Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

BayLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350, 11' E92 335i M-Sport
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and interested in buying either a new 18 GT PP/PP2 or a slightly used GT350. My other possible option is a new Camaro 2SS. I consider myself a car enthusiast and respect all different cars.

My good buddy has a 17' 1SS 1LE which is a badass car. One thing I don't like is the huge blindspots and the cabin feels almost claustrophobic. My girlfriend recently bought a 17' Ecoboost and its a really nice car for essentially a base model.

I'm just torn between either the Camaro or Mustang. I slightly favor the Mustang in the styling but you can't beat the price for a near fully loaded 2SS.

I prefer brand new and I'm a little skeptical on a used GT350. Just worried about how hard the miles were driven.

Lastly, I've been lurking this forum for a little while and so far it seems like a great and informative forum!
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and interested in buying either a new 18 GT PP/PP2 or a slightly used GT350. My other possible option is a new Camaro 2SS. I consider myself a car enthusiast and respect all different cars.

My good buddy has a 17' 1SS 1LE which is a badass car. One thing I don't like is the huge blindspots and the cabin feels almost claustrophobic. My girlfriend recently bought a 17' Ecoboost and its a really nice car for essentially a base model.

I'm just torn between either the Camaro or Mustang. I slightly favor the Mustang in the styling but you can't beat the price for a near fully loaded 2SS.

I prefer brand new and I'm a little skeptical on a used GT350. Just worried about how hard the miles were driven.

Lastly, I've been lurking this forum for a little while and so far it seems like a great and informative forum!
Hi and welcome too..when my got my s550 a few years back wasn't actually thrilled bout the new look but as time goes on after your purchase you realized how beautiful and shapely the lines are. Then you see all the hard work the Ford engineers did putting this awesome machine together..body, chassis, drivetrain, interior, etc..The more you see the camaro you realize its a bulking carcass with small windows and two silverish suitcases shoved up the backend for muffling..

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi and welcome too..when my got my s550 a few years back wasn't actually thrilled bout the new look but as time goes on after your purchase you realized how beautiful and shapely the lines are. Then you see all the hard work the Ford engineers did putting this awesome machine together..body, chassis, drivetrain, interior, etc..The more you see the camaro you realize its a bulking carcass with small windows and two silverish suitcases shoved up the backend for muffling..
The documentary "A Faster Horse" is what sold me on the S550 platform. Well worth watching... available on Amazon and possibly Netflix.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

I have the same assessment of the Camaro's interior...just wish they had kept the body style more on the line of the 60-70's camaro and not flattened it out. Visibility and interior comfort is compromised. i'm used to driving an SUV all of the time... I didn't want to get into a sports car that felt too small. If I wasn't in a Mustang I would be in a Dodge Challenger simply for the visibility and overall room. The Mustang has plenty of room and the view is fantastic for it's design. You have to tread carefully when shopping for the used GT350's especially the 2016 Tech Pack which did not include the Track pkg coolers. Even off the track guys have reported issues. I would stick with the Track Pkg with the recaros if looking at a 2016 and do your research on past ownership. I had been shopping for a used GT350 myself this past year thinking I would upgrade, but all of the engine issues have given me pause and it just doesn't fit my lifestyle right now.. I don't have time or $ for track days and extra expenses (gas, maint, insurance) for upkeep of the GT350.... i use my stang more for long road trips and spirited driving in the country. Not that you cannot do that with a GT350, but the car really needs to be on a track to get the full experience of its capability IMHO... good luck with your search...

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The documentary "A Faster Horse" is what sold me on the S550 platform. Well worth watching... available on Amazon and possibly Netflix.
Oh yeah..definitely got the Faster Horse downloaded and refer back to it occasionally..
My apologies to the camaro owners for that one earlier do think they Improved on it somewhat in last few years..and can say I did take an interest in the yellow transformers edition (cool badging)..lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh yeah..definitely got the Faster Horse downloaded and refer back to it occasionally..
Where did you download it? And if it was from Vimeo what format and resolution was it? I can't find that information anywhere on the site. There is an HD logo on the order page but that could mean as low as 720P.

