Sponsored

I hate people so much

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I park way away from everyone to attempt to mitigate issues like this. But it never fails. Probably 3 out of the 5 times i park way away with many empty parking spots closer some jerk comes and parks right beside me and normally dang near on top of me. Sometimes i have to wonder if its purposeful. And I already have a slight door ping dent on passenger side from one of them.
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
There are just very jealous, and shitty people in this world, more so now, than ever before. Entitlement. They believe us folks that work hard for our prized ā€œpossessionsā€, donā€™t deserve them. There are tent-towns full of homeless that deserve a piece of what we have worked our entire adult lives for. Itā€™s complete BS. Defunding police has just allowed the behavior and mindset to happen more frequently, and it doesnā€™t seem to be getting any better.
Whatever you do, never, and I mean never EVER, drive through Downtown Portland at night. If one of the flash-mobs bust out, they make it a point to destroy everything that isnā€™t a gigantic pile of shit. They will walk right over your Mustang, just like they did the Porsche Panamera a few nights ago. Because, mobs rule. šŸ™„

My DD is a very nice Lexus, lowered, wheels, etcā€¦..Home Depot Portland - parked 15-20 spots from the nearest car, come out to a pile of shit with F America decals all over it, parked within 12ā€ of drivers door (I have license plates that support fallen LEOā€™s - so Iā€™m sure thatā€™s probably part of the reason). They thought they were funny/assholes.
I spent 10 minutes waiting for them to come out, and before entering from the passenger side of my car, I made sure to disconnect a few vacuum hoses from their wheel well. Probably not the best idea, but assholes that are deliberate assholes, need to be told so.

This happened to me one time in a Home Depot several years back when I still had my 03 350z. Went to Home Depot in a large shopping center, hundreds of spots with 75% open. I parked far away all by myself because like many on here I detest door dings. I come out and there is a Ford Escape parked so close to me I couldn't open the door far enough to get in. I didn't wait for them. I just got in through the passenger door and then opened the driver door very hard into their car.

If you remember the 350z back then they had a quite large exterior door handle.
1657287874493.png

You could see the impression of this in the side of their door. I felt horrible about it after the fact but kept reminding myself they did that intentionally, so screw them.

Before I get flamed for this post, let me be clear, I was 100% certain whoever parked like this did it intentionally. I was also much younger and not the same person I am today. Looking back at it now, I was wrong even though they were a dick.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
My biggest fear after many years of paying for pdr on many cars is seeing someone do it to my gt and how I will react. It will not be pretty for sure.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Try living with a 2 yo who knows how to open car doors. I now have a crease above the rear tire of my GT350. Despite having a cover and padding between my wifes car door and my car. I track my car, and every event I find more chips, dents, stains etc...each event.

It is what it is. Car won't stay perfect forever. Owning a black car once myself, it happens way faster than a light colored car. Do your best to park by yourself, and leave the rest up to God. LOL
I bought my 06GT new. Had it for all of a few months before the first hit. My son was backing into the driveway in his lifted F150 with tailgate down with his dirt bike in bed. Tailgate caught the left rear quarter just behind the gas door. Kid was very upset so what can a dad do but get it fixed.
Thought that would be it.
2nd hit...Was leaving my neighborhood at 6AM and stopped at a STOP sign waiting to make a turn...paper delivery guy hits me from behind! Minor ding in rear bumper. IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
3rd and 4th hits....tapped from behind while I was sitting in traffic and sitting at red light! minor bumper dings. IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
5th hit.....parked in parking lot at work. Tractor trailer driver took turn too tight and clipped the rear bumper! IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
6th hit...parked away from everyone at Home Depot..came out to see crease in driver fender.
just above the GT emblem. Fixed all the dings and dents but never got around to the fender crease. That was on the list along with road rash on front bumper and three paint jobs on the aluminum hood! šŸ˜© My family told me that GT was cursed!
Keeping my GT/CS in a bubble!
cwl.gif

IMG_2698.jpg

Taboo 32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT California Special
I once had a 90 year old man fling his parked car door open because he lacked the strength and flexibility to open it to full lock. This took place just as I was pulling into my parking spot. He explained himself and apologized to excess. My 4Runner hit his door edge and bent his door and my license plateā€¦ I was thankful I didnā€™t bend him.

Sponsored

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
To the OP. I have one of what you have in both my '07GT and '17V6.
I look at this way. Steve McQueen intentionally dented the hood on his
highland green fastback 390 Mustang in the movie Bullitt. He said it had
something to do with character.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I once had a 90 year old man fling his parked car door open because he lacked the strength and flexibility to open it to full lock. This took place just as I was pulling into my parking spot. He explained himself and apologized to excess. My 4Runner hit his door edge and bent his door and my license plateā€¦ I was thankful I didnā€™t bend him.
I bought my 06GT new. Had it for all of a few months before the first hit. My son was backing into the driveway in his lifted F150 with tailgate down with his dirt bike in bed. Tailgate caught the left rear quarter just behind the gas door. Kid was very upset so what can a dad do but get it fixed.
Thought that would be it.
2nd hit...Was leaving my neighborhood at 6AM and stopped at a STOP sign waiting to make a turn...paper delivery guy hits me from behind! Minor ding in rear bumper. IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
3rd and 4th hits....tapped from behind while I was sitting in traffic and sitting at red light! minor bumper dings. IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
5th hit.....parked in parking lot at work. Tractor trailer driver took turn too tight and clipped the rear bumper! IDIOTS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
6th hit...parked away from everyone at Home Depot..came out to see crease in driver fender.
just above the GT emblem. Fixed all the dings and dents but never got around to the fender crease. That was on the list along with road rash on front bumper and three paint jobs on the aluminum hood! šŸ˜© My family told me that GT was cursed!
Keeping my GT/CS in a bubble!
cwl.gif

IMG_2698.jpg
Nice car!! Looking at the pics, I would pity the fool who would hit your mailbox. Maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s made that way. :giggle:

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Kids are houseboating with grandma and grandpa this week, so the wife and I are going out for dinner and a movie tonight.

