Introduce yourself!!

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
Greetings, all, I’m new to this forum and will soon be looking to buy my first Mustang. I’ve had a thing for Mustangs dating back to my preteen years, when my cousin owned a ‘69 Mach 1. Later, I rented Fox-body Mustangs from Hertz in Las Vegas on a regular basis, and almost pulled the trigger on a previous-gen model right after the economy imploded in 2008. Alas, that didn’t work out.

Fast forward to now, and I’ll be shopping for a new Bullitt (assuming I can find one) or ordering a GT Premium in about 60 days.

How likely is it a local dealer will be willing to search for a leftover Bullitt? Inventory appears to be near zero in New England, so I’m concerned that may prove to be an issue.
Sponsored

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings, all, I’m new to this forum and will soon be looking to buy my first Mustang. I’ve had a thing for Mustangs dating back to my preteen years, when my cousin owned a ‘69 Mach 1. Later, I rented Fox-body Mustangs from Hertz in Las Vegas on a regular basis, and almost pulled the trigger on a previous-gen model right after the economy imploded in 2008. Alas, that didn’t work out.

Fast forward to now, and I’ll be shopping for a new Bullitt (assuming I can find one) or ordering a GT Premium in about 60 days.

How likely is it a local dealer will be willing to search for a leftover Bullitt? Inventory appears to be near zero in New England, so I’m concerned that may prove to be an issue.
Fair number of pre owned DHG ow mile 2020' s out there, no gas guzzler tax.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Hi everyone,

I've been a member since Jan '21, and mostly just lurked since then. Figured I'd introduce myself (you know, to be polite and such).

I have a 2017 Shelby Super Snake, and previously owned a heavily modified 2019 Subaru STi, so Im familiar with both sides of the enthusiast coin. Im glad to be back to a Ford V8 since it's the platform that started my automotive passion (my first project car was a 2005 Mustang GT that was straight piped and Roushcharged). Looking forward to interacting with the community! Cheers!

20210315_141833.jpg

Sponsored

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Hi everyone,

I've been a member since Jan '21, and mostly just lurked since then. Figured I'd introduce myself (you know, to be polite and such).

I have a 2017 Shelby Super Snake, and previously owned a heavily modified 2019 Subaru STi, so Im familiar with both sides of the enthusiast coin. Im glad to be back to a Ford V8 since it's the platform that started my automotive passion (my first project car was a 2005 Mustang GT that was straight piped and Roushcharged). Looking forward to interacting with the community! Cheers!

20210315_141833.jpg
Hello, since I'm coming from a WRX, was wondering why you made the switch from the '19 STi. I went down the research rabbit hole and by the time I figured up the cost to build the WRX to handle 400whp, I could've just had gotten the Mustang (which is what I did obviously). Since you had a a built STi already, I'm curious what made you make the switch after a few years.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Hello, since I'm coming from a WRX, was wondering why you made the switch from the '19 STi. I went down the research rabbit hole and by the time I figured up the cost to build the WRX to handle 400whp, I could've just had gotten the Mustang (which is what I did obviously). Since you had a a built STi already, I'm curious what made you make the switch after a few years.
Pretty much for the reason you described, overall cost. Before the STi, I had a 15 WRX that was modified, and reached the point where substantial cost would be needed for drivetrain and suspension upgrades to handle even more power. The STi was then chosen since it had the solid transmission and better "bones" for power upgrades. Ultimately, again, I reached the point where it would be a substantial cost due to further building the engine, stronger clutch, bigger injectors (I ran e85), fuel pumps, bigger turbo, bigger intercooler, etc. The whole thing would need to be stepped up to give me a warm and fuzzy that it would survive the track/drag days I would frequent. I loved my STi, it was an amazing machine. Never had a single problem with it and ran flawlessly (only had 36,000 miles though so...). Coming from having had a 2005 Mustang GT and then a 2004 Cobra, I was familiar with the Mustang platform and saw the cost to performance ratio was a better deal for my needs.

WRXs and STis are amazing...it's just an expensive/picky platform to make "fast" (relative term). That AWD launch though...I miss that.

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. My name is Jim. I just picked up my no option 2020 GT 6speed manual yesterday. Loving it so far.
My wife and I are a Ford family. She has a 2020 Explorer limited and we also have a 2019 F-150 XLT.
I look forward to learning more about this platform.

3E241A7A-6F9B-4162-972C-74FA47AEDDD6.jpeg

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
Pretty much for the reason you described, overall cost. Before the STi, I had a 15 WRX that was modified, and reached the point where substantial cost would be needed for drivetrain and suspension upgrades to handle even more power. The STi was then chosen since it had the solid transmission and better "bones" for power upgrades. Ultimately, again, I reached the point where it would be a substantial cost due to further building the engine, stronger clutch, bigger injectors (I ran e85), fuel pumps, bigger turbo, bigger intercooler, etc. The whole thing would need to be stepped up to give me a warm and fuzzy that it would survive the track/drag days I would frequent. I loved my STi, it was an amazing machine. Never had a single problem with it and ran flawlessly (only had 36,000 miles though so...). Coming from having had a 2005 Mustang GT and then a 2004 Cobra, I was familiar with the Mustang platform and saw the cost to performance ratio was a better deal for my needs.

