Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Man, those are some high fixed costs! Nothing like that with an Experimental, and since I keep the Cub at home, it's pretty low as well. We should probably Private message this conversation.
Roger:)
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thank you!

I had an '80 Archer. Have had my certificate since late 2013 and obtained my instrument rating last fall.

Archer-L.jpg

My expenses were roughly $700/month before the prop turned. That does include the last annual that was $2400. I wasn't too keen on selling.. but I just decided that it was enough. My dad has a very modern LSA that I can fly for $45/hour wet with zero other expenses, and his hangar is 100 feet from my front door. Kind of a no-brainer.

Cubs are fun. Friend has a fully restored one that won an award at Oshkosh a couple years ago. Pure flying.

My uncle had an RV4 which I had a little stick time in from the back seat. He recently sold it and bought an 8. RVs are great airplanes. Experimental takes a little sting out of the wallet too:)

Cousin has a Super Decathlon which I also got a little stick time and even a couple loops and rolls in... As you can tell I sort of belong to a flying family lol.

And I'm really enjoying this car too. Profound difference between this one and the '13 I had(it didn't have the track/performance package)....
I wish I could sell my car, buy a plane and get my license. I used to go to EAA every year when I lived up there.

granitecarver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Chevy Corvette
Hey gang, new guy here. I'm considering embarking on my first Mustang purchase. These new GT's with the PP are calling me. It's strange to me because my current line up is a daily driven Chevy Cobalt SS, 06 Corvette with some mods, and a 2001 Silverado. The Cobalt would be going away. I've really been hot on the Scat Pack Challengers but they are a little big and a lot expensive for my liking. It looks like I can land a Mustang GT for maybe 30ish if I shop smart. Seems like a true sports car too. I'm just not sure I wouldn't feel dirty buying a Ford. lol I'm not saying it's a done deal, and I may wait until winter hoping for to take advantage of slow sales. We will see.

Anyway, I'm loving what I see on this forum, looks like a great group of helpful guys and tons of options for making them go faster and handle better. I hope to get to drive a GT pretty quick to see how I like it. So far I've only hit up one dealer and they didn't want to seem to let me test drive, which is weird but whatever.

I'm a self employed small business owner and I farm as well. I love cars and hanging out with car people of all walks of life.

yella GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 TY GT Premium
Hey guys, just signed up. My name is Steve. Ive been lurking around here every now and then since the S550 came out. This past friday I took delivery on a 2017 TY GT 400A, auto 3.55, w/ black package. I've always been a chevy guy, but the coyote is too tempting not to toy with. this is the first brand new car I've bought since my 2000 Z28. for a while I was big into drag racing, but I took the car too far stripping it down, th350 and what not. then I lost interest and it just sat in the garage. I sold the camaro in late 15 and bought a 2014 Oxford White GT in spring of 16. that was my introduction to Ford and I liked it. I was going to build it a little bit and get a s550 later, but then I saw the 2018's and decided to go this route now. anyway, thats my car life in a nutshell. So far I'm really liking the car and I'm looking forward to modding it.

Noctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2018 order banks to open!
Hey!

Hey all I'm Noctor. I currently don't have a stang but I'm impatiently waiting on Ford to release final engine specs and open order banks(pending enough increase) for the 2018 Mustang GT.

I previously owned a 2010 Mustang GT that a friend and I did a cam swap, full exhaust with dumps, and a Paxton 1200 SL blower on. It had 4.10's in the rear and was an automatic. That car was an absolute blast and I've missed it every single day since I sold it January 4th, 2016 at 1543 :D.

I recently paid off the wifes car I sold my mustang for and decided I couldn't wait any longer to get back into one!

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
First Mustang

Last Saturday I bought my first ever Mustang. 10 days before I had gone to my local Toyota dealership that I had purchased my 16 SR5 XP 4x4 4Runner from to look at a new TRD Tundra. Well they had one and I liked it, but noticed a used silver 2015 Mustang GT PP sitting in the front of the lot. I asked my salesman if I could take it for a spin and he promptly got me in it. It was not stock. I had what looked to be a catback system (pypes?) and a CIA of some sort on it. It was fast and loud. So I gave it all it had and was very impressed. The sticker on it was $31,000 but it had a ding on the carfax. I asked if they could budge off the price some and if they could to please let me know the next day. Well, he never called me back so I went to the Ford dealership and test drove a new GT PP and asked them to put a deal together and see where it goes. With the Military appreciation cash as well as the low APR I got it was a deal I could not refuse. It took about of week of me losing sleep thinking about it before I pulled the trigger and got a 2017 Black GT PP.

