Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Greetings all ! My name is Chad and I'm the proud owner of a brand new 2017 Mustang GT Premium w/California Package. White is the color and the smile is wide on my face. I have been shopping around for a mid-life crisis since hitting the big 4-0 a couple years ago (currently 42) and figured that I'd return to my roots and bite the bullet and finally buy the car I've always wanted. I have zero disappointment so far and zero regret. My only other taste with "REAL" HP was a 2008 Charger that I owned (5.7L Hemi) that I mildly modified to my liking. That was all just practice though. I have lots of learning to do and lots of research to do in order to make her my own. First things first though: 1.) Going to take it easy(ish) on her for the first 1,000 miles). I'm varying speeds and types of driving and getting on her, briefly, every now and then to get those rings nice and seated. While I know there are many discussions about this, I think we all need to do it "our" way. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open eared, but I think that keeping the RPM's far, far away from 6,000 for the first 1,000 miles, being sure to limit extended runs at the same speed and being sure to warm her up before ANY driving will make for an experience that will hopefully last me until I'm ready for Midlife Crisis Software Version 2.0. 2.) Oil change at 1,000 miles. I'll be performing this myself and plan on using Mobile One full synthetic. Talk me off the ledge if there's something else I should be doing. 3.) Going to be in the market for a cold air intake. 4.) Any advice to something relatively easy to get a bit more of a throaty / noticeable exhaust tone without the possibility of ANY drone? Yes I want my cake and I want to eat it too... !
Sharp looking ride! I love the look of the black accents with the white paint, really looks sharp and adds eye catching contrast. I have a 2 week old white platinum GT and one of the things high on my priority list is to get a pair of those black hood vents. I'm trying my best to follow a 1K break-in plan similar to yours but I've gone over 6K RPM's a few times....I could not resist the temptation. I'll second adding the Steeda clutch spring as one of your first tweaks, I did mine on Tuesday, it's easy, inexpensive and a noticeable improvement.
Sponsored

Phsyclone79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How are ya'll doing?
I'm have been lurking the site for a while, today I decide to join the family.
I own a 2015 Mustang GT PP in Ingot silver.
Few mods that I already thrown in are Tri-Ax STS, Steeda Pro flow CAI with Lund Tune, Corsa Extreme CB, Steeda linear lowering springs, vertical links, support bushings, alignment bushings, support braces, G-Track K member, rear toe link, sway bars (front and rear) and bumsteer kit. And RTR front upper and lower grille.
Lots of good info here, happy to be part of the forum.
This is an old picture. I will post a better one tomorrow.
IMG_20170206_163228.jpg

Last edited:

Bullitt17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys...picked up my 2015 Mustang GT this past week. Guard Metallic color. No mods on it...yet.
New Mustang.jpg

MetalliCHAD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/California Package
Congrats on the car! It's beautiful.

I just installed a Corsa Sport catback exhaust on my 2015 GT and it's 100% perfect. No drone and sounds fantastic. I know you said easy, which the install was, but you never mentioned cheap, which this part wasn't ;)

I always use Mobile 1 full synthetic (in all my vehicles) and never had any issues.

The three things I would suggest are...

The clutch assist spring sold by Steeda which is super cheap and takes 5 minutes to put in with vice grips. You use the clutch so often that this part pays for itself in smiles.

The jacking rails also sold by Steeda. These things make jacking the car up take less than 5 minutes. Not only that but they're safer and, for me, I was able to get the car jacked up much higher than before.

Third thing to do right away is the BG Syncro Shift transmission fluid for ~$100 and put that in. The kit is all inclusive as far as parts needed (pump) and it takes less than 30 minutes. I suggest this because the transmission can be a little clunky from the factory and just swapping the fluid is a quick, reasonably priced fix for that.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I know that I'll never hear the end of it, but I bought mine with an automatic.... on purpose. I appreciate your input on the exhaust. I'm sure there's a "tips 'n trick's" post somewhere, I'll have to take a look. Thanks for all the advice !

