It's a sad day

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Wow that’s a huge impact! glad you are able to talk about it, get well soon!
Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
back pain is forever. be smart about your settlement. that was a hell of an impact

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
In 2005, I had bought my very first brand new car ever, a 2005 Mazda 3S with a 5 speed. I was on Highway 87 in San Jose when a Corolla didn't see that we had stopped and totaled my car that I had for only 3 months. It compressed my C4 and C5 in my neck and I have permanent pain and sometimes weakness in my right arm. I had to use a personal injury attorney and I recovered all the cost of my car as well as damages for my injuries. I had no idea though how much worse they would get. I am not staring down the same kind of surgery that Peyton Manning went through. Hire an attorney now.

craigssfifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS Fifty Anniversary Convertible
I think I did, but I honestly forget. I got two warranties, and I'm pretty sure gap was one of them. I have to call the dealership Monday
I got T-boned by an SUV that ran a red light and had back/neck issues that I went to therapy for 6 months. Payout for the car and lawsuit was enough to get a new Corvette back in 2003. Car was paid off at the time though. Just be careful if you sue because some insurance companies hire investigators to keep an eye on you to be sure you are injured so no Gym or sports so sometimes it's better to settle with them quickly.

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
This is premature but if it’s really bad put off surgery as long as possible. Try everything else first and be certain it’s the right course of action to take. I’m a retired fire fighter and in my 25th year severely blew out several lumbar disks. I was lucky and had a very successful surgery but I know a couple guys who are permanently disabled even after surgery.

Sponsored

craigssfifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS Fifty Anniversary Convertible
This is premature but if it’s really bad put off surgery as long as possible. Try everything else first and be certain it’s the right course of action to take. I’m a retired fire fighter and in my 25th year severely blew out several lumbar disks. I was lucky and had a very successful surgery but I know a couple guys who are permanently disabled even after surgery.
This is so true. Back surgery is not a good option in most cases. Therapy, Chiropractor and then core strengthening often helps.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
In 2005, I had bought my very first brand new car ever, a 2005 Mazda 3S with a 5 speed. I was on Highway 87 in San Jose when a Corolla didn't see that we had stopped and totaled my car that I had for only 3 months. It compressed my C4 and C5 in my neck and I have permanent pain and sometimes weakness in my right arm. I had to use a personal injury attorney and I recovered all the cost of my car as well as damages for my injuries. I had no idea though how much worse they would get. I am not staring down the same kind of surgery that Peyton Manning went through. Hire an attorney now.
I had three level ACDF done in Nov of 2020, 14 month after my rear end wreck. Still doing pt and trigger Point injections.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Chiropractors can’t help herniated discs.
Actually they can. My wife has been under chiropractic care for more than 40 years and has a number of bad discs. Orthopods have wanted to do surgery for many years but knowing the risks my wife is determined not to go down that road.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Actually they can. My wife has been under chiropractic care for more than 40 years and has a number of bad discs. Orthopods have wanted to do surgery for many years but knowing the risks my wife is determined not to go down that road.
This is EXACTLY the reason why I told the OP not to take medical advice from here.

First of all, if you understood acute vs chronic disc disease you’d know that the OP possibly has acutely herniated discs, of which may require surgery. If a neurosurgeon (many physicians prefer neurosurgeons over orthos due to nerve-related encroachment or injury, especially when the spinal canal is involved), through a thorough exam and review of films, feels the case doesn’t indicate the acute need for surgery, rehab and medications will be prescribed. Traction helps, which a physical therapist can do all day long. I don’t know any neurosurgeon or orthopedic who would push a patient with an acute herniation to a chiropractor for the simple fact that chiropractic manipulation may harm the nerve(s) involved.

In chronic disc disease, where dessicated discs or where there has been adequate time from injury to manipulation, a chiropractor may help, but again, good physical therapists can manage this as well.

Just cause your wife gets help from a chiropractor for her no-doubt different disease state, does not imply that the OP will and is bad form to compare the two and recommend what you don’t know.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This is EXACTLY the reason why I told the OP not to take medical advice from here.

