It's a sad day

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wasn’t meant to be demeaning, just informative.
I totally get it. I did not take it that way. Bottom line is you have the experience and the knowledge. I just hope OP gets what he needs so that this accident doesn't cause him lifelong back problems.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I totally get it. I did not take it that way. Bottom line is you have the experience and the knowledge. I just hope OP gets what he needs so that this accident doesn't cause him lifelong back problems.
I hope he does too as his quality of life is of serious concern.

MagCoyote5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Magnetic(sold) '21 GT Prem PP1 MR G
I live in Jax also. Sorry this happened to you. Your insurance company is not your friend, their insurance is not your friend. Morgan & Morgan or Farah & Farah should become your very close acquaintances sooner rather than later. Get well and heal, let those guys (lawyer)work for you.

OP
OP
PseudoWombat

PseudoWombat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So I got that lawyer today, so I can't talk too much more about stuff. But I'm getting all the care that I need, physically speaking. No one has said yet, and I'm a bit curious. Do you guys think they'll total it out? I'm guessing yes, but I won't know for a few days. I just released the car to the insurance company based on what the lawyer said. Got some appointments set up now, and planning to get atleast another mri done, and possibly an xray. The general pain has been manageable, but the backs been getting slightly worse.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yes, that is absolutely totaled.
Sounds like you are on the right path.
Understand about your having to go radio silent.
Good luck to you and God bless.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, that is absolutely totaled.
Sounds like you are on the right path.
Understand about your having to go radio silent.
Good luck to you and God bless.
Same here. Please give us an update when you are able to.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So I got that lawyer today, so I can't talk too much more about stuff. But I'm getting all the care that I need, physically speaking. No one has said yet, and I'm a bit curious. Do you guys think they'll total it out? I'm guessing yes, but I won't know for a few days. I just released the car to the insurance company based on what the lawyer said. Got some appointments set up now, and planning to get atleast another mri done, and possibly an xray. The general pain has been manageable, but the backs been getting slightly worse.
Awesome. Praying for you man. That car is totaled by the way. Let your lawyer manage your claim... now take care of yourself. Godspeed.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, that is not gap insurance.
Gap insurance is a rider, or maybe a separate policy, with the people who insure your car. It has nothing to do with what the dealer is/ was trying to sell you.
Gap insurance is a policy that pays you for the difference in the value of your car and any remaining loan balance. That is in case your cars value has depreciated to less than what you still owe so the loan is completely paid off.
His dealership may very well have sold him GAP insurance. It could be part of the vehicle loan, could be through his insurance company, could be through a 3rd party.
not 100% accurate... Yes, we are not gonna do anything about the process he needs to start now, BUT, we can provide the customer copy of his paperwork in case he lost his copies... YES, we can sell the gap and the extended warranty, it doesn't have to come from the lender... some banks have their own warranty/gaps, some banks give you the extra money in the back end for us to sell our products.

So, yeah... the dealership can give you copy of your gap contract without any issues.... actually, any paper you signed.
This is the answer with GAP insurance. You can purchase GAP insurance with the purchase of the car and roll it into your auto loan. Also, my experience has been dealers offer competitive rates for GAP insurance as well. While they cannot start a claim, they can and will be glad to provide you the paperwork if requested so you can start the claim process.

1Pretzel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT Premium
Jax drivers are the worst! I was sideswiped on 3/16 on 295 by a Nissan switching lanes. He was in the right lane and came across two lanes to my left lane and slammed into me at 75 MPH. One month in the body shop, $5600 in damages, and one pissed off mama.

0BE7B9B7-6C36-40E9-B72B-3361F8A60223.jpeg

5E4FB761-B18F-419B-87A0-D47D24957EC3.jpeg

6959E8B2-48AB-4A0E-8E12-C433A98CCCED.jpeg

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Oh, I couldn't even open the drivers side door. I had to crawl out of the passengers side lol
Get a lawyer and I'd watch what you say on here as this is public info.

Glad overall you are ok. With your car so new, they should be paying you full value of it when it was new.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Yeah you'll get a new car, I wouldn't even see that as an issue or worry about it at this point. I'm just concerned about your back. Stuff may be ok initially but lifelong tweaks, pains and problems can come with stuff like that so I'd definitely be trying to get compensated for longterm and not just an initial treatment. And I agree with blwnsmoke, I wouldn't say too much. Even little stuff can be used against you "how can a guy with claimed X issues, do what he was saying on the forums". Don't share too much and hope you get well soon man.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I got that lawyer today... <snip>

Do you guys think they'll total it out? I'm guessing yes, but I won't know for a few days <snip>
Glad you got that Lawyer, seems you’re still a little woozy...

Will they total it???!!!! :cwl: Dude, you’re lucky to just being alive from THAT...yes, it’s surely a total loss claim. There’s more wrinkles in that ass than... well you get the idea of where it can go... LOL!

On a serious note, here’s hoping to your recovery and do make sure you map the posted speed limit signs on that road to your pics... that dude hit you in excess of the posted speed limit...no doubt about it.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
Relieved to hear you have an attorney! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing your back and garage a speedy recovery. All the best man!

Deleted member 35644

Yeah I was, a truck with a trailer slowed down in front of me, so I followed suit and the truck behind got distracted by something on the side of the road and smashed into me going around 50. Got two herniated disc's, so I gotta figure that stuff out.
Really sorry about your car man. And very sorry that you're hurt. Force them to make you whole. Medical bills, pain & suffering, property damage. My sister was hit in 2010 and she's still not right in regards to her back. Don't underestimate your injuries.
Sponsored