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey guys...picked up my 2015 Mustang GT this past week. Guard Metallic color. No mods on it...yet.
Congrats and welcome! Love the color but I might be biased lol.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Officially a 6G owner! Bought a leftover 2016 this past Saturday and picked it up today. Got a Triple Yellow GT Premium 400a w/ Performance Pack, Recaros and the nickel PP wheels. Dealer gave me a killer deal as they wanted it off the lot before end of month. Ended up paying 30900 for the car, sticker was just shy of 42! So far I am really enjoying it. I traded in a 16 WRX (which I traded my Focus ST on) and it feels good to be back in a Ford.

I had a 96 Mystic Cobra previously, and man what a difference the S550 is! Ford really did a great job on this generation.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Officially a 6G owner! Bought a leftover 2016 this past Saturday and picked it up today. Got a Triple Yellow GT Premium 400a w/ Performance Pack, Recaros and the nickel PP wheels. Dealer gave me a killer deal as they wanted it off the lot before end of month. Ended up paying 30900 for the car, sticker was just shy of 42! So far I am really enjoying it. I traded in a 16 WRX (which I traded my Focus ST on) and it feels good to be back in a Ford.

I had a 96 Mystic Cobra previously, and man what a difference the S550 is! Ford really did a great job on this generation.
Killer deal! Congrats and welcome!

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Intro

Hello everyone,
My name is Frank... I have an 2016 EcoBoost Mustang (see attached). I have a YouTube page as well which I just opened. Still a rookie at it, but I guess I will get better at it over time. You can check it out on the link below. Any feedback or questions are welcomed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4oglS0--9SQ-fX7IubZ9rw
20170311_130529.jpg
17434596_1366900373378509_5650965881310170166_o.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

congrats..love the triple yellow color. be sure to post some pictures...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,
My name is Frank... I have an 2016 EcoBoost Mustang (see attached). I have a YouTube page as well which I just opened. Still a rookie at it, but I guess I will get better at it over time. You can check it out on the link below. Any feedback or questions are welcomed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4oglS0--9SQ-fX7IubZ9rw
LOVE the color with the black accents.. is that the performance pack eco boost?

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
LOVE the color with the black accents.. is that the performance pack eco boost?
Hey Lorne34,
Yeah its the performance pack. I believe there is a higher package as mine is only missing the Navi, 19" wheels, and a sportier spoiler. The wheels are stock, but I Plasti-dipped them black as you can see lol. Thanks for the comment on the black accents... It has been hard work and I have done all the installs myself, except for the exhaust which was done by a pro shop.

Last edited:

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
For some reason my computer isn't cooperating with the site as far as posting pics. So long story short after a 12 year break from mustangs and a trade in of a unreliable 16 Camaro 2SS A8 my 2017 GT 401A PP lightning blue with white stripe was delivered to me today. It's been a while since a car has made me smile. While lets be honest my last car is measurably faster in all metrics it just had no soul and a insane price for aftermarket parts. I look forward to owning this car and making it mine. First order of business will be tightening up the IRS then perhaps some warranty friendly power packs and exhaust.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
For some reason my computer isn't cooperating with the site as far as posting pics. So long story short after a 12 year break from mustangs and a trade in of a unreliable 16 Camaro 2SS A8 my 2017 GT 401A PP lightning blue with white stripe was delivered to me today. It's been a while since a car has made me smile. While lets be honest my last car is measurably faster in all metrics it just had no soul and a insane price for aftermarket parts. I look forward to owning this car and making it mine. First order of business will be tightening up the IRS then perhaps some warranty friendly power packs and exhaust.
Must be nice being able to see where you're going and blind spots now too ;)

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
congrats..love the triple yellow color. be sure to post some pictures...
Will do! Hopefully weather clears up, been pretty dreary out since I picked it up.

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Must be nice being able to see where you're going and blind spots now too ;)
That is certainly true. Though being around mechanized armor all of my adult life I have grown accustomed to seeing through vision blocks.
Sponsored