Sponsored

tow hooks?

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
At what strength/point do these break? example 5000 lbs, etc.
For both the small/large shaft, front and rear ?

thanks
I read were MagJackPad said its strong enough to pull over 10k.....:shrug:..
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rear hook on my GT last friday. On the GT w/ PP (maybe all S550s?), you basically have to remove the entire bumper if you want unfettered access to the rear bumper for drilling, since the diffuser and the bumper are actually one single piece of plastic, and the rear metal crash bumper is directly above the diffuser.

I just removed the black plastic lower surround, rear backup light, and bent back the diffuser far enough to get a drill in there and although it worked, I'm not sure I'd recommend that route.

Overall that rear hook is pretty clean once installed.

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Installed the rear hook on my GT last friday. On the GT w/ PP (maybe all S550s?), you basically have to remove the entire bumper if you want unfettered access to the rear bumper for drilling, since the diffuser and the bumper are actually one single piece of plastic, and the rear metal crash bumper is directly above the diffuser.

I just removed the black plastic lower surround, rear backup light, and bent back the diffuser far enough to get a drill in there and although it worked, I'm not sure I'd recommend that route.

Thanks for the info, we have not had a standard Mustang with full Fascia to check it out on.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
is the coupon code still good? thanks

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's not working

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
At what strength/point do these break? example 5000 lbs, etc.
For both the small/large shaft, front and rear ?

thanks
We pulled to 10k with no break (small shaft strait) so that makes them good to 5k did not test to breaking point. the shaft is chrome moly and very strong, way stronger than the Decooler others use for a tow hook made with a aluminum hinge. Very few tow hook are rated at all. Its not made to pull your car up a 90 deg cliff if that you will have other things to be concerned with. Ours are made to pull a car up on a trailer, off the track out of the sand and so on.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

Do you have any pictures?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The 11s are tempting, but they look about the same as the 10s from the side, since all the added width is on the inside. I think the 11s are about a quarter to a half inch deeper dish tho.

I went 10s are have few regrets. Note I said few, and not none :)