It's a sad day

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Question: If someone (a 9 year old kid, for example) was in the backseat would they have survived this wreck? I can't exactly tell from the pics the damage to the rear seat occupancy cabin...I take my kids in the back of my car all the time...
OP said his front seat broke from the impact leading to his back injury. I’m thinking that anyone in the back seat would have sustained more serious injuries.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Question: If someone (a 9 year old kid, for example) was in the backseat would they have survived this wreck? I can't exactly tell from the pics the damage to the rear seat occupancy cabin...I take my kids in the back of my car all the time...
Uhh, they probably would have been knocked around. Luckily the damage didn't get very far into the cabin itself. I was still pretty rattled but it seemed like it was mostly my chair braking. Now, anything in the truck though, that would have been tinfoil too

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Wow what an impact that had to have been! Hope all goes well for you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
About two days ago my very first mustang got totaled, after less than two months of ownership. To say I'm sad is a bit of an understatement. I fucking loved that car. 2019 mustang gt. I want to get another but I barely was able to get the loan for this one, so its going to be months before I can get another.

20210331_165505.jpg

20210331_175019.jpg
Wow glad you came out of that ok (relatively speaking).

If the person who hit you was going 50..... check out your picture and the speed limit sign; make sure you keep it too. You have a good suit going for yourself...

Was the person ticketed with excessive speed as well? Because even if they hit you at 30, it wouldn’t cause that much extensive damage in your pics.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

If the person who hit you was going 50..... check out your picture and the speed limit sign; make sure you keep it too. You have a good suit going for yourself...

Was the person ticketed with excessive speed as well? Because even if they hit you at 30, it wouldn’t cause that much extensive damage in your pics.
My guess is this pic was taken after towing, as the scene is clear of debris, LE cars and that looks like the tow truck to the right of the pic.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your situation is just like my wife's. Bought a brand new VW Passat back in 2019. Had it less then 2 months. Was at a dead stop at a light when a drunk driver just plowed into the back of her with his Dodge Ram. Looked practically just like your pic and her seat broke too. State cop said if anyone was in the back they would have been killed. Glad you're ok.

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
Glad you weren't killed, or BBQ'd in a fire. Your Mustang crumple design may have saved your live. As has been said above, I'd be getting a personal injury lawyer, and sue the crasher and his insurance company. I's also get to a spine surgeon for an evaluation, CAT Scan, MRI, whatever the surgeon calls for. If you were in LA, I could tell you where to go.

OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

No, he just got a written warning. And 50 was an estimate, I think the speed limit for that road is 45.

My guess is this pic was taken after towing, as the scene is clear of debris, LE cars and that looks like the tow truck to the right of the pic.
The truck on the side there is actually the one that hit me. We both were able to pull off the main road onto that side street. It happened about 15 feet before it

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No, he just got a written warning. And 50 was an estimate, I think the speed limit for that road is 45.

The truck on the side there is actually the one that hit me. We both were able to pull off the main road onto that side street. It happened about 15 feet before it
Wow. My apologies then. Say no more then and let’s keep this exclusively free from legal speculation of interpolation. But, if that was indeed a 30mph zone.... I’d hate to be that Dodge driver.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The OP lives in Jacksonville, home of a Mayo Clinic. Arguably one of the premier neuro centers in the country.
OP, I'd like to reiterate not to take your spinal injury lightly. See as highly rated/recommended neurologist/neurosurgeon as you possibly can. You may be one of the lucky ones who can obtain a great/full recovery but, make no mistake, it's very possible that you will have some lingering issue years and years down the road.
Look at my user name, I work with a dozen or so neurosurgeons weekly in an excellent hospital and see first hand the successes and the unfortunate ones who have to have, sometimes multiple, repeat procedures.
I'm not trying to frighten you, just impress how important it is to get good care and follow their advice.
Good luck

Sponsored
OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The OP lives in Jacksonville, home of a Mayo Clinic. Arguably one of the premier neuro centers in the country.
OP, I'd like to reiterate not to take your spinal injury lightly. See as highly rated/recommended neurologist/neurosurgeon as you possibly can. You may be one of the lucky ones who can obtain a great/full recovery but, make no mistake, it's very possible that you will have some lingering issue years and years down the road.
Look at my user name, I work with a dozen or so neurosurgeons weekly in an excellent hospital and see first hand the successes and the unfortunate ones who have to have, sometimes multiple, repeat procedures.
I'm not trying to frighten you, just impress how important it is to get good care and follow their advice.
Good luck
I do appreciate all the advice. I'm planning to talk to a lawyer tomorrow, as well as a repeat with the doctor to see what he recommends. He's getting the CT scan that was done at the ER, so he'll definitely have a recommendation once he can see the disc's. And he said right off the bat that it's going to be a life long injury, unfortunately. We should be able to lessen the pain over the next 12-18 months, but its not going away

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
too bad it wasn't a commercial truck, you could be getting big bucks.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
You should be getting some $$ out of that. .

Get a lawyer.
Actually, you should be getting $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of that.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
About two days ago my very first mustang got totaled, after less than two months of ownership. To say I'm sad is a bit of an understatement. I fucking loved that car. 2019 mustang gt. I want to get another but I barely was able to get the loan for this one, so its going to be months before I can get another.

20210331_165505.jpg
Damn! If you have a dash-cam with rear camera post the video.
Sponsored