it. You were at no fault and deserve to be made whole again. Both with the car and your health and medical expenses. The other guys insurance is going to try to pay you the absolute minimum amount they can get away with. That's why you need a lawyer to watch out for your interests.
Get a lawyer! You will eventually come out of this ok.
Yeah really. The first day, the offered 2k immediately and I just said no. So I'm contacting a lawyer on Monday. I'm not filling any of the paperwork out until they tell me what to do next

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah, I'm mostly upset about the car because I wasn't hurt too bad. My seat broke from the impact lmao, which is what I think messed up the disc's. I'm just worried I won't get enough to even pay off the loan for the car because I just got it. I'm planning to talk to a lawyer in Monday to see what the next steps are. The cars currently in the tow yard. And the guy behind me was fine. He was in a big old 2001 dodge Ram 1500.
get yourself checked out and do not be so quick to wave off that you are not hurt too bad. accidents like this can lead to damage that does not show up until years later. I have a couple friends who were in serious accidents and felt no pain in the beginning but both years later had to have back surgery on discs.

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I agree, sadly all too often who is in the right depends on who has the better lawer. Nothing is cut and dried, getting rear ended even with a witness telling the truth won't guarantee justice will be done for the guy who got rear ended.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damn man, sorry this happened to you. I just got into an accident myself, albeit several magnitudes of severity lower than yours. Glad you are alright. Do as other ppl have suggested and lawyer up, you definitely have a hell of a case. Keep us posted, interested to see what new ride the settlement funds put you in ;)

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Question: If someone (a 9 year old kid, for example) was in the backseat would they have survived this wreck? I can't exactly tell from the pics the damage to the rear seat occupancy cabin...I take my kids in the back of my car all the time...
Sponsored