Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Any Interest in this? I think it would be 90% of a GT500 and with our pricing less than 90% of the cost. :like:

I've been tossing around the idea of becoming a whipple supercharger dealer and from my conversations with Roush, they are not entertaining a kit specific to the Mach 1. This would leave Whipple as the most viable option and my mind keeps spinning on the possibilities with this kit.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=548
Sponsored

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Any Interest in this? I think it would be 90% of a GT500 and with our pricing less than 90% of the cost. :like:

I've been tossing around the idea of becoming a whipple supercharger dealer and from my conversations with Roush, they are not entertaining a kit specific to the Mach 1. This would leave Whipple as the most viable option and my mind keeps spinning on the possibilities with this kit.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=548
If I lived in the US, I would really consider it especially since the installation would happen with a dealer! If you are negotiating with Whipple I would insist that they allow for the orange finish since almost half of the cars have been ordered as FJG which of course has the orange accents... If I were to do it I would want the orange finish on it...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited

I installed the Whipple stage 1 kit on my 2019 Bullitt. It came with Whipple's 91 octane tune which was supposed to be 50 state legal. It made 675 RWHP SAE at 7,800 RPM and actually ran smoother than the Bullitt did stock. Since the M1 is basically the same engine I would assume similar results.

An even better kit than Roush's. I strongly encourage you to go for it!!!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Install time ?

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I'd love a whipple, concerned about warranty though...I really don't want to pay for something that would have broke anyway

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome!

If I would have lived the US I would have supercharged everything :D, specially when you get warranties with it

Does mapping need to take into consideration on how the TC, etc are mapped. Thinking as these parts are different.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
To complicate things, there is the Procharger. If you look at the procharger HO kit with Procharger's tune on 6 PSI boost my 10R80 made 525 RWHP at 7K RPM. This was the super safe 91 octane tune.

I took the car to my local shop, the same one which dyno'd the Bullitt 2 years ago and the owner said he quit selling centi blowers because they has issues in tuning. He was truly amazed in the tune and we drove the car for about 6 miles. His comment, and he owns a Hellcat and GT500 was, that the car ran great and would likely do very low 11s or possibly high 10s. And he is at the dragstrip almost every weekend. An older guy with real car knowledge.

I since then did injectors, pulley, PBD tune, etc. and the car still runs excellent. The best part is that you don't give up the strut tower brace, but you do give up the stiffeners in the grille. Plus the install takes literally 1/3 the time of the Whipple.

Just food for thought. A couple of photos:
IMG_20200916_173722098.jpg
IMG_20200108_175545309.jpg

4-2-20 Summer wheels and tires..jpg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
To complicate things, there is the Procharger. If you look at the procharger HO kit with Procharger's tune on 6 PSI boost my 10R80 made 525 RWHP at 7K RPM. This was the super safe 91 octane tune.

I took the car to my local shop, the same one which dyno'd the Bullitt 2 years ago and the owner said he quit selling centi blowers because they has issues in tuning. He was truly amazed in the tune and we drove the car for about 6 miles. His comment, and he owns a Hellcat and GT500 was, that the car ran great and would likely do very low 11s or possibly high 10s. And he is at the dragstrip almost every weekend. An older guy with real car knowledge.

I since then did injectors, pulley, PBD tune, etc. and the car still runs excellent. The best part is that you don't give up the strut tower brace, but you do give up the stiffeners in the grille. Plus the install takes literally 1/3 the time of the Whipple.

Also quite a bit lighter right?
But very different characteristics

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

There are definitely benefits to either route. You have to wind out the procharger, but with traction being limitation regardless, it can be a positive.

I've done turbo, twin screw, and centrifugal and all have their benefits. Centrifugal has the most predictable and easy to control power band.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Also quite a bit lighter right?
But very different characteristics
Whipple is not as bad as some think on weight. Net weight change, and I weighted my car right before and right after on the same scale came in at +92 pounds. I honestly couldn't feel it but the added torque accelerating out of the corners trumped that, I believe. The newer Mustangs have a stiffener near the firewall which I believe is good enough without the strut brace, so I don't think it hurts handling much.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'd love a whipple, concerned about warranty though...I really don't want to pay for something that would have broke anyway
My understanding from Gearheads is that Whipple now has a warranty similar to the Roush. Zack would be the one to answer that though.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Iā€™d be interested in this. I believe the Whipple and Edelbrock head units have better cooling than Roush.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
There are definitely benefits to either route. You have to wind out the procharger, but with traction being limitation regardless, it can be a positive.

I've done turbo, twin screw, and centrifugal and all have their benefits. Centrifugal has the most predictable and easy to control power band.
You bring up an interesting alternative. Twin turbo such as I have on the ST Explorer. Hellion comes to mind. Btw, they are a forum vendor and actively soliciting dealers. You might want to look into that ............. It would give the shop something to do. šŸ¤£ :facepalm:šŸ˜“

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
My understanding from Gearheads is that Whipple now has a warranty similar to the Roush. Zack would be the one to answer that though.
I have been told that whipple is "working on it" when I inquired about the warranty.
Sponsored