Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Hey Whats Up!

Whats up everyone my name is Umang, I am 20 years old and from Daytona beach, Florida. I am a Social Media Marketer, I own a few big Instagram accounts and I help other companies grow!

I drive a Black 2015 Mustang GT (Performance Package), It is currently straight piped, lowered on H&R sport springs (soon to be on BC Coils), and sitting on Ferrada FR4's F: 20x10.5 R: 20x11.5.

I soon will be starting to do performance work on it, my older brother who is in the car scene as well is good friends with VMP and I will be speaking with them about performance upgrades!
001.jpg
003.jpg
Sponsored

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
Hi All - My name is Gareth and have been a Mustang fan for a long time, and I'm pleased to say that in 24 hours time I will get behind the wheel of one for the first time.

Unfortunately it's only a test drive at this stage as there is a 9-12 month waiting list over here in the UK (not sure what it's like elsewhere), but all going well I will be putting the deposit down on a Triple Yellow GT Shadow Edition.

I'm hoping that by the time I have read through every article on the forum and drooled over every picture, the 12 months wait will be over!

Any advice on ownership of UK 6G cars is gratefully received. It would also be good to know if anyone else has a Shadow Edition on order, or any views on this version, good or bad.

TheStangGus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
New Guy

Hello Everyone!
My name is Alex, I have been into mustangs as long as I can remember. My dad used to drop me off at school in his 1988 GT and in May of 2016 I was lucky enough to take delivery of my own GT with performance pack that I have dubbed "Gus". Over the past year I have found tons of information on this forum and figured it was about time that I officially join the community. So far I've installed (do all my own work) MBRP race cat back exhaust, blow-fish racing shifter support bracket, electronic exhaust cutouts, and a Steeda Tune. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and thanks for having me!
received_10155123693451757.jpg

Sponsored

DannySublime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2008 Evo X GSR
Whats up everyone my name is Dan. So today I went to my local Ford Dealer because my girlfriend was dead set on buying a brand new 2017 Mustang. She has always wanted a mustang ever since she was little it has been her dream car. She had 10k to put down and a way better credit score then myself. So I naturally convinced her into getting the GT with the GT performance package Recaro seats and a manual transmission. Mind you I only started teaching her how to drive standard last week. I see nothing but good things coming from this. Its magnetic metallic her second choice besides black on black. We will be picking up the car this coming Friday.

So I will natural be modifying and building her GT for her as soon as she gets used to the current stock performance. I do not want to start a new thread so I will ask in here hopefully someone knows but I have read the first thing i should do is remove the clutch spring? I know this was a thing on the 2015 and 2016 but was unsure if the 2017 have corrected this issue. I drove a few Gt's including the one she purchased and did not notice anything god awful about the stock clutch. I plan on searching a lot and researching everything i can find. I will be upgrading the clutch when I begin to buy bolt on's.

If there is a link I have yet to find for where most people start with the S550's I would much appreciate a link. I do plan on down the road doing the cobra 350r intake manifold, throttle body, JLT intake, as well as a full exhaust, headers and a tune for 93 octane as well as e85 and 47lb injectors. I do plan on her putting at least 20k on the car before I even plan on upping the power for her. The car seems honestly pretty easy for someone new to manual to learn. The power wasn't anything too crazy she was able to start up and drive through 1st and 2nd gear in the parking lot immediately without stalling. This was only the second stick shift vehicle she has ever driven.

I have been in the car scene a few years now and have had boosted rwd cars, NA 300+ fwd cars as well as my current daily a Fully Bolted Evo X. I love my Evo but I agree nothing sounds as sexy as a v8 motor grumbling. And Im just excited to have a Mustang Gt to play with as well. Thanks for reading looking forward to building and driving her toy with her!

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Took me a minute but I got used to the clutch it came with. Some times a little jerky in 2nd depending how I'm driving:headbang:if I gin it in first I have to pop it in second

Fullthrtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hello all my name is Ken. Currently own a 2017 GT mt82. Bought it in march this year. So far have installed flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and RTR tech5 wheels. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. 265/40/19 and 305/35/19 mickey Thompson et street S/S tires in the rear. Previous mustangs include 89 gt, 06 gt, 14 gt, 04 mach1, 95 cobra, and 03 cobra.

