Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I received my front and rear Vorshlag tow hooks yesterday and decided to tackle the install tonight.
Vorshlag has an install write up on their website that I used but as far as measurements or step-by-step instructions, you're on your own. It's pretty self-explanatory though; the install was very easy.

1. Remove front bumper. There are plenty of videos for this, I didn't see the need in recording that step.

2. Remove the four crash bar bolts on the passenger side of the car. The two inner most bolts have washers on the back. The two outer most bolts do not. (I loosened the four bolts on the driver side as well to give myself some extra wiggle room.)

3. Insert the tow hook between the crash bar and the frame of the car. Then tighten up all the crash bar bolts again.

4. Mark and cut a hole/slit in the lower grille of the bumper. I used pencil marks as a guide. To cut the hole/slit, I drilled holes on the ends of my marks and then drilled holes all the way across until a general shape was formed. Then I used a file to get the shape smooth and flat.

5. Reinstall the bumper and done!

Rear tow hook install will be coming shortly.
0.PNG
1.PNG
1.5.jpg
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Rear tow hook finally installed! Below are the follow steps with pictures.

1. Remove the rear bumper. I have actually not been able to find a video for a 2018 rear bumper removal but it's pretty much the same as the previous years. Here is a video for 2015-2017 rear bumper removal. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-bumper-cover-removal.76172/
There are two screws in the corner of the fenders, behind the tail lights (one screw per side) that was not in the 15-17 removal video. This screw is NOT FUN TO GET AT!! I had to use a wobble socket because there is not enough room to fit a straight socket wrench in there. A regular wrench would work as well but I did not have one of those in a 7mm.
Additionally, the attached video shows the two guys simply pulling the bumper off after all the screws and clips are removed. Though this is true, the 6 clips holding the bumper on right in front of the trunk release are on pretty darn tight. I thought I was going to break something when pulling it off. It will eventually come off. There are no other hidden screws, I promise. (Believe me, I looked for a long time)

2. Unscrew the two crash bar bolts and slide in the tow hook.

3. Reverse the process and done! No cutting of anything required.
2.PNG
1.PNG
44.JPG
33.JPG
11.JPG

Last edited:

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
That rear bumper corner 7mm bolt of patience !!! Thanks for the write up.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
FYI if you have a single rear exhaust tip car like my 15 GTPP base the rear tow hook doesn't seem to work. I couldn't find a way to bolt it up and fit through my bumper cover opening over the tip. I need to call them some day to see what the options are.
Sponsored