Sponsored

HPP Tuning

tfribourg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost HPP
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody here has a 2020 HPP ecoboost, and has tuned/modded it? I'm stock right now save for a drop in filter and am looking for some opinions on where to start. It's a daily driver so i am not looking for every drop of power it has, but i imagine the factory tune leaves a lot of ponies untapped

Would it be worth it to grab a tune for the time being in order to optimize it for 93 fuel? What mods are most important/ worth while for the HPP engine, ie intercooler- ours is improved, but how much so?

If any HPP owners could share their experiences i'd greatly appreciate it
Sponsored

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
can't offer anything, but I hope ford offers a tune for the HPP. It would be the icing on the cake.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

I'm interested in what we'll find. My guess is the same things that work on all the other Eco's will work on ours.

Mine is bone stock at this point.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a daily driver so i am not looking for every drop of power it has,
then why do you care? Talk to a reputable tuner and they'll advise you what they can/can't do. You're right the factory tune is likely to be sad and pathetic. Not from a pure power standpoint but rather in efficiency and responsiveness. Granted I don't have an HPP (2019) but on my car the factory boost would peg at 20 or so PSI all the damn time and yet the engine wouldn't do anything. Torrie@Unleashed re-did the map and my boost usage is now quite modest but the engine pulls something fierce. Even better with 30% E85 mix. I may or may not have a single extra HP since i haven't dyno'd before and after, but I will say that after Torrie's magic, the fun to drive factor went WAAAAYY up.

What mods are most important
Intercooler every day and twice on Sunday. I have the Wagner unit, my IAT is consistently only 5F warmer than ambient.

OP
OP
tfribourg

tfribourg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost HPP
then why do you care? Talk to a reputable tuner and they'll advise you what they can/can't do. You're right the factory tune is likely to be sad and pathetic. Not from a pure power standpoint but rather in efficiency and responsiveness. Granted I don't have an HPP (2019) but on my car the factory boost would peg at 20 or so PSI all the damn time and yet the engine wouldn't do anything. Torrie@Unleashed re-did the map and my boost usage is now quite modest but the engine pulls something fierce. Even better with 30% E85 mix. I may or may not have a single extra HP since i haven't dyno'd before and after, but I will say that after Torrie's magic, the fun to drive factor went WAAAAYY up.
I'd rather have it and not need it, don't wanna compromise the engine in any way.

I hear you with the boost thing though, that's how i feel when i'm trying to pass someone on the highway. Like i'm not pushing it to the limits on my way to work, but on the weekends when i'm cruising down some backroads i like to open it up ya know?

[QUOTE="Intercooler every day and twice on Sunday. I have the Wagner unit, my IAT is consistently only 5F warmer than ambient.[/QUOTE]

IAT being intake air temp?

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Intercooler won't change your IAT. The charge air temp is where the intercooler helps.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Find the big Ecoboost FB group, there’s been some good info there.

Pollack1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody here has a 2020 HPP ecoboost, and has tuned/modded it? I'm stock right now save for a drop in filter and am looking for some opinions on where to start. It's a daily driver so i am not looking for every drop of power it has, but i imagine the factory tune leaves a lot of ponies untapped

Would it be worth it to grab a tune for the time being in order to optimize it for 93 fuel? What mods are most important/ worth while for the HPP engine, ie intercooler- ours is improved, but how much so?

I have one Fbo and on E30 tune.
I worked with cobb over the last 4 months testing the OTS tunes.
Tunes are very good for the HPP was very happy with results we achieved.
My
Cobb fmic
Cobb high flow catted downpipe.
Cobb exhaust (took active exhaust to help tune with their catback)
Airaid tube with stock box
1 step colder plugs
Airaid intake tube w stock box
Tuneplusinc.com E30 tune.
Put car on dyno and it is making 385/435
Day of Dyno
Car is easily making 400 considering inside the building 101 degrees
93 outside with 85% Humidity here in Florida.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
charts? Almost all dyno software has correction factors for temp and humidity. Did your operator NOT engage that mode to come up with 385 theoretical crank HP? Can you post the actual, uncorrected wheel figures?

OP
OP
tfribourg

tfribourg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost HPP
I have one Fbo and on E30 tune.
I worked with cobb over the last 4 months testing the OTS tunes.
Tunes are very good for the HPP was very happy with results we achieved.
My
Cobb fmic
Cobb high flow catted downpipe.
Cobb exhaust (took active exhaust to help tune with their catback)
Airaid tube with stock box
1 step colder plugs
Airaid intake tube w stock box
Tuneplusinc.com E30 tune.
Day of Dyno
93 outside with 85% Humidity here in Florida.
Awesome, that's the kind of info i was looking for. What's your gas mileage look like with all that? Peak boost?

Sponsored

Pollack1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP
charts? Almost all dyno software has correction factors for temp and humidity. Did your operator NOT engage that mode to come up with 385 theoretical crank HP? Can you post the actual, uncorrected wheel figures?
This was whp. I have no idea how to any if that or answer that part for you.

Pollack1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP
Awesome, that's the kind of info i was looking for. What's your gas mileage look like with all that? Peak boost?
Car is getting about 21 on E30. Peak boost is high 26s. Stay consistent 24 all the way to 7k

Pollack1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP

Pollack1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP
It will not let me upload photos from my phone. I'm on Facebook
Mike Pollack. Send me a direct message ill send you the sheets ans info I have

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Can u post them... I've been wait too long for a 2.7 v6 twin-turbo Mustang. If ur getting 430+ of torque, I might have to order one. I know I'll get it before I get my Bronco.
Sponsored