Brooks_Church

Team Rowdy RTR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber GT PP RTR Spec 2 #010
G'day.

My name is Brooks Church (if you couldn't tell from my user name)
I just purchased my first American Muscle car and couldn't be happier!

I have been in the import and euro scene for a while. I have competed in drifting and road racing since 2005. I now instruct for SCCA and Gridlife at a few different courses and magnet get back into racing more competitively this year. I drifted in Outbrake Motorsports, US drift, Midwest Drift Union, Drift Indy, Ohio drifting, Drift-A-Palooza ( my personal event I ran), and many others over about 8 years with numerous podiums and wins.

List of cars go:
1987 BMW 325is
2000 Chevy S10
1990 Miata (Turbo)
2000 Miata (Turbo)
1990 Nissan 240sx
1992 Nissan 240sx (Turbo)
1993 Nissan 240sx
1994 Nissan 240sx x2
1996 Nissan 240sx x2 (Turbo)
2004 Lexus IS300
2004 BMW 330i ZHP
2009 328xi sportwagon (only auto ever owned)

Was hell bent on purchasing a 370z to turn into a epic daily/track day car, but after many failed attempts at buying one I ended up giving up.

One day I decided to check out Roush Honda's new dealership they acquired. Previously known as Jim Keim Ford, or now known as Roush Ford.
Looked at some used cars and had been wanting to drive another S550 mustang. I drive one the first year they came out and fell in love with the car. Was unlike any previous mustang I had driven. Nice interior. Great trans feel, Beautiful exterior, and with IRS and a very nimble feeling front end. But back then I could never afford one.

So back to the story, I decided to take out a 2017 with track pack to see if it was as good as I remember. St first the transmission seemed more clunky than I remember, but after the first hard 1-2 shift and a good set of corners I absolutely fell back in love.

So decided to talk number and ended up realizing that I could afford one once again and decided on this beauty!

2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue (Bella)
GT 5.0 V8 w/ 6 Speed Manual Trans
Base Model w/ Track Package

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143291375@N08/tMZ68Y

Only 3 things about the car I don't care for/ want to change.
1) Need to get a premium rear bumper, so I can put RTR rear diffuser and spats
2) Not a huge fan of the factory radio head unit.
3) This girl wheel hops like crazy.

So it will be more focused on daily use with occasional track and mountain road abuse.

So hope to get this rear end hop taken care of soon. Was going to do diff and subframe inserts and better rear end links. Amy other suggestions?

I can't say enough about the team at Roush Ford for how awesome the buying experience was with them. Truly make you feel like family.

Last edited:

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I'm Tom, age 65, and have been a lurker here for several years. In May 2014 I retired and treated myself to a new '14 triple black GT Premium 'vert, 6spd and 401A black/cashmere interior. I was also in the middle of a divorce. It was good trade.

At the time I missed the cut off for ordering an S197 my way so I took it off the showroom floor. No matter. It's the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. It has few slight mods since which include 2012 Boss 302 wheels, GT500 spoiler and axlebacks, and Eibach springs which lowered it almost 1.5 inches. I love the car, but keeping a black Mustang detailed is a second career and a labor of love.

It well took over a year before I grew to appreciate the S550. I came very close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 DIB GT 'vert last year, got cold feet and walked away. Glad I waited....I really dig the '18 refresh and plan on ordering one in December for delivery in time for the 2018 cruise and show season once I've had the opportunity to see how Orange Fury looks on a 'vert. But the more I see the photos of Royal Crimson, the more excited I become. PP and interactive exhaust are high among considerations and I'm anxious to see pricing and other option/package configurations. Of course a 6 spd is a no-brainer.

Anyway, thanks for adding me here and I'm looking forward to posting pics in the near future of my new GT ragtop in Orange Fury. Or Royal Crimson. Maybe Lightning Blue. Or Kona perhaps. But no damn black!!!

Sponsored

badhaircutted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Hey guys, I'm Tyler Greene. I've been into cars and racing all my life, but mostly on the Japanese side of things. I've built a couple pretty cool drift cars (a turbo miata and a 400 hp s13). I've always loved street cars, but my builds always seem to get away from me after a few years...

