Is the 5.0 designed for boost?

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
It was also on a 2 step only reving to 3100 RPMs. It was not bouncing off of the rev limiter
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
sustained start stop..... that's what it doesn't like.
That's an opinion. While 2step use would not prolong the life of oem OPG's, stating definitely what the issue is without real data is simply an opinion.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
what happens is when over reving the coyote you suck the oil pan dry. if you check the clearance on the bearings the coyote normally should use a 40 weight so 0w40 or 5w40. there's always exceptions
Show me where a 40WT is recommended by any engine machinist for a main bearing clearance of .0009-.0016"

Clearances.jpg

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
sustained start stop..... that's what it doesn't like.
I mean that is true for every car and nearly every mechanical piece on a car.

I personally don't see how the OPGs were being stressed any more than normal under the Trans brake and 2 step. Anymore than it would be from foot braking it to 3k.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I personally don't see how the OPGs were being stressed any more than normal under the Trans brake and 2 step. Anymore than it would be from foot braking it to 3k.
With a 2 step you get power pulses when the ign cuts on and off. This could cause the gears to hit and the hard stock gears break. The soft aftermarket gears gall.

When on the foot brake the power is steady, no pulsing.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
With a 2 step you get power pulses when the ign cuts on and off. This could cause the gears to hit and the hard stock gears break. The soft aftermarket gears gall.

When on the foot brake the power is steady, no pulsing.
Makes sense!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Doesn't the transbrake just hold the rpm vs the 2step which is an ignition cut? It's literally like bouncing the rev limiter. If it is, then that's like cruising in 4th with MT82, that's not a problem that's a constant rpm.

If this is an opinion you can't accept without fact, just ask around how many people have broken opgs with 2steps. I personally think that's harder on them than revving it to 8k.

I read where a ford engineer literally says using a 2 step is something those OEM coyote opgs aren't designed to do.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

The crank is rapidly accelerating and decelerating to maintain a specific RPM based on ignition cut. There is alot more inertia and force involved at 3000rpm vs a normal startup.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't the transbrake just hold the rpm vs the 2step which is an ignition cut? It's literally like bouncing the rev limiter. If it is, then that's like cruising in 4th with MT82, that's not a problem that's a constant rpm.

If this is an opinion you can't accept without fact, just ask around how many people have broken opgs with 2steps. I personally think that's harder on them than revving it to 8k.

I read where a ford engineer literally says using a 2 step is something those OEM coyote opgs aren't designed to do.
The transbrake doesn't do anything to the RPMs. If you have a transbrake and no 2 step it will simply rev to whatever you throttle it to or blow up.

The 2 step is what attempts to hold the RPM constant. I can see how that would strain the OPGs as it is bouncing off of the edge of that. I just didn't think it would stress them that bad since it was only around 3k RPMs.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

The transbrake simply introduces reverse when engaged. You can use the transbrake at any rpm you like, 1000rpm or 15000 rpm. The 2 step uses ignition cut to maintain your specified rpm while on the transbrake.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The transbrake doesn't do anything to the RPMs. If you have a transbrake and no 2 step it will simply rev to whatever you throttle it to or blow up.

The 2 step is what attempts to hold the RPM constant. I can see how that would strain the OPGs as it is bouncing off of the edge of that. I just didn't think it would stress them that bad since it was only around 3k RPMs.
So, it's like launch control. Just steady RPM. That doesn't 'compare to a 2 step

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
So, it's like launch control. Just steady RPM. That doesn't 'compare to a 2 step
Yes it's literally launch control. What do you mean it does not compare to a 2 step?

The 2 step holds the RPMs at the designated setting and the transbrake allows you to put the car in gear and then load up onto the 2 step?

Without the transbrake the 2 step is not that helpful. Your brakes cannot hold the car with 6 pounds of boost and 4k RPMs sitting on it.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes it's literally launch control. What do you mean it does not compare to a 2 step?

The 2 step holds the RPMs at the designated setting and the transbrake allows you to put the car in gear and then load up onto the 2 step?

Without the transbrake the 2 step is not that helpful. Your brakes cannot hold the car with 6 pounds of boost and 4k RPMs sitting on it.
I'm a manual guy.... I don't have this problem lol.
I won't buy an automatic

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
I'm a manual guy.... I don't have this problem lol.
I won't buy an automatic
I have both. A auto and a manual. I like them both.
Sponsored