This thing is absolutely awesome. It is way better than the 2004 GTO I bought new over a decade ago. The only thing better about that car was frontal visibility as the hood was sloped down and shorter than the stang. One of the reasons I always steered away from the Mustang was because of the solid live axles in the rear. The only time I liked those was on the drag strip but only slightly. I was able to pull a 1.68 60 ft with the GTO (stockish) and it was IRS, so IRS shouldn't be a problem for me in the Ford. Though I have no real desire to frequent the track as much as I did when I was younger.

I will post pictures up when I can. I use tapatalk mainly and it doesn't seem to play well with this forum.

danielck9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Hi there!

Hope I'm doing this correctly. Not much of a forum guy, but I finally realized how valuable the help/advice/opinions that this forum offers is.

I'm Daniel. Bought a 2016 Mustang GT California Special a couple months ago to get me through until I can swing a GT350.

Couldn't help but throw some mods on her, but not planning on going too crazy, as I'm either gifting it to wifey when I move to something else or trading it in for the Shelby.

Loving the car so far! First muscle car. Came from a 370Z. Miss that chassis, but the V8 sound (running straight pipes right now) and power can't be beat.

:)
34450676942_e23eee1ea8.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, new member. Corral poster since about 2001. Had an S197 in 2012, but when I moved back to WI from Nevada, I sold it as we have snow here. Bought an F150, and a few years later, I decided that flying was too expensive, sold my airplane, and bought a '17 400A car with performance pack in Lightning Blue about 3 weeks ago. Haven't modded it yet, but a set of jacking rails and an air/oil separator are on their way. I did spend about 20 hours correcting the paint as there was some clearcoat damage from the dealer and it's something I like to do anyways. Excited to find a real active forum for the newer Mustangs:)

(shitty IG picture)

welcome!, if you are ever in the appleton, oshkosh area let me know...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hope I'm doing this correctly. Not much of a forum guy, but I finally realized how valuable the help/advice/opinions that this forum offers is.

I'm Daniel. Bought a 2016 Mustang GT California Special a couple months ago to get me through until I can swing a GT350.

Couldn't help but throw some mods on her, but not planning on going too crazy, as I'm either gifting it to wifey when I move to something else or trading it in for the Shelby.

Loving the car so far! First muscle car. Came from a 370Z. Miss that chassis, but the V8 sound (running straight pipes right now) and power can't be beat.

love the California Specials... what type of exhaust are you running with the quad tips?

danielck9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Welcome, :coolphotos:
Thanks!:thumbsup:

love the California Specials... what type of exhaust are you running with the quad tips?
I was lucky enough to have a friend do a custom 3" mandrel bent double helix x pipe. Then he took a Corsa Axel-back and just cut out the muffler, and welded the tips back on, and voila. It's relatively quiet, but once I get on it, it really comes alive.

He also fabricated off road catless pipes I wanna try, but I'm scared its going to be god awfully loud. :shrug:

Sponsored

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Based on that pic I think it is safe to say you are doing it very correctly haha!

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
New here to this site. Used to hang on the GT500 site. Just ordered a 2017 GB GT PP. Last toy was a 2012 Shelby GT500 tuned by VMP with a bunch of bolt on that dynoed at 545/540. Before that was a 2010 GT tuned and a few bolt ones. Ready to get in the new GT. Dealer says it should arrive mid to late June. Wait is killing me.

Pic of my last Mustang...patiently waiting for the new one to arrive....

Last edited:

5.0jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT
New GT owner from soflo, picked her up 3 weeks ago after having a 2015 v6 for a few years, so happy I chose a 6spd (learned manual on this car). Can't wait to get some more mods on (just roush ab and an x pipe rn) plan for wheels and springs next :)
IMG_6512.jpg

FrostyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Oxford White
Hey all. New member, long time lurker. Finally convinced the wife that we don't need two vehicles to haul our kids and groceries around. Brought home my 2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Oxford White M6 last week and have been loving every minute of driving it.

I used to own a 2006 GT Premium but ended up trading it in for a 4 door sedan for work/family. :headbonk: Feels good to be back in the mustang community.

Already have an AWE Track cat-back exhaust on its way from Beefcake. Will be looking to do CAI/tune and headers later this year/next year.

Booricua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Hello everyone, well here we go again used to hang on SVT performance but it has been a while Forgot password LMAO.
My name is Luis and due to another move I was contemplating on getting back on the saddle of a mustang. Love my F 250 but just cant take it to Korea.

So I been on the look out for S550 White with redline interior.

After much search found the exact car with options outside the state.
Too bad the dealer in Ohio did not wanted to play ball, so my Dealer says.
Never giving up and not wanting to believe the dealers found a local one. A
So I should be back on the saddle today.

LET THE MODS BEGIN........ AGAIN!:ford:
Sponsored