The miata ended up getting a fully formula d legal cage and it was no longer fun to drive on the street. The s13 ended up with a built block, cammed, big turbo motor (which was fun as hell to drive on the street) but after blowing 3 engines and 3 steering racks, constantly fixing it was becoming a pain.

Aumx5JT.jpg

I also recently inherited a '55 t-bird that's going to need a lot of constant time and attention.

ZUiOIjz.jpg

So I wanted something newer, rear wheel drive, turbo, and 6 speed. Something that could be fun on the track but still handle daily driver duty well.

Last week I picked up a 2016 ecoboost in ruby red. Coilovers are already sitting in the garage, as are wheels. I'm absolutely ecstatic with how this car drives out of the box and can't wait to make small improvements as time goes on. It blows my mind that the japanese manufacturers can't and won't produce a vehicle like this anymore, but good lord am I glad Ford is!

I'm sure I will create a build thread as things start to happen, but for the time being, I'm here to learn, learn, learn about this new engine and chassis. Suspension setup is my bread and butter, so any threads on steering and alignment would be killer. Thanks!!!

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Hi guys, new member. Corral poster since about 2001. Had an S197 in 2012, but when I moved back to WI from Nevada, I sold it as we have snow here. Bought an F150, and a few years later, I decided that flying was too expensive, sold my airplane, and bought a '17 400A car with performance pack in Lightning Blue about 3 weeks ago. Haven't modded it yet, but a set of jacking rails and an air/oil separator are on their way. I did spend about 20 hours correcting the paint as there was some clearcoat damage from the dealer and it's something I like to do anyways. Excited to find a real active forum for the newer Mustangs:)

(shitty IG picture)

unnamed-L.jpg

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Welcome! Thinking about selling the RV8 myself to enable more time for the GT350 we purchased a few weeks ago, track days and such. Will keep the cub though.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Welcome! Thinking about selling the RV8 myself to enable more time for the GT350 we purchased a few weeks ago, track days and such. Will keep the cub though.
Thank you!

I had an '80 Archer. Have had my certificate since late 2013 and obtained my instrument rating last fall.

Archer-L.jpg

My expenses were roughly $700/month before the prop turned. That does include the last annual that was $2400. I wasn't too keen on selling.. but I just decided that it was enough. My dad has a very modern LSA that I can fly for $45/hour wet with zero other expenses, and his hangar is 100 feet from my front door. Kind of a no-brainer.

Cubs are fun. Friend has a fully restored one that won an award at Oshkosh a couple years ago. Pure flying.

My uncle had an RV4 which I had a little stick time in from the back seat. He recently sold it and bought an 8. RVs are great airplanes. Experimental takes a little sting out of the wallet too:)

Cousin has a Super Decathlon which I also got a little stick time and even a couple loops and rolls in... As you can tell I sort of belong to a flying family lol.

And I'm really enjoying this car too. Profound difference between this one and the '13 I had(it didn't have the track/performance package)....

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thank you!

I had an '80 Archer. Have had my certificate since late 2013 and obtained my instrument rating last fall.

Archer-L.jpg

My expenses were roughly $700/month before the prop turned. That does include the last annual that was $2400. I wasn't too keen on selling.. but I just decided that it was enough. My dad has a very modern LSA that I can fly for $45/hour wet with zero other expenses, and his hangar is 100 feet from my front door. Kind of a no-brainer.

Cubs are fun. Friend has a fully restored one that won an award at Oshkosh a couple years ago. Pure flying.

My uncle had an RV4 which I had a little stick time in from the back seat. He recently sold it and bought an 8. RVs are great airplanes. Experimental takes a little sting out of the wallet too:)

Cousin has a Super Decathlon which I also got a little stick time and even a couple loops and rolls in... As you can tell I sort of belong to a flying family lol.

And I'm really enjoying this car too. Profound difference between this one and the '13 I had(it didn't have the track/performance package)....
Man, those are some high fixed costs! Nothing like that with an Experimental, and since I keep the Cub at home, it's pretty low as well. We should probably Private message this conversation.
Sponsored