WRXs and STis are amazing...it's just an expensive/picky platform to make "fast" (relative term). That AWD launch though...I miss that.
I used to be on the Turbo hatch bandwagon with my 2007 Audi A3. Drove the heck out of it and it's still rock solid and bullet proof with my son at the wheel. Did APR Stage 2+ mods, pretty much everything but dropping in a K04 or Frankenturbo. Needed to keep it street reliable. But it was always a bit finicky with the super sensitive computer, throwing codes at the slightest blip or hiccup. That's German engineering. But, I have to say, the motor is a beast and has taken a lot of abuse. Luckily, I'm a mechanic and do most my own work - DSG flushes, carbon buildup removal, injector servicing, turbo cartridge replacement, etc...
But - now I'm getting older and want more reliable displacement and enjoy a simple V8 with 400hp vs. all the fuss over the 2.0T even as fun as they were to mess with and drive. If I had lots of money I may rebuild the engine and restore all the little things that have started to fall apart. Lots of interior parts, seat leather, rear window motor, etc...

2 Dang! fix.JPG

IMG_10389.JPG

IMG_10410.JPG

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I used to be on the Turbo hatch bandwagon with my 2007 Audi A3. Drove the heck out of it and it's still rock solid and bullet proof with my son at the wheel. Did APR Stage 2+ mods, pretty much everything but dropping in a K04 or Frankenturbo. Needed to keep it street reliable. But it was always a bit finicky with the super sensitive computer, throwing codes at the slightest blip or hiccup. That's German engineering. But, I have to say, the motor is a beast and has taken a lot of abuse. Luckily, I'm a mechanic and do most my own work - DSG flushes, carbon buildup removal, injector servicing, turbo cartridge replacement, etc...
But - now I'm getting older and want more reliable displacement and enjoy a simple V8 with 400hp vs. all the fuss over the 2.0T even as fun as they were to mess with and drive. If I had lots of money I may rebuild the engine and restore all the little things that have started to fall apart. Lots of interior parts, seat leather, rear window motor, etc...

2 Dang! fix.JPG

IMG_10389.JPG

IMG_10410.JPG
Gorgeous car! Those Audis are insane. Their ability to hold extra power is something else, and the APR packages make it easy. Before the Super Snake came along, I was strongly considering a TTRS (I love the body style). The fact that you're a mechanic and can do your own work makes it much more manageable. Ill be the first to admit that an EJ engine can be daunting. Especially tuning wise...I always had my tuner find out what 11 was on the dial, and then pull it back to 8 for reliability and longevity.

Sponsored

93coupe/stroked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost base auto metalic
Hello! I'm just a old drag racing fool loving my 2020 ecoboost base mustang with the ten speed auto! Started racing in 1974, and still have that fire in me to go down that 1/4 strip! I'm from deep south Louisiana.
20210319_175556.jpg

Thanks for letting me join!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase

2 Dang! fix.JPG

IMG_10389.JPG

IMG_10410.JPG
Nice. I traded my 2015 Stage 3+ Golf R for my current GT/CS. It was a solid 10.9 second car. A real sleeper.

479C1156-1665-45C8-A089-581FDBEAA095.jpeg

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
Nice. I traded my 2015 Stage 3+ Golf R for my current GT/CS. It was a solid 10.9 second car. A real sleeper.

479C1156-1665-45C8-A089-581FDBEAA095.jpeg
Very nice. My 2007 was FWD only since Audi didn't see the value of a Quattro hatch at the time. That was it's achilles heel. Just couldn't launch hard enough, no matter the front tire grip! The AWD must have been fun to drive! I still love the Sportback/GTI/R platform, I just have different needs now!:like:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 560496
Very nice. My 2007 was FWD only since Audi didn't see the value of a Quattro hatch at the time. That was it's achilles heel. Just couldn't launch hard enough, no matter the front tire grip! The AWD must have been fun to drive! I still love the Sportback/GTI/R platform, I just have different needs now!:like:
Yeah, I was ready for a muscle/pony car again but that R was sure a blast. I’ll slowly mod the Mustang and it’ll be just as quick even if it doesn’t hook up in the rain as well. 😋

JKel9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, BMW 335i
Hello everyone! Pretty sure I am approaching mid life crisis and have been thinking about getting a mustang.

Any of you had success in buying one that needed some work/auction/salvage? I have been wanting to get one and put it on the track. I don't really want to afford one that's clean due to it probably becoming unclean (IE: stripped interior, lightened, etc.).

What's an amazing price you've seen?

I usually follow copart/iaai for salvage. Salvalereseller for a broker(these broker fees almost make it not worth buying salvage). Alternatives?
eBay seems to be on the higher side, autotrader and truecar usually cover pretty much everything posted online. no luck on craigslist/FBmarketplace.
Sponsored