First of all, if you understood acute vs chronic disc disease you’d know that the OP possibly has acutely herniated discs, of which may require surgery. If a neurosurgeon (many physicians prefer neurosurgeons over orthos due to nerve-related encroachment or injury, especially when the spinal canal is involved), through a thorough exam and review of films, feels the case doesn’t indicate the acute need for surgery, rehab and medications will be prescribed. Traction helps, which a physical therapist can do all day long. I don’t know any neurosurgeon or orthopedic who would push a patient with an acute herniation to a chiropractor for the simple fact that chiropractic manipulation may harm the nerve(s) involved.

In chronic disc disease, where dessicated discs or where there has been adequate time from injury to manipulation, a chiropractor may help, but again, good physical therapists can manage this as well.

Just cause your wife gets help from a chiropractor for her no-doubt different disease state, does imply that the OP will and is bad form to compare the two and recommend what you don’t know.
Actually I wasn’t giving medical advise. I was just commenting on your blanket statement. I do not disagree with you but feel Noab needs to explore all options and not discount any at this point.

My wife is in the medical field and has worked for both chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractors tend to feel they can fix anything and surgeons, well they just want to do surgery.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Actually I wasn’t giving medical advise. I was just commenting on your blanket statement. I do not disagree with you but feel Noab needs to explore all options and not discount any at this point.

My wife is in the medical field and has worked for both chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractors tend to feel they can fix anything and surgeons, well they just want to do surgery.
Well, I am a physician married to a neurosurgeon. My blanket statement was not said in jest.

A chiropractor does nothing to help a disc. Once a disc is herniated or dessicated, it’s time to consider whether that disc is good to leave there or not, and I don’t know of any chiropractors, including the two good chiropractor friends of mine, who have been trained in discectomy procedures.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Well, I am a physician married to a neurosurgeon. My blanket statement was not said in jest.

A chiropractor does nothing to help a disc. Once a disc is herniated or dessicated, it’s time to consider whether that disc is good to leave there or not, and I don’t know of any chiropractors, including the two good chiropractor friends of mine, who have been trained in discectomy procedures.
Understood. I defer to someone who has far greater knowledge than I do. 👍

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You’re car should be replaced by the at-fault driver, and you should be able to get back into what you had prior to his/her fault.

2 herniated discs sounds like the car did a good job of soaking up the energy from the collision and yes, the fractured seat is a sign of just how bad this was. Their insurance should get you a new car.

Now... here’s the smart part. Their insurance will likely try to contact you immediately andask you to sign papers releasing them/their driver from any further medical liability. DON’T SIGN THOSE PAPERS!

Tell them you have ongoing medical issues you are getting attended and they’ll have to talk to your lawyer for a medical release. Your car should be the least of your concerns at this point, honestly.

Sue them! Let your lawyer work for him/her and for you. The more you get, the richer your lawyer gets and that helps you settle with something more substantial than a mess to clean up because someone was negligent.

Lastly, don’t take anyone’s medical advice on here. I’m a physician and getting a head-to-toe scan does nothing for your case. Go to a physician, tell them you hurt all over. See the neurosurgeon since you have herniated discs. If they recommend physical therapy, do it for the sake of building a helluva good case. Hell, if you have a PTSD-like adjustment disorder from it (constantly looking in the rear view mirrors) ask your doc should you see a therapist for that too!

Seriously, sue these people and get something back for your loss... don’t just settle!
This. So much this.

OP: As someone who has clobbered a deer at highway speed on a motorcycle, lived to tell about it, and live with back issues constantly since, take your injuries very seriously.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I think I did, but I honestly forget. I got two warranties, and I'm pretty sure gap was one of them. I have to call the dealership Monday
Well cancel those two warranties and get your money back immediately. Why'd you even get them on a 2019?

Sorry about the car, hope you feel better and get it sorted.
Sponsored