I need tow hooks

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
I am looking for a front and rear tow hook. I'm happy to remove grill honeycomb up front and drill a hole behind the license in the back. What's out there?
Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm using the ZL1 addons front hook. Install is a bit annoying but not a huge deal.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I'm using the ZL1 addons front hook. Install is a bit annoying but not a huge deal.
Center or offset? Wondering as I'm looking at getting the offset one. Supposedly you don't have to remove the fascia to do the offset one like you do the center mount.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Center or offset? Wondering as I'm looking at getting the offset one. Supposedly you don't have to remove the fascia to do the offset one like you do the center mount.
I think the GT350 one is only sold as offset, but it's so much easier to just remove the bumper anyway...

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I think the GT350 one is only sold as offset, but it's so much easier to just remove the bumper anyway...
I keep hearing about the bumper clips and don't want to break mine. Kind of scared to take it off.

Sponsored

CasualGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE & 2013 Focus ST
I have the ZL1 front and rear hooks and have been happy with them. As DocWalt said, install was a bit annoying but not a huge deal. I did cringe when drilling that hole in the rear bumper, though... :-)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
ZL1 front hook wasn't too bad to get installed, w/o removing the bumper (GT). You just have to remove the undertray which is easy.

The rear hook OTOH was a bit of a pain w/o removing body panels. I ended up getting just enough room to drill by bending back the bumper. I don't like messing with body clips either.

Ford also has tow hooks now, but ya, the installs require removing both bumpers.

Once installed, the ZL1 hooks are really nice to work with.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm doing the ford performance hook, it's definitely not a 5 minute install, but I wouldn't call it hard on the front. Tear off fascia, tear off bumper support, drill and re-install. I'm documenting it here as I go, along with a splitter, coilovers, sway bars, camber plates, 18x11 squared, etc...:

[ame]

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
ZL1 front hook wasn't too bad to get installed, w/o removing the bumper (GT). You just have to remove the undertray which is easy.

The rear hook OTOH was a bit of a pain w/o removing body panels. I ended up getting just enough room to drill by bending back the bumper. I don't like messing with body clips either.

Ford also has tow hooks now, but ya, the installs require removing both bumpers.

Once installed, the ZL1 hooks are really nice to work with.
[MENTION=19933]NightmareMoon[/MENTION]

You did the offset front hook correct? From what I can tell that's the one that can be done without pulling the bumper. Making sure before I place my order. Thanks :cheers:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19933]NightmareMoon[/MENTION]

You did the offset front hook correct? From what I can tell that's the one that can be done without pulling the bumper. Making sure before I place my order. Thanks :cheers:
Yup offset.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have the Ford Performance hook. Not worth the hassle but I liked that it mounted to the CRASH BAR and not the smallest bolts that hold it on like many of the others. If I could do it again, I'd get the Blowfish Racing one.

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
On my R I went with the ZL1 Ti front hook, I wouldn't try and install it without pull the bumper, it's really not that hard to remove.
For the rear I used the Ford Racing hook, which you have to pull the rear bumper but mine was sagging so I fixed it while I was in there.
You have to remove the backup light but I found a LED light on Amazon that worked perfect, all I did was pop rivet a piece of aluminum flat stock right above the hook and bolted the light to it, way brighter then the factory light.
Hope this helps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YGZP7G2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

uh0uEw4.jpg

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
I got the center-mount option for the ZL-1 hook. Had to remove front cover, and the bumper itself to drill for center mount. I did not want to torque anything and generally have confidence in the install. Couple pix for reference.
bumper hook.jpg
Hook 1.jpg

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
How difficult was it to drill? When I asked my co-worker about the install, he said drilling his Focus bumper bar was a nightmare.

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
Yes, was a pain. I went through a couple bits. Not the best t start with, and hit them with a file several times to keep them cutting. Just took time.
Sponsored