I would love to take the Mustang, but I'm just not comfortable leaving it in a movie theater parking lot in a mediocre area for 2.5 hours with a lot of kids on summer vacation in the immediate vicinity.

I realize I'm being very much overly cautious, but I just don't trust society these days.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
When I was young, 16-17 or so I carried a ball peen hammer in my glove boxā€¦

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Kids are houseboating with grandma and grandpa this week, so the wife and I are going out for dinner and a movie tonight.

I would love to take the Mustang, but I'm just not comfortable leaving it in a movie theater parking lot in a mediocre area for 2.5 hours with a lot of kids on summer vacation in the immediate vicinity.

I realize I'm being very much overly cautious, but I just don't trust society these days.
I get it. Depending on where we go, depends on what we drive. Thankfully, most areas we frequent there arenā€™t many worries.
I drive the Tundra if there are ever any concerns.

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Went to the gym today and when I came back out I noticed a crease in rear panel by the window. Itā€™s hard to see but itā€™s a 2ā€ vertical crease. Looks like either someone set something on it or dropped something on it, idk. Work hard to buy nice shit for this to happenā€¦

6392F656-AEE5-4AE4-8336-7E9F2E89DACC.jpeg
Ben
Went to the gym today and when I came back out I noticed a crease in rear panel by the window. Itā€™s hard to see but itā€™s a 2ā€ vertical crease. Looks like either someone set something on it or dropped something on it, idk. Work hard to buy nice shit for this to happenā€¦

Been their had that happen to me few time's over the years on different car's, I thought parking way in back from other people would help but they just park beside you anyhow either in hopes being next to nice car theirs won't get dinged or just to be asshats. People just don't get it at time's, had someone leaning on my mustang few weeks ago when I came out to parking lot at the mall told the guy to get the f$%k off my car he gave me this blank look I asked him if he wanted to post for new paint job

Definitely sucks that some people just don't get it, tried parking at back of loot away from everyone but that doesn't work either as they'll park beside you in hopes their shit won't get dinged as it is beside nice car or they just do it to piss you off. You may be able to just tap that out yourself by removing inside carpet or plastic panel, that's all the PDR people will do well they heat it up sometimes now that I'm saying it maybe just let them do it lol. I had couple dings on my last car and they got them out pretty quick and one was definitely lot worse then your's, its well worth the money.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I contemplated it, believe me, lol. But I feel like the $100 Iā€™m spending on the PDR professional may be cheaper in the long run.

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I contemplated it, believe me, lol. But I feel like the $100 Iā€™m spending on the PDR professional may be cheaper in the long run.
Yeah I agree even though I like saving extra money for fuel or towards future mods it is best to leave some stuff to the pro's, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run. I was going to hook my dash cam up to constantly record but slim chance it will catch car hitting mine with their door, just sucks you can't go anywhere these day's without worrying if it'll get marked up. I remember years ago an old lady opened her door of her Saturn into my foxbody, I got out and asked her why she just did that and tried to ignore it here answer was 'well that's what those rubber strips are for on your door' I nearly ripped her melon off then she said her car was brand new and mine was old not worth much crazy old people my damn wheels on that car were worth more then her car. Lol

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Yeah I agree even though I like saving extra money for fuel or towards future mods it is best to leave some stuff to the pro's, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run. I was going to hook my dash cam up to constantly record but slim chance it will catch car hitting mine with their door, just sucks you can't go anywhere these day's without worrying if it'll get marked up. I remember years ago an old lady opened her door of her Saturn into my foxbody, I got out and asked her why she just did that and tried to ignore it here answer was 'well that's what those rubber strips are for on your door' I nearly ripped her melon off then she said her car was brand new and mine was old not worth much crazy old people my damn wheels on that car were worth more then her car. Lol
I remember my dad helped my brother get a brand new 2003 firebird. Well, he had a seizure and couldnā€™t drive for a year so Iā€™d ride with my dad to go pick up my brother from work. We were sitting outside in the car one day waiting for my brother, and the guy in the car next to us slams his door into the driver side. So, my dad gets out and asks the guy what the fuck his problem was and he said ā€œhe was having a badā€ day and shoved my dad. Needless to say that manā€™s day got WAY worse after that, lol.

I get that people are in the their head more than ever these days because of all the shit going on, but thatā€™s no excuse to ruin someone else stuff.

Iā€™ve scratched and dented someone elseā€™s shit on accident before and Iā€™ve waited for them to get back to let them know it was an accident and proceed accordingly.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My friend's Mustang got sandwiched by two police cars while parked and one of them dinged her rear quarter on the side....literally can't trust anyone lol
Sponsored