NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think I did, but I honestly forget. I got two warranties, and I'm pretty sure gap was one of them. I have to call the dealership Monday.
Whoa...whoa there buddy.

Don't call your dealership. The GAP insurance is through either your insurance company, or your lender. Call them, leave your dealership out of this.
Sponsored

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I think I did, but I honestly forget. I got two warranties, and I'm pretty sure gap was one of them. I have to call the dealership Monday

If you got gap you should brake even at least on this car. Get a lawyer to work on getting you a new one or at least a nice down payment on one.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
Got two herniated disc's, so I gotta figure that stuff out.
Very sorry this happened to you. Best of luck with your recovery.

If these herniated discs are new - or possibly worsened by the accident - it seems reasonable to get a lawyer involved.

At least try to keep meticulous records of your medical results, missed time at work, correspondences with auto and health insurance companies, etc.

Last thing you want is to have long term back/health issues down the road - that are not treated, covered or compensated.

OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Whoa...whoa there buddy.

Don't call your dealership. The GAP insurance is through either your insurance company, or your lender. Call them, leave your dealership out of this.
This was my first car that I've gotten from a dealership. When you go to the finance office, and they talk about the warranties and all that crap in the back, is that not when gap is offered?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Dude, turn this all over to a lawyer... They will handle it all and make sure you have all your medical bills paid and the car is taken care of. You should get a rental from the other guys insurance co. Don't drive on the pain meds and muscle relaxants- goes without saying, but... Hope your recovery is quick!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This was my first car that I've gotten from a dealership. When you go to the finance office, and they talk about the warranties and all that crap in the back, is that not when gap is offered?
Yes, but it's not like the dealership is the insurance or lending institution. You need to find your paper-work, read it front to back, and contact the correct companies. All the information should be in there.

The dealership is just sales folks, not support.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Glad you are relatively all right. Hope you're back in the saddle before too long.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
No, that is not gap insurance.
Gap insurance is a rider, or maybe a separate policy, with the people who insure your car. It has nothing to do with what the dealer is/ was trying to sell you.
Gap insurance is a policy that pays you for the difference in the value of your car and any remaining loan balance. That is in case your cars value has depreciated to less than what you still owe so the loan is completely paid off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No, that is not gap insurance.
Gap insurance is a rider, or maybe a separate policy, with the people who insure your car. It has nothing to do with what the dealer is/ was trying to sell you.
Gap insurance is a policy that pays you for the difference in the value of your car and any remaining loan balance. That is in case your cars value has depreciated to less than what you still owe so the loan is completely paid off.
His dealership may very well have sold him GAP insurance. It could be part of the vehicle loan, could be through his insurance company, could be through a 3rd party.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Yes, but it's not like the dealership is the insurance or lending institution. You need to find your paper-work, read it front to back, and contact the correct companies. All the information should be in there.

The dealership is just sales folks, not support.
not 100% accurate... Yes, we are not gonna do anything about the process he needs to start now, BUT, we can provide the customer copy of his paperwork in case he lost his copies... YES, we can sell the gap and the extended warranty, it doesn't have to come from the lender... some banks have their own warranty/gaps, some banks give you the extra money in the back end for us to sell our products.

So, yeah... the dealership can give you copy of your gap contract without any issues.... actually, any paper you signed.

OP, i see you are in Jax.... where was the accident? 295?

Sponsored

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Sorry to hear! I'm sure the dealer sold you gap and sometimes if the financed it through a Credit union you get an additional $1k towards the next car. Hopefully they did, they always add lots if extra crap to uninformed buyers and in this case it may help you out.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
OP, accidents surely suck!
It's unfortunate that you were hurt and I second what everyone else has said. Your first concern should be your health both immediate and long term.
The thing is, you're the victim in this and your insurance should have very little to do with it. You were at no fault and deserve to be made whole again. Both with the car and your health and medical expenses. The other guys insurance is going to try to pay you the absolute minimum amount they can get away with. That's why you need a lawyer to watch out for your interests.
Get a lawyer! You will eventually come out of this ok.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Your car should be replaced by the at-fault driver, and you should be able to get back into what you had prior to his/her fault.

2 herniated discs sounds like the car did a good job of soaking up the energy from the collision and yes, the fractured seat is a sign of just how bad this was. Their insurance should get you a new car.

Now... here’s the smart part. Their insurance will likely try to contact you immediately andask you to sign papers releasing them/their driver from any further medical liability. DON’T SIGN THOSE PAPERS!

Tell them you have ongoing medical issues you are getting attended and they’ll have to talk to your lawyer for a medical release. Your car should be the least of your concerns at this point, honestly.

Sue them! Let your lawyer work for him/her and for you. The more you get, the richer your lawyer gets and that helps you settle with something more substantial than a mess to clean up because someone was negligent.

Lastly, don’t take anyone’s medical advice on here. I’m a physician and getting a head-to-toe scan does nothing for your case. Go to a physician, tell them you hurt all over. See the neurosurgeon since you have herniated discs. If they recommend physical therapy, do it for the sake of building a helluva good case. Hell, if you have a PTSD-like adjustment disorder from it (constantly looking in the rear view mirrors) ask your doc should you see a therapist for that too!

Seriously, sue these people and get something back for your loss... don’t just settle!

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You’re car should be replaced by the at-fault driver, and you should be able to get back into what you had prior to his/her fault.

2 herniated discs sounds like the car did a good job of soaking up the energy from the collision and yes, the fractured seat is a sign of just how bad this was. Their insurance should get you a new car.

Now... here’s the smart part. Their insurance will likely try to contact you immediately andask you to sign papers releasing them/their driver from any further medical liability. DON’T SIGN THOSE PAPERS!

Tell them you have ongoing medical issues you are getting attended and they’ll have to talk to your lawyer for a medical release. Your car should be the least of your concerns at this point, honestly.

Sue them! Let your lawyer work for him/her and for you. The more you get, the richer your lawyer gets and that helps you settle with something more substantial than a mess to clean up because someone was negligent.

Lastly, don’t take anyone’s medical advice on here. I’m a physician and getting a head-to-toe scan does nothing for your case. Go to a physician, tell them you hurt all over. See the neurosurgeon since you have herniated discs. If they recommend physical therapy, do it for the sake of building a helluva good case. Hell, if you have a PTSD-like adjustment disorder from it (constantly looking in the rear view mirrors) ask your doc should you see a therapist for that too!

Seriously, sue these people and get something back for your loss... don’t just settle!
I second this. He said it much better than I tried to.

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
Talk to an attorney. Then focus 100% on your injuries and health. Then get yourself another even better Mustang.

In that order đź‘Ť
Sponsored