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT

Been lurking this forum for the last couple months after purchasing my 2017 Ruby Red Base GT w/Performance Pack/Recaros back in August. Am also a member of Lone Star Stangs by the same user name if any of y'all are from there. I used to own a 2002 Mineral Grey GT with all the goodies back from 06-13 and I had the itch for a mustang again so here I am. I've seen a lot of good info so far on this site so I hope it continues to be a good resource.:cheers:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you download it? And if it was from Vimeo what format and resolution was it? I can't find that information anywhere on the site. There is an HD logo on the order page but that could mean as low as 720P.
Can't say for sure cause my daughter downloaded it into my tablet awhile back as a fathers day gift in 2016. It just stays in my movies file until I wish to view it. Can probably look into the properties info a on it if that may help.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
It's available on Netflix but if you want the download in good quality iTunes has it for sale. That's where I bought mine.

If you're into file sharing you can find it all over the place but quality may be mixed. I've got a 65" HDTV so I don't want to suffer through some pixelated version so I just spent the $15 and bought it on iTunes. "Faster Horse", "Black Air" the "24 hour War" are on my iPhone right now if I'm stuck in an airplane and want kill some time.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's available on Netflix but if you want the download in good quality iTunes has it for sale. That's where I bought mine.

If you're into file sharing you can find it all over the place but quality may be mixed. I've got a 65" HDTV so I don't want to suffer through some pixelated version so I just spent the $15 and bought it on iTunes. "Faster Horse", "Black Air" the "24 hour War" are on my iPhone right now if I'm stuck in an airplane and want kill some time.
Yeah, I have Netflix but want a copy for my HDTV. Plus things on Netflix come and go.

Definitely not into file sharing. Exceptions might be something that is not being manufactured. For instance, I would break the law to get a copy of ALL episodes of Michael Moore's TV Nation series which were NEVER available for purchase. Moore's political views are crazy but he did some funny stuff when he wasn't pontificating. Or I'd download Roundhouse (Nickleodion in the early 90s) for the grand-kids. With an 80" TV I also care about picture quality.

FYI: Someone on the Vimeo staff responded to my question and confirmed their version is 1080P. And it is DRM free, not that I am averse to ripping a blu-ray or DVD I purchased.

So Vimeo seems like a great place to buy the movie. It's $9.99 and as I said, no DRM or restrictions to download. That's cheaper than I see DVDs (720 res?) go for.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yeah, I have Netflix but want a copy for my HDTV. Plus things on Netflix come and go.

Definitely not into file sharing. Exceptions might be something that is not being manufactured. For instance, I would break the law to get a copy of ALL episodes of Michael Moore's TV Nation series which were NEVER available for purchase. Moore's political views are crazy but he did some funny stuff when he wasn't pontificating. Or I'd download Roundhouse (Nickleodion in the early 90s) for the grand-kids. With an 80" TV I also care about picture quality.

FYI: Someone on the Vimeo staff responded to my question and confirmed their version is 1080P. And it is DRM free, not that I am averse to ripping a blu-ray or DVD I purchased.

So Vimeo seems like a great place to buy the movie. It's $9.99 and as I said, no DRM or restrictions to download. That's cheaper than I see DVDs (720 res?) go for.
I'm not proponent of pirating material but some people are I just warn them what to expect when they do. Free usually comes with some kind of compromise in quality.

Can you download the Vimeo version?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Can you download the Vimeo version?
Yes. I have no interest to watch on-line although it will be there for me anytime I choose to. And they make a point of touting the downloads are DRM free.

iTunes has it for the same price but since I don't use iTunes, didn't see a reason to re-do the due diligence about their resolutions, DRM, etc. after confirming Vimeo.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yes. I have no interest to watch on-line although it will be there for me anytime I choose to. And they make a point of touting the downloads are DRM free.

iTunes has it for the same price but since I don't use iTunes, didn't see a reason to re-do the due diligence about their resolutions, DRM, etc. after confirming Vimeo.
I hear ya, I can vouch for iTunes quality is top notch though.

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
Hey everyone! I just signed up after lurking for a few weeks looking for mod ideas. I've owned my 2016 California Special for 1.5 years now. So far all my mods are cosmetic, I'll have to create a Dropbox account so I can post some photos.

mmali386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 black GT Premium
Hi everyone,

Been lurking for awhile now. Longtime Mustang owner but unfortunately my last Mustang got destroyed in Harvey(tree fell on it then got flooded inside of it from all the rain) so I've been lurking as much as I can here until my new baby comes in in a couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone who've been posting pictures of the 2018s. Its been a long couple months waiting for mine to come in(new ETA is November 10th).
Sponsored